The PAC 12 is all but gone!

MrShorty

I'm seeing reports tonight that the U, along with the Arizona schools, are going to the Big 12 and a couple of the Pac NW schools are going to the Big 10, leaving only 4 members of the PAC 12 still in the PAC 12. Not sure what to make of this.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50701889/utah-accepts-invitation-to-join-big-12-in-2024-after-board-of-trustees-vote

Edited by MrShorty

• MrShorty changed the title to The PAC 12 is all but gone!

I don't know what a big 12 or a pac 12 or a pac NW is.  But if this news allows me to wear my U of U tshirt and go "woo-woo-woooooooo!" at BYU people while they look awkward, upset, or uneasy (because that's their reaction to the news, not the reaction to me acting weird), then I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

I don't know what a big 12 or a pac 12 or a pac NW is.  But if this news allows me to wear my U of U tshirt and go "woo-woo-woooooooo!" at BYU people while they look awkward, upset, or uneasy (because that's their reaction to the news, not the reaction to me acting weird), then I'm all for it.

F2ymJoxagAEVskO?format=webp&name=small

@Ironhold That's what the reports I'm seeing are saying, too. Kliavkoff's inability to secure a media rights deal that everyone liked was what eventually drove the U and other universities to jump ship. But what can he do, really? If the media outlets were unwilling to pay what the Pac-12 (when it was the Pac-12) thought it was worth, then there isn't much to be done. Capitalism is often a cutthroat way of doing business. Ultimately, what does it really mean? Maybe that the Pac-12 brand wasn't as valuable as was thought?

Sad end to a once great conference.  The last two commissioners destroyed the Pac 12.

Unfortunately this is the new path of college football.  NIL and the upcoming super conferences will destroy college football as we have known it.  ACC is the next conference to die as they get poached by the Big 10, SEC and Big 12.

My goal in getting active in following college sports is 100% wanting to rub things in the faces of my BYU- or Colorado- affilliated co-workers. 

So help me out folks.   I'm looking for the quickest and easiest and freest way to get notified of final scores from whatever game had the U playing Colorado or the Y.  So I'll know when to wear my red Ute shirt and go "woo-woo-WOO" at these people.  Is there an app or a website or something?   I'm told the Big 12 will have such rivalry games for Baseball, Basketball, Football, W Basketball, W Gymnastics, W Soccer, W Softball, and W Volleyball, so lots of dates and scores to check.

(My second goal is to not spend a single thin dime in this endeavor.  I won't be watching games, or paying to watch games.  Or buying an app.)