Stevenson - Easter

mikbone

Just before Conference, I started thinking that my family needs to do a better job celebrating Easter.

"How can individuals and families model the teaching and celebration of Jesus Christ’s Resurrection — the Easter story — with the same balance, fullness and religious tradition as His birth — the Christmas story?"   Gary Stevenson

While looking @ https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/comeuntochrist/easter/holy-week

I decided

Palm Sunday - Go to Church (Home Church - General Conference) Walk through town as a family.

Monday - (Cleansing the temple) Spring deep cleaning of our home!

Tuesday & Wednesday - Study of Christ, We will finish watching The Chosen with our Children

Thursday - The passover meal, Sedar

98198FED-04D8-42CA-BF27-3F6F990A6E3D.thumb.jpeg.4ed2ee851b38aa761cb902147deea864.jpeg

Friday - The wife will bake Hot Cross Buns, We will likely travel to a local monastery.  And walk the beautiful grounds.

42995FB9-4FAD-40D6-B3A8-A5408DD4CF25.thumb.jpeg.b6fce17dbc58e1891ad9ba921c9ecbc1.jpeg

Saturday - Walk / clean a local Cemetery

Sunday - Easter Sacrament meeting.  Likely some chocolate as well.

Edited by mikbone

Our family has a dozen Easter eggs with items inside them related to the Last Supper, arrest, crucifixion and Resurrection. We started last Wednesday and open an egg a day and read the related scripture. On Easter we read the Easter story. One year I synoptized the accounts, but since we still have littles we usually just read one of the accounts.

We walked thru town yesterday with olive branches instead of palm fronds.  Gotta make due.  Everyone enjoyed it.

Today we cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, trimmed some trees and fired up a burn pile.

Roasted some peeps too.2E032111-1F3E-4902-90EF-6E1FD52DE8D3.thumb.jpeg.f95b03ebf90251a8728e2d0145febd43.jpeg

Also went shopping.  First store was out of Matzah bread.  Good on grape juice though. 👍🏽

There is so much drinking during Seder.

Edited by mikbone

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

I like the idea of explaining to our children - both young and old.  That Jesus died (on a Friday evening) and was resurrected on Easter Sunday.

The Traveler

I never realized how fast everything happened in the last days

Thursday - Last supper.  Then straight to Gethsemane.  Taken into custody. 

Friday - Tried before Pilate in the early morning, scourged, nailed to the cross before noon.  Died and placed in the tomb before sundown.

Saturday - No rest for the weary.  Visit Paradise to set up the missionary program to spirit prison.

D&C 138:27 But his ministry among those who were dead was limited to the brief time intervening between the crucifixion and his resurrection;

Sunday morning - Resurrection

Edited by mikbone

6 minutes ago, zil2 said:

Hmm.  That person has three arms.  Exactly what sort of doctor are you again...?

Oh, I remember doing finger re-implants back in residency.  Usually after an unskilled saw injury.

I do not recommend.  5-6 hours per finger, leaches, long rehab.

Safety first my friends.