Favorite Christmas Movie

Carl62

Pam, you're not going to like me today... I really really really love the movie Love, Actually - it is Rated-R though, so don't watch it unless you can get the edited version.

What I like about it - it shows all forms of love - brother/sister, husband/wife, workmates, best friends, kid crush, stepfather and son, a celebrity and his agent, a couple with language barrier, even the Prime Minister and what they have done to rise above the challenges - all set at Christmas time.

Edited by anatess

Now why wouldn't I like you today? I certainly wouldn't stop liking someone because of their choice of a movie. Do you honestly think I've never seen an R rated movie? lol

Toss up between It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story and A Christmas Carol (the one with Patrick Stewart is my favorite of these although the Gerorge C. Scott version was very good too).

But when you get down to it, nothing says Christmas like a triple dog dare that ends in a tongue stuck to the flag poll, the Bumpkiss' dogs eating the Christmas Dinner so that a Chinese Restaurant becomes the next logical setting, a burlesque leg lamp from the American Legion Post and a Red Ryder BB gun.

You know..I have never seen that movie. How sad is that?

I am shocked. I thought everyone had seen it.

I highly recommend that this year you take the time to see it. It is my all time favorite movie. It always makes me thankful for my life while at the same time pushes me to do better.

:)

Toss up between It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story and A Christmas Carol (the one with Patrick Stewart is my favorite of these although the Gerorge C. Scott version was very good too).

But when you get down to it, nothing says Christmas like a triple dog dare that ends in a tongue stuck to the flag poll, the Bumpkiss' dogs eating the Christmas Dinner so that a Chinese Restaurant becomes the next logical setting, a burlesque leg lamp from the American Legion Post and a Red Ryder BB gun.

I love A Christmas Story, that would be my second favorite.

:)

Oh gosh, there are so many classic Christmas movies I've never seen:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

A Christmas Story

Miracle on 34th Street

The Bells of St. Mary's

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Frosty the Snowman

Oh, but I need to change my "modern" favorite Christmas film from "Elf" to "Muppet Christmas Carol"! That movie is hillarious, and I LOVE the sound track!

Die Hard! Yeah, I loved that one too. The first one and only the first one. Okay, maybe the last one too. All because I'm such a big mac fan and I enjoyed Justin Long on something more than his 30 second commercials...

I didn't see a most hated Christmas Movie thread... and I have to say it is this newest A Christmas Carol that tops my list of my most hated movies! HATED THAT MOVIE! We were so excited to see it too! My entire family - including sister's family and my mother went to see it on IMAX 3D. We had kids from 3 years to 11 years old with us too.

IT WAS NOT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE - IT WAS A HALLOWEEN MOVIE! I was so scared it gave me nightmares! The little kids were crying. I usually don't use the word hate (too strong) but this time, I'm using it. I hate that movie.

Gosh. I don't think I really have a favourite Christmas movie. I need to get one! Hrm.. But I guess if I had to make a choice I'd go with, A Christmas Carol, with George C. Scott because that's the one movie I recall watching almost every Holiday season while growing up.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas -- the Chuck Jones animation, not the loathsome live-action abomination of a few years ago. This is the definitive Christmas TV special. Nothing else even comes close. (Well, okay, maybe a really good A Christmas Carol comes close. That would not include the Mr. Magoo version.)