Moving to Utah Need Advice

So Jealous. I would love to live near SLC :)

Maybe I can do my residency there :)

Edit- I've heard that lots of mormons live in Utah, so watch out for that 'love bomb' everyone talks about.... sure, the rice krispie treats and green jello taste good, but that's how they get ya! Don't say you haven't been warned ;)

I live in the Layton area and would recommend living in Logan. I am a transplant from Oregon and the "Utah Mormon" mentality is strong here, at least in my immediate area. Logan seems to not have that and is a beautiful place. I try to go up there as much as I can. The positive side of this area is that you have Hill air force base here which brings a lot of non-members to the area. It helps keep a balance and you can still do missionary work. Let me know if you have any questions.

Well . . . what size house are you looking to rent? Just so happens that I'm clearing mine out right now, and have considered renting it out. :D Seriously!!! It's in the south end of Clearfield, two stone's throw away from Layton, 3 miles to the freeway, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, BIG yard, . . . . I'll send you a PM.

i live in logan about an hour and a half i moved here about 5 months ago. nice community and low living costs

I concur ^.^

Probably not as easy to find a job as in other places tho.

I know a place or two where its less than 300 per month per person for heating, utilities and internet.

• 2 weeks later...

A thanks to all who offered advice. We found a three bedroom apartment we like and signed a one year lease and are moved in (still unpacking though).

Now I am looking for a job as a forklift drive or in the shipping/receiving warehouse field not more than 25 miles from the Layton area. I have a job interview with a temporary employment agency on Monday. It's great to be back in Utah!