Why am i a liberal l.d.s?

jadams_4040

Another thought... do you suppose that we, the taxpayer, paid for Michelle Obama's $500. pair of tennis shoes (which she wore to a charity event!)? Perhaps she wore our tax dollars on her ears (re $10,000 earrings)? How much of our tax dollars pay for their luxury vacations?

What irks me more than anything is, as a Christian, I am required to fund abortion worldwide as part of the U.N. agenda for population control.

BTW, according to Glenn Beck...don't enter the Cash For Clunkers site. Otherwise, the government will own your computer.

Tax his house and tax his street...tax his shoes right off his feet!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with the democratic party is that it isn't what it used to be. Vice president H.H. Humphrey was well known as a liberal Democrat. However, he strongly believed that money should be used cautiously and carefully, that it was sacred.

Today's Democrats, as well as many Republicans, are only interested in getting reelected. I have no problem with a national health care program, but the one being introduced by the Democrats is so filled with sludge that it is no more stimulating than the stimulus package has been. Sam Nunn was a wonderful Democrat, who after leaving office, sadly noted that the Democratic party had left him. Ronald Reagan experienced the same thing, when the Democrats began embracing communist ideologies, rather than stand on the principles given them by Truman or JFK.

Thomas Jefferson would not recognize his party anymore. Nor would he claim it.

That's not my point. If you are going to post a link to a site as a great resource of what Prophets have said..don't also have it linking to sites that have an agenda. The links on that site had nothing to do with what was the original link was about. The original link was a book that was copyrighted in 1964.

The link at the bottom shows an agenda..which is misleading. It's asking for support.

How old is the Holy Bible, Pam? The Book of Mormon? God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. :)

My problem with the democratic party is that it isn't what it used to be. Vice president H.H. Humphrey was well known as a liberal Democrat. However, he strongly believed that money should be used cautiously and carefully, that it was sacred.

Today's Democrats, as well as many Republicans, are only interested in getting reelected. I have no problem with a national health care program, but the one being introduced by the Democrats is so filled with sludge that it is no more stimulating than the stimulus package has been. Sam Nunn was a wonderful Democrat, who after leaving office, sadly noted that the Democratic party had left him. Ronald Reagan experienced the same thing, when the Democrats began embracing communist ideologies, rather than stand on the principles given them by Truman or JFK.

Thomas Jefferson would not recognize his party anymore. Nor would he claim it.

I totally disagree. The Democratic party has been accused of being communist since communism was invented lol. It wasn't true then, it isn't true now. My question is: Would Abe Lincoln recognize his party in the Republican party of today?

I totally disagree. The Democratic party has been accused of being communist since communism was invented lol. It wasn't true then, it isn't true now. My question is: Would Abe Lincoln recognize his party in the Republican party of today?

President John F. Kennedy would take exception to your comment. ;)

No. But it does not follow that Lincoln would ally himself with the Democrats, any more than it follows that Jefferson would ally with the Republicans).

Neither of these guys had any compunctions about being involved with the formation of a new political party.

No. But it does not follow that Lincoln would ally himself with the Democrats, any more than it follows that Jefferson would ally with the Republicans).

Neither of these guys had any compunctions about being involved with the formation of a new political party.

Just_a_guy? I'm going to agree with Tali on this point. Not that Lincoln would ally with any modern party, but that the Democratic party is unfairly demonized.

As someone who is outside the political system, I always try to defend the underdog. On here, that happens to be the Democrats.

I can't tell you how crazy some members are about the Democrats. I'm talking tinfoil hat wearing, twelve monkeys reading, two scoops of nuts crazy.

I can't tell you how crazy some members are about the Democrats. I'm talking tinfoil hat wearing, twelve monkeys reading, two scoops of nuts crazy.

Must be Canadians or people with 'ari' in their name. The HP group leader of my ward is a democrat, hosts the neighborhood meetings in his home. He's not crazy, just misguided.

I like that description......but religious people tend to be conservative and this is a religious forum. Outside of here.....the Dems who hate Republican's could aptly be described in the same manner.

I like that description......but religious people tend to be conservative and this is a religious forum. Outside of here.....the Dems who hate Republican's could aptly be described in the same manner.

You know I don't describe you in that category, Bytor. ;) Disagreeing with someone is not the same as thinking someone is the Antichrist because their last name is Obama, or comparing someone to a genocidal maniac because they might raise taxes.