My friend...

Guest Utahrulzz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my name is Ryan, and I'm straight. I hope none of you tell my Bishop, but I have a strong attraction to . . . women! :D It's been a problem most of my life, and has caused me temptation. On second thought, perhaps someone should tell my Bishop to make sure he knows I am at risk of sinning (whether or not the teller knows if I have intent to sin). :P

We all (well, most of us anyway) have romantic attractions to other people. The issue is not orientation, but using procreative powers outside of marriage.

Guest Utahrulzz

Hi, my name is Ryan, and I'm straight. I hope none of you tell my Bishop, but I have a strong attraction to . . . women! :D It's been a problem most of my life, and has caused me temptation. On second thought, perhaps someone should tell my Bishop to make sure he knows I am at risk of sinning (whether or not the teller knows if I have intent to sin). :P

We all (well, most of us anyway) have romantic attractions to other people. The issue is not orientation, but using procreative powers outside of marriage.

Interesting response!

So are you saying Homosexuality is ok in States where Gay Marriage is legal?

No, not at all. Not sure how you got that. you need to delinate between Same Sex Attraction, and acting on those attractions.

Wouldn't you say there is a difference between me being attracted to women other than my wife, and my acting on those attractions?

Using procreative powers outside of marriage is wrong, whether straight or not. Marriage in HF's eyes is only between a man and a woman.

even if your friend is gay there is nothing to tell the bishop. sexual urges are not wrong, they are not sinful and do not need to be confessed nor have anyone else "telling" for you. if he is acting on these urges it is his responsibility to confess to the bishop just as it would be if he were acting on urges toward a female. the only time you should be telling the bishop about someone else is when their behavior is putting others at risk.... for example if you have very strong reason to believe he is experimenting sexually with a child.

as for the gay marriage being legal it will never have any baring on the church stance. gay couples who are sexually active, married or not, will not be allowed to progress in the gospel. homosexual sex is against the law of chastity regardless of the laws of the land.

Guest Utahrulzz

Thanks for the responses everyone.

As for homosexuality not having any baring on church, my Bishop said told us in Priesthood meeting that if gay marriage becomes legal throughout the nation, it will only be a matter of time before the church is forced to allow it in our holy temples! That's why it was so important to stop it in California first!

the law can not force the church to let ppl into the temples. one of my questions was if it became legal and the law of chastity is worded such that sexual relations only with someone you are legally married does that mean gay couples that are married would be allowed to be baptized? i had no doubt that they would not be allowed to progress beyond that but would they be technically keeping the law of chastity.

i asked my stake pres about it, who is a lawyer, and he said that he actually called church headquarters about that very question. the church has very clearly defined that marriage is between a man and a woman. the church has clearly defined that homosexual relations is a sin. those two facts will always remain as part of the law of chastity, the law of the land will not over ride the laws of god.

my personal understanding as to why it is so important that we do our best to keep it from becoming law is the consequences on the land as a whole. when we are keeping the laws of god we are blessed, when we aren't we won't have those blessings. if it is made legal then we are walking further and further away from god as a society and the land will be cursed. sometimes the righteous are hurt along with the wicked in such circumstances. we must each do our part to protect this land.

Guest Utahrulzz

Gwen, I appreciate your response. The way I've heard it, the church won't be allowed to discriminate. If gay marriage is legal nationwide and the church doesn't allow otherwise worthy couples to marry, it could open a dangerous can of worms. That's why it's so imortant we all do our part! Right On Gwen!

i couldn't go to a catholic church and get married... as i understand it they have rules as to who their priests will marry. i'm not catholic and i won't promise to raise my kids catholic. i can attend their church services all i want, i'm sure no one will ask me to leave if i'm being respectful. but i will have to go somewhere else to be married. our church is the same. if you want to be married in the temple you have to meet certain requirements. anyone can attend church as long as they are respectful. those that wish to be married but do not meet the temple requirements can be married by the bishop. i know of a young couple that was expecting, they wanted to get married, neither went to a church, they didn't have large sums of money to pay a preacher but they did want a nice wedding. they were very close to our family so the bishop did the wedding for them. it was not at the church, they rented an alternate location. it was not a long or overly dramatic service. the bishop did the service and then left, he didn't stay for the festivities or anything.

in my mind other than losing blessings as i've already mentioned the wost thing that could happen if gay marriage were legal is that the church would stop doing "marriages". it would work like it already works in some countries, the couple would get the papers signed at the courthouse and as soon as the marriage is "legal" they can go to the temple and be sealed. though i value the experiance i had in being able to let my sealing and marriage happen hand in hand having to get married first would not be the end of the world. i'm still not sure i can see how the law of the land can say the church is required to let this person or that into the temple.

I think my friend Thomas may be gay. Should I tell his Bishop?

How do you know he is go lucky happy individual? :lol: Sorry! This word has been abuse by the Homosexuals Organization for quite sometime in hiding another term as stated [Homosexuals]. Sad to note though…

Again, how do you know if he is a practicing homosexual? I am not talking about abstinent [thoughts tendencies].

the law can not force the church to let ppl into the temples. one of my questions was if it became legal and the law of chastity is worded such that sexual relations only with someone you are legally married does that mean gay couples that are married would be allowed to be baptized? i had no doubt that they would not be allowed to progress beyond that but would they be technically keeping the law of chastity.

i asked my stake pres about it, who is a lawyer, and he said that he actually called church headquarters about that very question. the church has very clearly defined that marriage is between a man and a woman. the church has clearly defined that homosexual relations is a sin. those two facts will always remain as part of the law of chastity, the law of the land will not over ride the laws of god.

my personal understanding as to why it is so important that we do our best to keep it from becoming law is the consequences on the land as a whole. when we are keeping the laws of god we are blessed, when we aren't we won't have those blessings. if it is made legal then we are walking further and further away from god as a society and the land will be cursed. sometimes the righteous are hurt along with the wicked in such circumstances. we must each do our part to protect this land.

Eternal laws never changes for this world or any world in our local universe.

Even if it became a law, I am sure it will, the church will still prevent it from happening.

Guest Utahrulzz

I don't have any proof yet, otherwise I would call his Bishop. He talks about men a lot though in weird ways. He also talks about older women too which I find wrong. He has some issues and I'd like to help.

Then leave it at that...if there is doubt here, it is better to rely on the Spirit for further confirmation then to bring to this suspicion to a Bishop, which could or may embarrassed this individual and prevent him from attending church. Now, if you do have hard evidence of him practicing any form of homosexuality or fornication [sexual acts], then bring it to the Bishop’s attention.

The best part for you right now, is to be there for him in helping to correct or set an example that he may follow. Through example, he can seek repentance over his uncontrolled thoughts and live a Christ emulated life style.

The church will never be forced to allow gay marriage in the temples. We might loose some our tax exemptions, but those aren't by any means a right. I mean, can you see the prophet saying 'ok, if the government says we have to, I guess we'll perform gay marriages...'

As far as your friend goes, maybe he is gay, so what, who cares, none of your business.

I had a friend in high school who had a lisp, was very feminine, into his looks, a lot of things that most people would peg as gay when combined. Well, in his soft lisping voice, waiving his hands around and being a bit of a drama queen he would say 'Hello! I'm not gay! I totally love the ladies! It's like you don't even know!' So, be careful of who you judge:P

Edited by Alana

Expectation for our nation in the near foreseeable future is the general public acceptance of this life style. As you stated, the church may have to change its tax status but I do see another push after this event with seeking a closure of all temples. Call it extremism but the pattern never ceases from the past. Leading back to the old story of the ‘Frog in a warming pot’, as there ultimate quest to rid the church all together or opposing the Savior’s kingdom.

I don't have any proof yet, otherwise I would call his Bishop. He talks about men a lot though in weird ways. He also talks about older women too which I find wrong. He has some issues and I'd like to help.

I married an older woman, does that make me gay? I also believe in loving my neighbor, I even helped one man erect walls for his garage the other day. Is that a sign of gayness? The advice stands: unless he confides something to you, there is nothing to say to anyone.

Guest Utahrulzz

I married an older woman, does that make me gay? I also believe in loving my neighbor, I even helped one man erect walls for his garage the other day. Is that a sign of gayness? The advice stands: unless he confides something to you, there is nothing to say to anyone.

I don't know, does it? :D