crazy buddhist loves guns and knives

bodhigirlsmiles

ok....yes, i'm buddhist....and yes, buddhists do not believe in violence....but i have a HUGE fascination with guns and knives. (do NOT tell my parents, LOL, they seriously would not be pleased.)

for my birthday, i am thinking about getting myself a handgun. i am pretty much settled on a .9mm, although i am not at all settled on which maker.

i am fond of glocks, but i don't know if i want to spend quite that much.

recently i read about another gun....the cz 75 d compact .9mm. it is a czech-made gun, and seems to get great reviews (at about half the cost of a glock).

does anyone have any experience with either? is it better to spend the extra money? do you have any recommendations?

(p.s. calleigh duquesne is my hero....)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently watched a TV show about an open air gun selling-toting-shooting convention in Kentucky. That is the place to go to get some really BIG guns. You know, the kind that would give you status in the eyes of the babes. Much better than those long trucks. These rapid fire fully automatic beauties would let the hunnies know exactly what you were all about. Probably the charm the guys, who appreciate a great deal of fire power, as well.

ok....yes, i'm buddhist....and yes, buddhists do not believe in violence....but i have a HUGE fascination with guns and knives. (do NOT tell my parents, LOL, they seriously would not be pleased.)

for my birthday, i am thinking about getting myself a handgun. i am pretty much settled on a .9mm, although i am not at all settled on which maker.

recently i read about another gun....the cz 75 d compact .9mm. it is a czech-made gun, and seems to get great reviews (at about half the cost of a glock).

does anyone have any experience with either? is it better to spend the extra money? do you have any recommendations?

Go to the range and rent it first. I was gun ho (pun intended) on getting a Glock 19. I read every review comparing it with other compact 9mms. I would go to the gun shop to hold it and i loved the feel, weight and trigger pull. They day i went to pick one up i couldn't get it as I just moved to a new state and didn't have a state ID or lived here long enough yet. So I went to the local range and rented one and after an hour of getting hot brass shot in my face i i was glad i had not bought it yet.

Long story short. Try it before you buy it.

BTW If you not getting it for protection i would recommend something that shoots the .22lr

Edited by hordak

Perhaps you should joined the military...^_^

Guest QueenAnti

I'm a fan of hunting/sniper rifles myself. My step-dad has this cold-war era west German made rifle. This thing has like no recoil, and I can accurately peg a nickel at 250 years with it. It's THAT accurate.

Those years I spent living in the cheese state would have been miserable had it not been for the Rifle collection.

Guest Godless

Me want a 1911, though I hear .45 ammo is pretty expensive these days.

Also, you're not the only Buddhist in the world who likes weapons. A friend of mine is a Buddhist and he has a huge collection of knives/swords/daggers/etc. No guns yet though.

I'm a fan of hunting/sniper rifles myself. My step-dad has this cold-war era west German made rifle. This thing has like no recoil, and I can accurately peg a nickel at 250 years with it. It's THAT accurate.

Those years I spent living in the cheese state would have been miserable had it not been for the Rifle collection.

From 250 years!? I’m curious, are you shooting into the future or the past? :lol:

I've owned full-size and baby Glock 9mm's. I have almost no experience with any other kind of handgun, so I can't go recommending against anything, but I must say that I am very very satisfied with my Glock.

So, you say Buddhists "don't believe in violence"? I think I understand that you all figure killing for any reason, no matter how justifiable, ain't a tool a Buddhist can use. But are you able to practice self-defense in ways which might harm someone? Something to keep in mind is the notion that when we employ a firearm to defend ourselves, we are trying to STOP the attack. We are not trying to KILL the attacker. It's an important difference.

And FYI, there are tons and tons of people who survive being shot by a 9mm.

LM

I thought I'd weigh in with my own experience with .9mm handguns. I found the trigger pull on the Glocks that I tried out to be too heavy for my personal comfort, and didn't like the magazine eject. I can second the brass in the face experience. My personal favourite is still the Beretta 92f, though with the floating barrel it is a bit less accurate than pistols with fixed barrels in my experience.

I also like the Ruger P89TH but have no idea about price or what it's like nowadays. If memory serves, you can use the same magazines in the Ruger PC-9 carbine rifle. That was a fun rifle to shoot, but is at least a decade old.

Perhaps you should joined the military...^_^

hmmmm....it's a thought. let me ask you a question....do you think, honestly, that women are respected in the military? do you think that they are tolerated, but that they cannot gain the same respect or status that men are able to achieve? i am not being difficult, but i am just curious about your opinion.

So, you say Buddhists "don't believe in violence"? I think I understand that you all figure killing for any reason, no matter how justifiable, ain't a tool a Buddhist can use. But are you able to practice self-defense in ways which might harm someone?

this has always been the difficulty for me as well.

Something to keep in mind is the notion that when we employ a firearm to defend ourselves, we are trying to STOP the attack. We are not trying to KILL the attacker. It's an important difference.

i think you are right, that is an important distinction to make.

hmmmm....it's a thought. let me ask you a question....do you think, honestly, that women are respected in the military? do you think that they are tolerated, but that they cannot gain the same respect or status that men are able to achieve? i am not being difficult, but i am just curious about your opinion.

Women in the military are treated like dirt. Same as the men. But actually power comes from rank and not from gender in the service. You respect (or at least show it) to those who are higher ranking regardless of gender. The only thing women can't do in the military that men can is joining a specialty group like TACP , or Green berets but the actual number of men who join them is so small not many earn the right to boast about that anyhow.

Guest Godless

^ Basically, what he said. Women, just like men, have to earn their respect in the military. However, man or woman, all are viewed as comrades and brothers and sisters in arms. I have seen very, very few cases where gender was an issue in a military environment.