Question for LDS in the SLC area

Traveler

moisture covers it all. No need to talk about each word. What Utah needs is moisture.

I no ark yet, the skys were clear for a while so I put down the hammer, but it looks like I'll get started again tomorrow.

Have you looked at the forecast? There's more rain tomorrow.

Also how come no one is ever thankful for the rain or the snow - just moisture. ^_^

The Traveler

They never ask for hail, sleet or humidity either. :lol:

Actually, when I first heard a prayer giver ask for moisture, I wondered if they perhaps forgot the word rain. Or perhaps some General Authority forgot the word rain in General Conference and said moisture, then it got picked up on and reused because of its peculiarity. :o

Still seems like asking for moisture has more to do with humidity. Maybe that would cool Utah summers down - sort of like a big swamp cooler.

:)

Northern Davis County has been crazy wet. I was talking to a friend in Provo and they haven't had nearly as much cloud cover and rain as north of SLC.

I'm loving it!!! Just like W. OR where I grew up! My tomatos are wanting the hot weather, but all the rest of the garden is really liking it.

I recall one or two cool storms most Junes over the last 8 years I've been in UT, but this has been something I hardly recall ever happening in the winter, let along June!

It's been awesome. KSL news today showed that the new temple may have been struck by lightning, Moroni has a definite black spot on the trumpet and upper torso. I turned off my sprinklers the other day when I realized it may not stop for a few days. That will help my water bill this month.....

Another plus is...when it pours I get in the mood to clean house. So that's what I've done with my time off work. Well besides being on the computer. But hey, I'm also getting my exercise running back and forth between chores and the computer. See? Another plus.

The only bad part is...with so much rain my lawn really needs mowed but hasn't had time to dry enough to do it.

It's raining here too, and I haven't been able to mow for 3 weeks >< In fact the other day my landlady put a note on my door saying I had to mow or they'd charge me $25 for someone else to do it.....but how can you mow wet grass with a low-powered mower?