All Dogs Go To Heaven

Churchmouse

The farm down the road from us had a beagle. Everyday he would make his rounds to all the farms. He would come up to you for a pat on the head. He would then make he way back home. He had a friend which was the family cat. One day he didn't show up so I drove down the raod. He was sitting in the middle of the road by his friend which had been killed by a car.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there will be no dogs in heaven.

Moroni 10

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

Sorry, couldn't resist for this thread!

Moroni 10

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

So why is there no groan button?

I have Lowchen and one moldy oldy Italian Greyhound. (moldy odly being interpreted as older than dirt!) My dogs are the love of my life. Hell for me would be some place where they couldn't go ... so I wouldn't go there either.

I wouldn't have minded a lab, or even a pit bull, some of the nicest dogs I've encountered have been pit bulls. Sadly I seem to have developed an allergy to dogs, I could visit a house with one for a few hours, or say hi to one on the street, but alas having one in the same domicile as myself is a no go.

Its kinda strange to, dogs give me issues even if short hair, but it seems only longer haired cats give me issue, and then only when I pet them (in the same house is just fine).:huh:

I used to breed Labs (Yellow and Black). At the moment I have three Yellow Labs. The best dog that owned me was a blond Cocker Spaniel; she was the BEST!!! I have had a Keeshond (beautiful), a Lhasa Apso, a German Shepherd, a Shih Tzu...and quite a few rescued mutts.

And when I think of Heaven, it most assuredly does include animals!

I wouldn't have minded a lab, or even a pit bull, some of the nicest dogs I've encountered have been pit bulls. Sadly I seem to have developed an allergy to dogs, I could visit a house with one for a few hours, or say hi to one on the street, but alas having one in the same domicile as myself is a no go.

Its kinda strange to, dogs give me issues even if short hair, but it seems only longer haired cats give me issue, and then only when I pet them (in the same house is just fine).:huh:

Go for a breed with a hair coat as opposed to a fur coat. OK stop laughing ... although the picture that came to mind as I wrote this was pretty comical. Labs, pit bulls etc have a fur type coat. Poodles, lowchen, shih tzu have a hair coat which is just like human hair. They shed the same as we do and do not have the same type of dander a fur coated dog would have. People with allergies can usually live with a hair coat.

Go for a breed with a hair coat as opposed to a fur coat. OK stop laughing ... although the picture that came to mind as I wrote this was pretty comical. Labs, pit bulls etc have a fur type coat. Poodles, lowchen, shih tzu have a hair coat which is just like human hair. They shed the same as we do and do not have the same type of dander a fur coated dog would have. People with allergies can usually live with a hair coat.

Posted Image

Maybe a labradoodle would be a compromise?

-Charley

I just looked at a least of supposed hypo-allergenic dogs and didn't like what I saw except for a basenji, that looks like a dog as opposed to a furry toy. Only problem is I'm more of a get a dog from a friend or a pound type person and not that excited about pure breeds, they all seem to have endemic health issues with their breeds (kinda like European Royalty ;) ) and they cost money. And then what happens when you shell out several hundred for a pooch and find out you are allergic to it anyway. I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to give a dog a test run, pit bulls definitely failed (stayed with my sister who had two, had to go home early as after a couple days as I was having trouble breathing).

P.S. I knew somebody in Spokane who had some golden doodle puppies (they bred them), they was cute little buggers, but puppies are like kittens (or babies), they have an inherent cuteness going for them.

Wouldn't they get sunburn?

Edit: I realize that probably sounds silly, but I know that cats for instance will get sunburn if you shave them and pit bulls, I seem to recall somebody warning me once they can get sunburned as well.

Edited by Dravin

Yes they would get sunburned, you have to put sunscreen on them, as well as lotion them up sometimes.

But I am getting away from why I am posting. We have two wonderful Weimaraners, ok they can be brats sometimes but they are still wonderful. Since we have no children currently they are our furkids, I would be very sad if there were no dogs in heaven.

Moroni 10

Do you know what it feels like to have a tiger's blood frazil go through your nose? It's not a very nice feeling.

I'm a cat person, but I want an English Mastiff.

You could always get my favourite breed of hypoallergenic dog: The Xolo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know what you're thinking: 'Those are the ugliest dogs I've ever seen'.

Everyone thinks that. But they'll grow on you and soon you'll be thinking, 'Aww! I really want a Xolo'.

Ugly dogs are like ugly kids. They're cute to those that love them.

You named him after Porter Rockwell. Are you sure he's not a Pit Bull:)

That is a Rottweiler, with two German Shepherds in the back ground and along the far wall it looks like a very dark Golden Retriever. However I do wonder about what kind of class is going on for those dogs, the Rottie looks like he is going to take a chunk out of that man's face and the Shepherds look like they want to feed on the remainders. especially with those glowy eyes.