Bad Joke?

Landy77

I think I went a bit overboard with my april fools. I was recently baptised a week ago. I called the missionaries on April 1st and told them I got a call frfom the ward. Someone had seen me in a PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) protest and wanted me to go through the process again to make sure I am genuine.

The missionaries couldnt believe it and had never heard of such a thing. I then told them I was joking but they didn't find it amusing till later... Maybe finding it amusing till later they were trying to make me feel good.

Sweet Potatoes it is then!

I like porcini or morel mushrooms sauteed in Marsala wine (for cooking only), asparagus wrapped with Serrano Ham (Proscuitto is almost as good), carmelized onions, and Roquefort cheese with my Antelope steaks. A Sweet Potato would fit in quite nicely indeed.

I think that you pulled their legs good and hard, and they were at first embarrassed. Then they might have thought the joke sacreligious, and finally realized that no, it truly was kinda funny. I'm guilty of dry humor--but in situations like yours, I do as you did--expose the joke immediately. IMHO, you did fine.

I think I went a bit overboard with my april fools. I was recently baptised a week ago. I called the missionaries on April 1st and told them I got a call frfom the ward. Someone had seen me in a PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals) protest and wanted me to go through the process again to make sure I am genuine.

The missionaries couldnt believe it and had never heard of such a thing. I then told them I was joking but they didn't find it amusing till later... Maybe finding it amusing till later they were trying to make me feel good.

I suspect the missionaries hear so many strange stories they become innured to the incredible. Other people's traditions often do seem bizarre when you're not used to them.

LoL ya probably.. nothing to be worried about, most jokes are terrible anyways ^.^

One of the worst April Fools jokes I ever thought up I never actually did. It was during the time that my husband was fighting cancer. At the time he had just gotten out of the hospital from having a Bone Marrow Transplant, he was at the time (I think) going through radiation, though he was getting better he was not out of the death radar yet.

When April Fools day arrived that year I got a terrible but wonderfully wicked thought for an April Fools joke. The joke would have happened like this:

I planned to e-mail everyone, all my friends, all my family and say, “I just don’t know how to say this, today (my husband) died from cancer. This has been such a terrible blow. I just don’t know how to take it all in just yet.” And then way down at the bottom “Haha! Just Kidding! April Fools!”

However, I decided that this would just be too mean of a joke and so I never did it. But it would have been such a great April Fools joke if I had done it.

One of the worst April Fools jokes I ever thought up I never actually did. It was during the time that my husband was fighting cancer. At the time he had just gotten out of the hospital from having a Bone Marrow Transplant, he was at the time (I think) going through radiation, though he was getting better he was not out of the death radar yet.

When April Fools day arrived that year I got a terrible but wonderfully wicked thought for an April Fools joke. The joke would have happened like this:

I planned to e-mail everyone, all my friends, all my family and say, “I just don’t know how to say this, today (my husband) died from cancer. This has been such a terrible blow. I just don’t know how to take it all in just yet.” And then way down at the bottom “Haha! Just Kidding! April Fools!”

However, I decided that this would just be too mean of a joke and so I never did it. But it would have been such a great April Fools joke if I had done it.

ya that one would not be good.

I have some Antelope steaks from a couple Lopes I shot last year...

mighty tasty...

Are you kidding me? I've killed quite a few antelope. I've never had any antelope that I deemed edible, let alone "tasty". It's the only meat I've ever given to the dog, that even the dog won't eat. I've tried aging, smoking, curing, salting, buttermilk....you name it....I've tried all the field dressing tricks like immediately packing in ice.....nothing makes those things anything more than rancid goat meat. I suppose if I was starving to death I could manage to choke some down, but hey, the people on "Alive" ate each other, so I suppose anything's possible.

Somehow I always find somebody that wants the things. Please give me your address, I'll deliver the next one to your door. :D

Are you kidding me? I've killed quite a few antelope. I've never had any antelope that I deemed edible, let alone "tasty". It's the only meat I've ever given to the dog, that even the dog won't eat. I've tried aging, smoking, curing, salting, buttermilk....you name it....I've tried all the field dressing tricks like immediately packing in ice.....nothing makes those things anything more than rancid goat meat. I suppose if I was starving to death I could manage to choke some down, but hey, the people on "Alive" ate each other, so I suppose anything's possible.

Somehow I always find somebody that wants the things. Please give me your address, I'll deliver the next one to your door. :D

I find that Antelope tastes like organ meat; very rich and liver-like. I like liver and kidneys.

My 3rd daughters first solid food was Antelope Jerky; she went though pounds of it, and it made an excellent teething aid.

Roast Antelope leg with porcini mushrooms in a wine-reduction sauce with carrots and parsnips is incredible.

Tenderloin with foie gras in a marsala reduction with morel mushrooms is phenomenal.

I have made hundreds of pounds of dried and fresh sausages with Antelope meat; my favorite being blood sausages.

I guess it just comes down to whether or not you like really really really like 'gamey' meat; I do.

I also like wild rabbit, opossum, squirrel, woodpecker, and other rarely eaten critters.

Last time I went out I got as many goat tags as I could; and between myself and my old Army buddy and his dad and uncle, we took about 2 dozen home.

I especially like Antelope grilled with sage; and the neighborhood stray cats love the bones and spinal cord I leave out for them.

FWIW, I like wild goat too...

If you want to get rid of some speed-goat next season, I'll likely be moving to Salt Lake pretty soon; I'd be happy to take whatever you don't want!

Those all sound like tasty dishes. I would most certainly use some other protein myself though. I'm glad somebody likes the things. To each their own. I'll pass and I'll gladly give away any that I acquire. I would never leave it to waste, so somebody has to take it.....lol. But my waiting period for elk is over and I'm eligible to put in again. That takes me out of antelope business until I draw my next elk tag cause I'm not gonna go shoot does. Too many other priorities.

Oh, and foie gras is awfully hard to come by these days with all the regulation on them, isn't it? It also makes it very expensive.

I suppose we've really hijacked this thread now. Oops.

To the OP. Good joke. I don't think it's anything to worry about. There, back on track.

I've hunted Elk before up North. A pretty expensive hunt. But I think that Elk is the tastiest of all North American Game animals.

Antelope are cheeeeep; even for out-of-staters like myself (I like to hunt around Rawlins WY). I paid $250 for the ram tag and $50 each for the ewe's. While they're pretty small, about 60 pounds boned out, they're pretty useful, IMHO.

I'd like to hunt Bison, but I can't carry that much meat at once (I doubt I'd be able to carry the hide on my back), and I won't have any hunting companions again for a few years, so its Antelope and whitetails for now; I can carry out a full whitetail or several Antelope at once by myself.

I've hunted Elk before up North. A pretty expensive hunt. But I think that Elk is the tastiest of all North American Game animals.

I'm curious, just which ones have you had? Mainly I have moose inmind, I grew up with that stuff (grew up in Alaska), I'm curious if you've had the opportunity to compare.