Banned

Guest Kamperfoelie

Guest Kamperfoelie

Sad to see so many long time (serious) posters banned.

Been away a while and dont know what happened of course but am now wondering if the names i now see as 'banned' are banned for life or if they've got a time-out ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see so many long time (serious) posters banned.

Been away a while and dont know what happened of course but am now wondering if the names i now see as 'banned' are banned for life or if they've got a time-out ?

Time outs are for 7 days. So if you notice someone is banned and they've stayed that way for over a week you can generally conclude they pushed the rules too hard.

P.S. Just a warning. Let's not have this thread be about the events surrounding the bannings of various individuals. Such isn't really an appropriate topic.

Edited by Dravin

No profile could result in banishment as well. Right?

Dravin is correct. But in fairness to the site member, I do send an email to the address we have on file. I give it one week, if I don't get a response then it gets banned.

Guest Kamperfoelie

Not to name names, but i was suprised at seeing two longstanding members banned from the site. They were both clearly knowledgable, insightful people whose posts added colour to the forums.

Im not asking what happened, im just expressing my suprise that they are gone.

For what reason would they be banned and not just left open? I don't know who you are all talking about but if they are intelligent, add to the site and are insightful with no infractions, why not just let they stay on without being banned?

For what reason would they be banned and not just left open? I don't know who you are all talking about but if they are intelligent, add to the site and are insightful with no infractions, why not just let they stay on without being banned?

Because clearly, they had infractions. People don't just get banned on the whim of moderators.

OH, Wingnut I thought Pammy said she sends people an e-mail and if they don't respond withing two weeks then they are banned. I thought if they were not around in a long time and Pam sends them an e-mail and they don't get back then they are banned.

So why do they still have "banned" under their names when they post after 7 days? Wouldn't they be unbanned by then? That's like wearing a sign around your neck saying "sinner" after you've repented.

After the probation they should be unbanned. There is a period after the 7 days where posts have to be approved by head moderators. I'm not entirely sure how the board handles that but it is possible they maintain the banned status during that probation.

They might also have the 7 day period, then be able to post again, and then get themselves banned permanently. If that were the case, it might appear that there were 7-day-later posts, but they'd been banned again since then.

There are also some people who are pretty stupid and come back after 7 days and do exactly the same thing they did to get banned in the first place, so they get perma-banned pretty quickly. By the time you log on and see their 7-days-later posts, they've been perma-banned.

Whew, did that make any sense? Lol.

When someone is banned for a 7 day period, the word "banned" appears under their name. Upon being released from this ban, the words "senior member" are then under the name. After the 7 day ban, a poster will have every post reviewed by a head moderator for a period of 2 wks. After those 2 wks and as long as no site rules were violated, then the poster is released to post again. If the poster then violates another site rule and is permanently banned, then the words "banned" will appear under the name.

So, it is possible that you can see posts made from a "banned" poster. However, it means that the posts were made prior to that person being banned.

These rules are in the site rules.

OH, Wingnut I thought Pammy said she sends people an e-mail and if they don't respond withing two weeks then they are banned. I thought if they were not around in a long time and Pam sends them an e-mail and they don't get back then they are banned.

Those that don't have a profile because they never validated their account get an email from me. I send it to the email they used when they registered. If they don't respond to me, either through neglect or because the email is not valid (which some do come right back to me) then I ban the account.

It was just a comments about the Chargers, i mean it's not like he made a comment about a real team or anything. :D

Says the person who had to have things explained to him in a Fanzz store while here visiting.