When can we say that we’ve had enough?

MarginOfError

Anyone else get the feeling that Moe was dying from the lack of controversy on the boards and had to drum it up himself? WTG Moe!

Bytor, instead of starting new threads, if you'd just respond to others with "I think Obama would agree with what you said in your last post, SO, I disagree," it could have saved us all a lot of energy in sorting through these TWO threads about you that are littering up the place!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lalaonegin

That’s just the thing, though, is I very rarely ready anything posted by bytor. I wouldn’t mind if he posted one or two a week. But 1.3 every day just seems to create a lot of litter on the boards.

Two things here, I find your smug arrogance at anything posted that doesn't agree with your POV, and goose step's right a long with your limited life experience to be laughable.

Additionally, this is a chat format. All folks are allowed to chat here, share their views and within the limits of good taste, do it free of snotty little comments like yours and your fellow "I live the September Six, more than President Monson Crowd"

Grow up and get some real world experience, maybe then we wouldn't have to read your posts with an air sickness bag.

Bytor? I'm sorry this drummed up so much controversy. I should have privately sent you a message.

I just worry that with so much of it, it's going to chase people asking questions about the gospel away!

Wing and Moe raise a good point that the board has become increasingly hostile to the more liberal crowd. And that's saying something considering that most liberals in the church are used to some hostility. ;)

Again, I'm sorry it has blown up like this.

Guest lalaonegin

(FYI, Nauvoo.com doesn't allow political threads, neither does MADB.)

I thought there are/were certain tax liability issues that precluded the discussion of political views, events and activities on the forum?

Does anyone have any insight?

THX

Bytor? I'm sorry this drummed up so much controversy. I should have privately sent you a message.

I just worry that with so much of it, it's going to chase people asking questions about the gospel away!

Wing and Moe raise a good point that the board has become increasingly hostile to the more liberal crowd. And that's saying something considering that most liberals in the church are used to some hostility. ;)

especially as in my country even right wing poltcians make Obama look positively fascist:o

Not hearing the BNP calling for the demise of the welfare state

-Charley

It's not only inaccurate....it's rude. If I said that your posts were nothing more than condescending arrogance and were just arrogant dribble from one trying to prove to himself how smart he thinks he is....that might be inaccurate, but it would definitely be rude.

I don't think he's criticizing your posts as in the original content that comes from bytor so much as your habit of posting multiple articles at once with nothing more than snippets and links. Calling the posts "garbage" or "clutter" I don't believe is meant to insult you personally but point to the fact that your posting habits are getting dangerously close to spam.

I've been on other forums that have rules against simply posting a link and/or snippet with nothing to contribute because people go to forums to discuss, not plug in to a news feed, that's what news sites are for. I don't suggest we implement something like that here, but I would kindly suggest that we would have better discussions if you limit your news article posting to once per day, or better yet explain why you find a particular article interesting enough to read and discuss.

Bytor uses this forum to post crap about Obama. There's nothing wrong with that. Your recourse is to ignore him, not gripe about him.

It's kind of the foundational understanding of freedom of speech - unless someone is forcing you against your will to watch or listen, then go away and stop complaining.

It's kind of a foundational understanding of ownership rights - if the owners of this forum are happy having political threads, then you'll have political threads. Your recourse is to go find some other forum, or go start your own. (FYI, Nauvoo.com doesn't allow political threads, neither does MADB.)

MOE, you really got no leg to stand on here.

You err in thinking that I don’t like political themed threads. I love them. I would love to have more high quality political threads going on here. But the high quality political threads are becoming fewer and farther between, and that is what concerns me.

It's not only inaccurate....it's rude. If I said that your posts were nothing more than condescending arrogance and were just arrogant dribble from one trying to prove to himself how smart he thinks he is....that might be inaccurate, but it would definitely be rude.

Thanks for at least acknowledging that I chose to substitute a different word. In all that “trying to prove to myself how smart I was” I told you that you were right and offered to use the less emotionally provoking word ‘clutter.’ But I guess acknowledging that doesn’t really help your case right now, does it?

Yeah, I'm sorry too. It certainly was not my intention to offend anyone on this site. Recently, I was thinking that I post too much on the current events forum and not nearly as much on the Gospel forum anymore and how much contention I personally feel hashing politics.

My job has emotionally drained me for the past 9 months and the economy has been a very sore spot for me.

Yeah, I'm sorry too. It certainly was not my intention to offend anyone on this site. Recently, I was thinking that I post too much on the current events forum and not nearly as much on the Gospel forum anymore and how much contention I personally feel hashing politics.

My job has emotionally drained me for the past 9 months and the economy has been a very sore spot for me.

See, and that’s what I’ve thought for a while now. I used to love reading your stuff in the Gospel forums. I was shocked after the election because the political fervor and intensity was so unlike you.

And just so we’re clear, when I say “used to love reading your stuff” I mean that I don’t see much of it anymore. If that were to increase, I am confident I would continue to love the reading the things you have to say about the Gospel.

Thanks for at least acknowledging that I chose to substitute a different word. In all that “trying to prove to myself how smart I was” I told you that you were right and offered to use the less emotionally provoking word ‘clutter.’ But I guess acknowledging that doesn’t really help your case right now, does it?

That's like saying, "your not dumb, just less educated". Less emotionally evoking, might have been a recant of your words and maybe a concession that singling out another member for the topic of a negative thread was inappropriate.

See, and that’s what I’ve thought for a while now. I used to love reading your stuff in the Gospel forums. I was shocked after the election because the political fervor and intensity was so unlike you.

And just so we’re clear, when I say “used to love reading your stuff” I mean that I don’t see much of it anymore. If that were to increase, I am confident I would continue to love the reading the things you have to say about the Gospel.

Fair enough. As I say to my wife after we have been fussing......peace???:)

Guest lalaonegin

Bytor, I appreciate the spirit in which you post this. I want you to know, that in my book you have NOTHING to apologize for.

As Latter Day Saints, we have agency. You have the agency to post, I have the agency to read or not to read, all have the agency to respond.

Since my limited time on the site, I've found many posts and threads to be nothing but festering cesspools. Do I respond to each and every post that chaps me; NO.

What I do tire of are youngsters with little more than a college degree, sitting on here pontificating to a great many, who's life experiences far outweighs theirs.

Of course, those with their degrees but little to no life experience, I would expect them to defend and protect the current occupant in the White House. They have alot in common:

College Degrees but little life experience.

Alas, though the difference is stark: Those on this thread with the degrees but little to no life experience haven't been elected to be the Commander in Chief of the greatest country on the earth.

bytor, I really enjoy about 7 out of 10 of your posts...the three I don't, well oh well.

Keep up the good work, and know like some TV preacher or something like that once said..."Tough times never last...Tough people do":animatedthumbsup:

Edited by lalaonegin
not enough Rockstar this AM <vbg>

Bytor and MOE, are you two going to hug now? Cause I just can't take any more love-y dove-y stuff. I'm already in tears from all the peace and love. :P

Actually, thanks for being so good about expressing your thoughts and not taking/giving offense. This has been an enjoyable thread to read.

Let's all go sing Cumbaya now.....

What I do tire of are youngsters with little more than a college degree, sitting on here pontificating to a great many, who's life experiences far outweighs theirs.

That's quite an assumption to make, both assuming that a glimpse at someone's age determines what you know about their life experience AND the assumption that somehow anyone that qualifies as a "youngster" in your book is automatically an Obama supporter (and on top of that - that they only agree with him BECAUSE they don't know any better).

Moe beats the pants off you and most others I've read on here and I usually don't even agree with his political views. You'd do well to know what you're talking about before you post.

But what do I know... I'm just a youngster too (not an Obama supporter BTW).

Edited by Honor

Shoot! I’ve got my peace pipe with me but I’m fresh out of tobacco! Do you have any on you? Can we just pretend to smoke it and call it good?

(My MOE – English dictionary says that means, “peace, brother!”)

Guest lalaonegin

Shoot! I’ve got my peace pipe with me but I’m fresh out of tobacco! Do you have any on you? Can we just pretend to smoke it and call it good?

Y'all would enjoy some Kush in that pipe. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My teepee is full of imaginary smoke.......:hippie:

At what age are they no longer youngsters? 24?

Bytor, I appreciate the spirit in which you post this. I want you to know, that in my book you have NOTHING to apologize for.

As Latter Day Saints, we have agency. You have the agency to post, I have the agency to read or not to read, all have the agency to respond.

Since my limited time on the site, I've found many posts and threads to be nothing but festering cesspools. Do I respond to each and every post that chaps me; NO.

Of course, those with their degrees but little to no life experience, I would expect them to defend and protect the current occupant in the White House. They have alot in common:

College Degrees but little life experience.

Alas, though the difference is stark: Those on this thread with the degrees but little to no life experience haven't been elected to be the Commander in Chief of the greatest country on the earth.

bytor, I really enjoy about 7 out of 10 of your posts...the three I don't, well oh well.

Keep up the good work, and know like some TV preacher or something like that once said..."Tough times never last...Tough people do":animatedthumbsup:

Says the 24-year-old.

Hmmm so I've got another year before I'm not a youngster, my question is will I then be allowed to sit and pontificate with a great many who's life experiences far outweighs mine? Hmmm I must go and ponder this, I have much life experience to get in this next year after all this not being a youngster buisness is a very serious thing, I'll have to be ready to be able to sit and pontificate (hehehe I have a new favorite word :D) I'll have responsiblities, this is very serious buisness yes very serious.

Edited by ploomf
Among the many experiences I'll try to have this year, learning how to spell will be at the top of the list.

I thought there are/were certain tax liability issues that precluded the discussion of political views, events and activities on the forum?

Does anyone have any insight?

THX

Political discussion is fine. Talking about candidates during a current election is not. That's where the line is drawn to avoid any IRS problems.

I don't know if you remember this but I posted once that I liked you so much better on the gospel threads. That I was seeing a side of you that I wasn't so sure I liked. But I LOVE your insight into gospel subjects and would love to see much more of those.