Things of The Past!

Bini

I remember movies being free at the base in Kodiak, Alaska. Popcorn was .10 a bag

Cinemas were totally different in the old days. You just paid to get in and could watch the movie over and over all day if you wanted to - so it didn't much matter if you missed the start - you could catch it again next time around. (I remember doing that with The Land that Time Forgot!)

Also, you got 2 movies in those days - the A movie and the B movie. And usually a Bugs Bunny or a Daffy Duck too.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voltes V

Star Rangers

Pacman

Galaxian

Remington Steele

Shaolin Temple

KungFu Shoes

Chinese Garter

"Takyan"

Duran Duran

Rick Springfield

Boom Box complete with cassette tape player and manually set equalizer

Tights and Leg warmers tucked into pink Converse high tops

"Big" hair

VHF radio (walkie-talkies - our equivalent to cellphones)

You probably won't recognize these... they were from my Filipino childhood.

Cinemas were totally different in the old days. You just paid to get in and could watch the movie over and over all day if you wanted to - so it didn't much matter if you missed the start - you could catch it again next time around. (I remember doing that with The Land that Time Forgot!)

Also, you got 2 movies in those days - the A movie and the B movie. And usually a Bugs Bunny or a Daffy Duck too.

This is interesting – I remember while serving in the army that many soldiers would go to whatever the base movie was to see a Road Runner cartoon. When the cartoon was over ¼ of the theater would up and leave.

The Traveler

Or matchbox car for .23 cents. A movie for a dime (Air Force Base).

I remember when admission at the Varsity Theater (BYU) was $.10

This also reminded me of drive in theaters. We use to get a paying couple to drive in acting very interested in each other with bodies hiding where-ever a place could be found in the car.

The Traveler

What about actually having to keep your own score when bowling instead of the electronic boards most bowling alleys have?

Or sports events where they had the flip thingys for the scoreboard?

... "Texas has a wh---house in it", ...

Some years ago Mary Kay built an automated factory and warehouse in Texas where I did some consulting. Everything was painted pink. We call the place the best little warehouse in Texas. :lol:

The Traveler

I currently have Tang in our cupboard.

I remember going to the school office to run off copies om the mimeograph...with the drum and the carbon paper and the handle you had to turn cuz it wasn't electric.

And the little white handheld football game with the red dots for players.

A couple of weeks ago, the YM borrowed the old buzzing football game from the bishop and had a play off night. It was loads of fun, but the guys were dumbfounded that people actually liked it before.