The Church is true

bytor2112

I have been very grumpy today.......the market tanked again today...aaarrggh!!!:mad: ......and I have been a bit under the weather...:( . Tonight, we had Stake leadership training and after it was over My wife was set apart as the First Councellor in Stake Young Women's Presidency. We went to the High Council room and as my wife was set apart and recieved a blessing.....immediately, I felt the Spirit and everything was suddenly ok....back into perspective. The Church is true.......:)

I have been very grumpy today.......the market tanked again today...aaarrggh!!!:mad: ......and I have been a bit under the weather...:( . Tonight, we had Stake leadership training and after it was over My wife was set apart as the First Councellor in Stake Young Women's Presidency. We went to the High Council room and as my wife was set apart and recieved a blessing.....immediately, I felt the Spirit and everything was suddenly ok....back into perspective. The Church is true.......:)

What can you expect? Business people know what is going to happen once Obama and the Dems take over.

Sometimes I have to have a series of really bad days before something happens (for better or for worse) to put things back into perspective. Glad you got back to the middle. :)

(Oh and yep, the Church is true!)

A bishop I had for 5 yrs when I lived in WVC was put in as bishop and lost his job the next week. He couldn't find a permanent job the entire time he was bishop. He loaned a bunch of money to a brother and the brother wouldn't pay him back. He was married with 5 kids. I have been thinking of him a lot lately. He was not of a patient nature. He taught me so much. He told me many times that he would find a job and things would get better financially when the lord was ready for it to for him. He counciled the ward often that god's purposes cannot be thwarted by man. Shortly after he was released they moved and he found a great job in Idaho. I have thought about him often because of the economy. I will be losing my job in a few months and am not sure what I will do. But I am trying to have faith that the lord has a plan. I am glad you had the experience you did. Hope and faith are most important.:)

Some years past I took my family to attend the Hill Cumorah Pageant in New York. We had gone early and had taken along a lunch to eat in our seats as we waited for the Pageant to start. In front of us were two delightful older ladies that we talked with in passing. As we waited missionaries walked among the guests discussing various gospel topics. They stopped to introduce themselves to the older ladies seated in front of us. It was refreshing to hear their simple explanations and testimonies. The missionaries finished with a firm statement that “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true.” After the missionaries left one of the ladies turned to the other and said something like, “The young men are telling the truth, I have been to Salt Lake City myself and have seen their church.”

To avoid confusion I will add my understanding. The covenants given by sacred ordinances through those that have appropriately received their commission from on high are all according to the ancient order is as G-d has commanded and are the only covenants on earth (that I know of) that are linked directly to Jesus the Christ.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

A bishop I had for 5 yrs when I lived in WVC was put in as bishop and lost his job the next week. He couldn't find a permanent job the entire time he was bishop. He loaned a bunch of money to a brother and the brother wouldn't pay him back. He was married with 5 kids. I have been thinking of him a lot lately. He was not of a patient nature. He taught me so much. He told me many times that he would find a job and things would get better financially when the lord was ready for it to for him. He counciled the ward often that god's purposes cannot be thwarted by man. Shortly after he was released they moved and he found a great job in Idaho. I have thought about him often because of the economy. I will be losing my job in a few months and am not sure what I will do. But I am trying to have faith that the lord has a plan. I am glad you had the experience you did. Hope and faith are most important.:)

Often it is darkest just before the dawn. Or in LDS terms the blessings come after that trial.

The Traveler

I remember the day I was ordained, back in April of 1996...there was such a presence of the Holy Spirit in that place, as 40 of us received our commisssion. I had been away from the Northwest for more about a dozen years, so the presbytor that was to lay hands on me was not someone I knew. However, as the praying began, the minister who guided me through my adolescence, then retired (or re-fired as we say--the work never ends), came up and joined in laying hands on me. Powerful, wonderful anointing there. My thoughts:

1. God is true.

2. I'm so humbled and privileged to serve.

3. This church is a good fellowship with good people and sound, solid teaching.

Thank you for stirring up those memories for me, Bytor! I lost a good chunk of retirement change these last few months to...but my eternal account remains full...and I am blessed.

...We went to the High Council room and as my wife was set apart and recieved a blessing.....immediately, I felt the Spirit and everything was suddenly ok....back into perspective. The Church is true.......

A question. If a person is feeling really lousy and cannot find the Spirit, is the Church still true?

A question. If a person is feeling really lousy and cannot find the Spirit, is the Church still true?

Yes indeed. The church is true despite of how we are feeling or what we have done or not done or whether we believe it or not. The church is the work of the Lord......what work? To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.:)

I remember the day I was ordained, back in April of 1996...there was such a presence of the Holy Spirit in that place, as 40 of us received our commisssion. I had been away from the Northwest for more about a dozen years, so the presbytor that was to lay hands on me was not someone I knew. However, as the praying began, the minister who guided me through my adolescence, then retired (or re-fired as we say--the work never ends), came up and joined in laying hands on me. Powerful, wonderful anointing there. My thoughts:

1. God is true.

2. I'm so humbled and privileged to serve.

3. This church is a good fellowship with good people and sound, solid teaching.

Thank you for stirring up those memories for me, Bytor! I lost a good chunk of retirement change these last few months to...but my eternal account remains full...and I am blessed.

This brought to my mind when I was ordained to the Melchizedk Priesthood. I was ordained by the laying on of hands by my father - who made his living as an insurance salesman.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by his father (my grandfather) - who made his living as a sheepherder.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by his father (my great grandfather) – who made his living as a US Marshal in the old West with Orrin Porter Rockwall.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by his father (my great great grandfather) – who made his living as a ship caption.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by an Apostle and Prophet Joseph Smith.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by the Apostles and Prophets Peter, James and John.

Who were ordained by the laying on of hands by Jesus Christ – who made his living as a carpenter.

The Traveler

I have been very grumpy today.......the market tanked again today...aaarrggh!!!:mad: ......and I have been a bit under the weather...:( . Tonight, we had Stake leadership training and after it was over My wife was set apart as the First Councilor in Stake Young Women's Presidency. We went to the High Council room and as my wife was set apart and received a blessing.....immediately, I felt the Spirit and everything was suddenly ok....back into perspective. The Church is true.......:)

Congrats to your wife on her new tasking and calling.

Hang in....I had to restart my day by having the Holy Ghost to make His presence this morning. Nasty nightmare that brought a bad spirit.

Boy! Is it great to have that loving and peaceful feeling? :P

Yes indeed. The church is true despite of how we are feeling or what we have done or not done or whether we believe it or not. The church is the work of the Lord......what work? To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.:)

Thank you, Bytor, I needed that. While I am financially stable because of the industry I'm in, I just found out a few days ago that my executive director (and dear friend) is being fired because the management company likes me better and wants me to replace her (talk about an ethical tragedy). My boyfriend and I are breaking up. And I am still struggling with my addiction to dancing and my attendance in church.

But yes, the church is still true. Even when I don't go it's still true. I have felt the Spirit as I have read this thread and it brings tears to my eyes to be reminded that that is still possible!

This brought to my mind when I was ordained to the Melchizedk Priesthood. I was ordained by the laying on of hands by my father - who made his living as an insurance salesman.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by his father (my grandfather) - who made his living as a sheepherder.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by his father (my great grandfather) – who made his living as a US Marshal in the old West with Orrin Porter Rockwall.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by his father (my great great grandfather) – who made his living as a ship caption.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by an Apostle and Prophet Joseph Smith.

Who was ordained by the laying on of hands by the Apostles and Prophets Peter, James and John.

Who were ordained by the laying on of hands by Jesus Christ – who made his living as a carpenter.

The Traveler

I admire families with a long heritage of faith. My grandparents were Lutheran, and I'm convinced that their prayers preserved me to the day of my conversion. My parents were not church-going, and at that ordination service I told you about, I was amongst the four (out of 40) who came from "unchurched families."

God uses my experiences to minister to those in the jail, the majority of whom come from families like mine. At the same time, I want to give to my daughters, what your parents and ancestors gave to you.

How nice to find this thread. Just uplifting, positive sharing of testimonies and blessings! Our God is an awesome God! Don't know if you know this, Chaplain, but we LDS believe that even in the millenium where Christ reigns and all there will still be Christians of different faiths living together, LDS, Lutherans, etc. - I think that's cool. :-) I appreciate your positive, uplifting contributions to this forum. So refreshing when there's so much that is neither (positive nor uplifting)!

I admire families with a long heritage of faith. My grandparents were Lutheran, and I'm convinced that their prayers preserved me to the day of my conversion. My parents were not church-going, and at that ordination service I told you about, I was amongst the four (out of 40) who came from "unchurched families."

God uses my experiences to minister to those in the jail, the majority of whom come from families like mine. At the same time, I want to give to my daughters, what your parents and ancestors gave to you.

:lol: I guess on my father's side, they were into the catholic religion heavily to the point one was granted the status of a literal SAINT. It is amazing what our past reveals.

:lol: I guess on my father's side, they were into the catholic religion heavily to the point one was granted the status of a literal SAINT. It is amazing what our past reveals.

Hi Hemi,

Your father was indeed a wise man !!!!! :):):):)

Peace,

Ceeboo