Number of Digits in ATM Pin number

Sunday21

Dear Bros and Sisters,

Here's an easy problem for a change. I need to create pin number for my ATM. In Canada, pin numbers are usually 4 digits but one can request more digits. I would like to use my ATM card in the US and in Europe. Can you tell me how many digits US Atm pin numbers have? Can you tell me how many digits European Atm pin numbers have?

Thanks!:P

Having been a bank manager, we told our customers they could have a pin from 4 to 12 digits long. However, when traveling, it could be an issue with certain machines to have a pin that's longer than 4 digits.

I'd talk to your bank manager where you have your account to get some guidance on this.

Dear Bros and Sisters,

Here's an easy problem for a change. I need to create pin number for my ATM. In Canada, pin numbers are usually 4 digits but one can request more digits. I would like to use my ATM card in the US and in Europe. Can you tell me how many digits US Atm pin numbers have? Can you tell me how many digits European Atm pin numbers have?

Thanks!:P

I use a 4 digit one (USA)

Guest xforeverxmetalx

I've used my ATM card in Europe with no problems. (You also save loads of money in currency exchange if you withdraw a large chunk of cash at once.)

And as far as PIN number, it could be worse. If people started it a PI number, I'd get confused and think of 3.14(15926535...). Actually, I bet someone's PIN is 3141 for that reason... no not mine.

The correct answer, delivered in a hushed and somewhat worried tone:

Actually, only one of them's a twin.

Well to be really technical. Fraternal twins aren't really twins. They are siblings born at the same time.

Well to be really technical. Fraternal twins aren't really twins. They are siblings born at the same time.

What technical definition is this? Most of the definitions I'm seeing for twins don't stipulate they be identical/clones. Maybe I'll start referring to identical twins as clones from now on... on the plus side if I ever notice identicle twins fighting I can make a reference to The Clone Wars.

Edited by pam
oops edited instead of quoted