Welcome back everyone

pam

That's what it was. I know it was something to do with memory. But whatever they were doing killed the server.

... and this server is in a datacentre? :o wow. Any web hosts here would be hung, drawn and quartered if they let a website stay offline for that long :P

Glad we got it back though - giving up cold turkey is not good :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's why you need to use facebook.. Lots of us kept in touch even with the site down.

Unless you work for an evil corporation that blocks FB and I can't access it unless I'm home....

With .net down I actually had to work during the day! I got so much done that my supervisor asked me if I had an extra dose of Mountain Dew.

Well keep in mind..this is a not for profit foundation. Not a business that would have money and resources for that sort of thing.

Lol, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame anyone at the moregoodfoundation here. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment that datacentres normally have redundancy of some kind for all websites as a given, regardless of which hosting package they have. We do have a webhost in the UK called fasthosts which made the same mistake... I don't think they'll ever get rid of their negative image online now. Click here to understand what I mean.

Guest mirancs8

Seriously! I even emailed them cause I was like OK a few hours but this is to much for one person to take LOL! I was starting to talk to my computer... "come on you can do it" LOL! Wow! Plus at work the evil people block facebook so typing things out on my blackberry is just to much (plus it's limited). Any who I'm just glad to see it back. I was checking like every 30 minutes! You would think I had some sick addiction or something LOL!

Edited by mirancs8
add

Seriously! I even emailed them cause I was like OK a few hours but this is to much for one person to take LOL! I was starting to talk to my computer... "come on you can do it" LOL! Wow! Plus at work the evil people block facebook so typing things out on my blackberry is just to much (plus it's limited). Any who I'm just glad to see it back. I was checking like every 30 minutes! You would think I had some sick addiction or something LOL!

Man you are in trouble. If after 10 posts you felt the need to email them, I'd hate to see what kind of withdrawals you have after a couple thousand posts under your belt.

Guest mirancs8

That's what was so bad about it PAM LOL! I mean really I've never gotten that way over a forum going down. I think because this forum feels more cozy? Plus my job isn't that exciting and business is slow so I have to kill time LOL!

that's why you need to use facebook.. Lots of us kept in touch even with the site down.

I use Facebook, but I don't have any .netters on my friends list.

Unless you work for an evil corporation that blocks FB and I can't access it unless I'm home....

With .net down I actually had to work during the day! I got so much done that my supervisor asked me if I had an extra dose of Mountain Dew.

While we were shut down, a friend sent me something that I had to share with you, beefche. Is your monitor clean?