Seriously...?

Wingnut

Seriously, I can't be the only non-moderator here who is sick and tired of people complaining about the moderators. It's simple. You register for an account, you click a little box that says you agree to the rules of the site. If you haven't read them, that's your problem. Don't complain about it when you get called on the carpet for not following them.

Yes, enforcing of the rules is subjective. That's because the moderators are people, not a central intelligence computer system.

If you receive an infraction, it is done in private, not in the middle of a thread. Whether or not you agree with it, you have been dealt with discreetly. Give the moderators the same courtesy.

(This is not directed at any one person, but rather at everyone who publicly complains about moderators/moderation.)

Guest Ceeboos_Boss

Seriously, I can't be the only non-moderator here who is sick and tired of people complaining about the moderators. It's simple. You register for an account, you click a little box that says you agree to the rules of the site. If you haven't read them, that's your problem. Don't complain about it when you get called on the carpet for not following them.

Yes, enforcing of the rules is subjective. That's because the moderators are people, not a central intelligence computer system.

If you receive an infraction, it is done in private, not in the middle of a thread. Whether or not you agree with it, you have been dealt with discreetly. Give the moderators the same courtesy.

(This is not directed at any one person, but rather at everyone who publicly complains about moderators/moderation.)

what a joke!

If this was a thread about the mods not being fair it would have been closed b4 it was opened!

Edited by Ceeboos_Boss

Noting your own personal attack this morning on another thread, I would be cautious of your own posting. :rolleyes:

Noting your own personal attack this morning on another thread, I would be cautious of your own posting. :rolleyes:

That was not a personal attack. I was asking for clarification because of ambiguity and confusion. It was not in any way intended to be a personal attack, and I apologize if you took it that way.

Regardless, I'm not complaining about moderation against me, which is the point of this thread.

Didn't get to put this on the other thread, so i'll stick it here.

"LDS.NET reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the LDS.NET Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability."

That would be fine if when someone questions the mods privatly they would respond.... I never had a problem on this site till I made a mod mad. I am all for following the rules and have but since you have not been subject to this it would not make sense to you I guess.

actually i have been in that situation a long while ago and have to say I was very impressed with the way Heather sorted it out.

I have also been a moderator at one point on a multifaith forum and you are not always gonna get it right, I don't always agree with decisions a moderator makes, BUT they work hard for nothing and I appreciate what they do.

This is a really good site, I have been apart of online forums for many years and this is one of the best. Its that way because of the moderators we have and posting public dissension with them causes problems for everyong

-Charley

Guest missingsomething

Is there a way for any of you to just let go of this? It seems like a lot of emotion that could be better served by helping answer some pressing questions.... Like... hmmm.... which came first...the chicken or the egg!?!?!! :eek: :)

Im new here,

But here's the thing... you do agree to give the mods power over you by agreeing to join the site. Its just the way this site is... I am sure the mods have something to do with this - but this site is nice and I know I dont have to worry about anyone being beligerant, hurtful, or caddy.

If I ever feel too surpressed, I will just leave...because for some... the way it is...is working.

I sincerely hope ya'll can find a resolution.

Edited by missingsomething

Connie, I notice here when you asked to remove a thread, the mods do not remove threads.

Being on larger forums, if I am the OP, I have the right to remove the thread at my own discretion.

:confused: Not sure what your getting at. I've never asked to have a thread removed. I was just quoting something from the terms and conditions that i found interesting.

:confused: Not sure what your getting at. I've never asked to have a thread removed. I was just quoting something from the terms and conditions that i found interesting.

I think Hemi was using "you" ambiguously. As in, "If Joe Schmoe asks to have a thread that he started to be removed, it doesn't happen." He's partly right. I'm guessing he's speaking from personal experience, but I have seen threads on here removed at the request of the OP.

I think Hemi was using "you" ambiguously. As in, "If Joe Schmoe asks to have a thread that he started to be removed, it doesn't happen." He's partly right. I'm guessing he's speaking from personal experience, but I have seen threads on here removed at the request of the OP.

Alrighty then, gotcha. Still confused as to why he felt he needed to use my name, almost as if he was addressing me. :mellow:

Adding further clarity here: yours was the last post. 2] your own cut-n-paste of this statement

"LDS.NET reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the LDS.NET Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability."

It is to answer the unclear move in not allowing OP from not deleting a message.

Okay guys, let's move on. As has been stated before, if you have a problem with the way this site is run or moderated, PM a moderator or Heather who is the administrator of the site for the More Good Foundation. We as mods rarely take action without consulting other mods unless the situation demands immediate action.

If a kid plays in a sandbox and hits and other child with the spade the spade is taken away from the kid. My best friend hit me with a spade and I still carry the arr on my left eybrow, that is why I cant nip them...

We dont have spades here, but we got words and believe me, they hurt even worse than a spade and leave arrs, that can last longer, than an arr from a spade. After all we will be perfect when we are resaurected.

So kids keep showeling the sand! No trowing of sand or hitting each other, especially not the ones watchig for you, their refleses are pretty fast and determined. You know the spade will be removed, if you wave it too much in the air. Sitting on a bench is not fun. We are here for fun all of us.

Remember your brothers or siters head is not the bucket you are making sandcakes with or the sandcake. If you dont like rules in our sandbox, try another one.

How ever it is true that sometimes, even those that watch for you do make wrong assumptions, we are not yet gods only unripe fruits or seeds. We are doing the best we can with the knowledge we have, be patient with us. Forgive us our mistkes.

Unfortunately sometimes corners of the sandbox is tryed to be concured by trantumous kids, who really need to go someplace else.

On this sandbox we are good to eachother and to the modsquard!!

The modsquard here is doing a very good job... mostly while I am sleeping :P Continious dansiong on the line is rewarded after a while. We dont always agree, but we agree on keeping the LDS.net a good and safe place for everyone who comes there with good intentions.

IMHO.

Saluts and good night ... BE GOOD! from Maya the great!

People need to quit acting like babies and deal with the fact that the moderators can delete, alter, or discipline a member for their threads.

I've been disciplined before, big deal. I typed something I know I shouldn't have.

It's the just internet, are you going to lose sleep because someone took down a post they thought violated the terms of use? If so, then you have a bigger problem than a moderator's discretion.

I don't always get along with the mods, but I appreciate what they do. They are doing the best they can, so if you have a problem then do the best YOU can to resolve it privately, and without cattiness. If that doesn't work out, leave.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN JUST GIIIIIIITTT OUT!

Fin.

Another forum of similar size where I serve as an Administrator requires everyone to register with their first and last name along with some other criteria that verifies who they are. Although some are permitted to use a first and last pen name after they register, for the most part everyone there uses their real name and real location.

The result? The overall respect for each other is one of the highest on the internet!

It should come as no surprise that some forum members on some internet sites who use User Names other than their real names - may be tempted to post disruptive comments they would not otherwise say within the confines of a live person-to-person discussion. But so is the world of the internet which permits people to act out at the expense of others.

Although the other forum I mention is not the most popular in terms of 500,000 members, the sustaining members of that forum (with over 40,000 members) truly enjoy the safe-harbor from the other side of the internet where anything goes.

As for Moderators, some sites invest months of training Moderators in the proper management of forum members, while some sites simply appoint their favorite friend who has no clue. I am sure Heather and her group appoint their Moderators with great care, and perhaps after seeing a track record of sorts. And I suspect their is a private forum where the Moderators meet to interact over the challenges they face here. (We call ours the Moderators Clubhouse)

From what I have seen since yesterday (when I joined this forum), I have been impressed. And if someone agrees to the Forum Rules, in a sense they choose to sustain the board leadership - very much what we do when sustaining our church leaders.

And if a critique is needed, I am sure it is first considered in private when it can be. But in D&C, we are also asked to make public corrections if the error has offended among many (as in public). If required, we do it with tears and not glee.

My very best,

Michael

http://www.lds.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=77

Guest Godless

For those that may be skeptical, I can assure you that I've seen far stricter sites than this one. There's one site (which shall remain nameless) that I tried to register on a while back. This site caters mainly to hardcore fundamentalist Christians. I figured that it would be a good opportunity for me to mingle with some people who think VERY differently from me. Unfortunately, I had the absence of mind to register under a SN that I use on other religious sites, as a known atheist. Not only was my registration denied, but my IP was banned, so now I can't even view the site as a guest! I think the mods here do a great job. I never thought that I would be so warmly welcomed here as I have been. Keep up the great work!

I would like to add one thing. If you pm two mods about action taken against you and both mods give you the same answer...perhaps it's time to accept it. Just because you don't agree with the answers does not mean that moderators are ignoring you. This has happened in more than one case. We discuss amongst ourselves before issuing infractions. When at least 2 or more mods agree then the action is taken.

Edited by pam

If you feel that you might be at risk for some moderator action, take a break from posting. ;)

Ideas for staying out of trouble here.

Take a break and eat some icecream.

Go for a walk.

Iron a Shirt.

Phone a Friend.

Get a manicure.

Use some mouth wash to change the taste in your mouth.

Clean out a closet and on and on...

You can rant and rave all you want just so that you don't post it HERE.:D