The Saddest Song Ever?

TheActualLiz

I don't know about anybody else here but sometimes a good cry to a very sad song can feel cathartic or put other things in life back into perspective. The question is which song is the absolute saddest... the one that is sure to make you cry every time? I know this is very personal and each individual will have different opinions on this so I was curious to know what other people on this forum?

Here are my top 5 in no particular order:

"Precious Things" by Tori Amos

"Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails and covered by Johny Cash

"Families Can Be Togeather Forever" the LDS hymn.

"The Sound of Goodbye" remixed by Armin Van Burren.

"Mockingbird" by Eminem

What are the 5 saddest songs in your minds?

Just because a song can bring me to tears, I wouldn't classify it as a sad song. Perhaps you should be asking what 5 songs are most likely to bring you to tears. Not the saddest song.

I did make the disclaimer that this was a very personal issue in the OP. Each person's life experience will determine how he or she will interpret a given set of lyrics. A song is usually considered "sad" when enough people have had life experiences to interpret the lyrics in a way that makes them sad.

Consider the divorce rate in this country. Consider the alarming statistics on abuse and neglect. Try to guess the number of families that fall within the boundaries of the law but are still dysfunctional or unhappy.

Now imagine you are a 7 year old child, trying to make a decision about baptism. How is that not sad?

This one's about breaking up.

This one's also about breaking up.

This one's about abandoning religion and the negative consequences it has on one's attitude, which thereby affects relationships.

This one's about being afraid you can't open yourself up to the people you trust.

This one is about losing what's dear to you because of sin and feeling like you can never get it back.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

Man, you guys either love the old music or the country music. Not sure if I can handle it. hahaha. To each his own, though.

However, Soulsearcher, that Placebo song was interesting.

yeah that one tends to hit me really hard, heard it today and even though i expected it it really kinda shut me down for a while.

So much hate for the ones we love.....

yeah that one tends to hit me really hard, heard it today and even though i expected it it really kinda shut me down for a while.

Aw, man that stinks.

None of the ones I listed really negatively affect me, I tend to not let my emotions get wrapped up with music; rather I interpret the words from outside observation and draw conclusions. That's probably why I can listen to screaming without getting angry or losing the Spirit, lol.

Aw, man that stinks.

None of the ones I listed really negatively affect me, I tend to not let my emotions get wrapped up with music; rather I interpret the words from outside observation and draw conclusions. That's probably why I can listen to screaming without getting angry or losing the Spirit.

music links memory or strong emotion for me. I haven't really been able to listen to music for the last year, and for someone who lived off their ipod and always had music at home it's an odd change.

LOL sadly it's pretty much all music that gets to me, i cna listen to a song or two at a time these days ,but for the most part it has to be the exact right mood and the exact right time lol. lol i have about 110 gig of music on my hard drive most of it from around last summer and i haven't listened ot more than maybe 10 or 15 songs. lol found one new one but then something happened and it ended up on my bad list lol

YouTube - Glee - Defying Gravity (Full Song by Kurt and Rachel)

LOL sadly it's pretty much all music that gets to me, i cna listen to a song or two at a time these days ,but for the most part it has to be the exact right mood and the exact right time lol. lol i have about 110 gig of music on my hard drive most of it from around last summer and i haven't listened ot more than maybe 10 or 15 songs. lol found one new one but then something happened and it ended up on my bad list lol

YouTube - Glee - Defying Gravity (Full Song by Kurt and Rachel)

Hmm. Sounds more like you can't really listen to music if you're feeling down. That's how I am too. I start picking things out of the songs that make me feel worse. D=

I love good duets. I LOATHE this band but I enjoy this song because of the girl's voice. haha.

YouTube - We The Kings - We'll Be A Dream (feat. Demi Lovato)

Edit: Here's another ridiculously sad one. YouTube - Skyline drive by mae

Edited by PrinceofLight2000