"Revealing Outfit" - seriously?

Guest tomk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a wardrobe malfunction but I'd never approach her telling her that her outfit is ugly.

Where is the wardrobe malfunction? Do you mean it is not put together well?

The complaint was about it being too revealing, not ugly.

Am I going to have to go into my rant again about how tights are not pants, no matter how opaque they may be? Her dress is short. But if that outfit is getting him all hot and bothered, he might have other problems.

In looking at the picture (which isn't very clear) the only possible thing I could see him referring to is her neck line.

From BYU Honor Code:

A clean and well-cared-for appearance should be maintained. Clothing is inappropriate when it is sleeveless, strapless, backless, or revealing; has slits above the knee; or is form fitting. Dresses, skirts, and shorts must be knee-length or longer. Hairstyles should be clean and neat, avoiding extremes in styles or colors. Excessive ear piercing (more than one per ear) and all other body piercing are not acceptable. Shoes should be worn in all public campus areas.

The portion I think he would refer to would be the 'revealing' verbage. I definitely don't think her neck line would cover a temple garment. I know the world has different standards but I too would find her neck line immodest for someone trying to live LDS modesty standards and the BYU Honor code.

Am I going to have to go into my rant again about how tights are not pants, no matter how opaque they may be? Her dress is short. But if that outfit is getting him all hot and bothered, he might have other problems.

LOL.

I gave up long ago trying to figure out women's fashion. :)

Why would a girl want to wear a dress with what seems to be PANTS underneath? If she's worried about modesty, then she should wear pants.

I thought it was a cute outfit. Isn't it good we all have different opinions on style? As far as garments go I think mine would fit under that neckline. It might be close?

I would be a lot more worried about a very judgmental classmate than a possible slightly immodest dress. Insulting the girl and being very judgmental isnt a very Christlike attribute.

LOL.

I gave up long ago trying to figure out women's fashion. :)

Why would a girl want to wear a dress with what seems to be PANTS underneath? If she's worried about modesty, then she should wear pants.

I see a number of teen girls wear skirts and tights to church. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it doesn't strike me as quite right (since I seem so far out in left felt re everything else around here). If the dress is too short to wear without tights, than maybe you shouldn't buy it.

I see a number of teen girls wear skirts and tights to church. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it doesn't strike me as quite right (since I seem so far out in left felt re everything else around here). If the dress is too short to wear without tights, than maybe you shouldn't buy it.

What about on little girls? Mine wear this style all the time.

You be the judge:

There are a bunch of repressed fruitcakes at BYU.

My daughter danced ballet on a scholarship at BYU. After performances for students the nuts would come out of the woodwork complaining about the dance departments wanton behavior that was tempting the girls' boyfriend to entertain evil thoughts.

Edited by Snow

Actually I think it says just as much about the girl by making an issue of it. Why did she feel the need to let the world know about the incident? Much ado about NOTHING!

Why do you feel the need to tell us your opinion and complain about the girl? Seems like you could do with a dose of your own medicine.

Edited by Snow

Actually I think it says just as much about the girl by making an issue of it. Why did she feel the need to let the world know about the incident? Much ado about NOTHING!

Because it is sexual harassment. The guy that left a note was a coward who wasn't willing to take ownership of his comments. What recourse is there against an anonymous creep other than public ridicule?

In looking at the picture (which isn't very clear) the only possible thing I could see him referring to is her neck line.

From BYU Honor Code:

The portion I think he would refer to would be the 'revealing' verbage. I definitely don't think her neck line would cover a temple garment. I know the world has different standards but I too would find her neck line immodest for someone trying to live LDS modesty standards and the BYU Honor code.

The neckline of that dress WOULD most definitely cover a Temple garment!!!

Having been Endowed now just over a month I can safely say that.

In my opinion, that outfit does not have a revealing neckline nor is the skirt too short. It's supposedly what's current for teeny-bopper fashion/young adult fashion. Leggings (layering in general) are not worn to "cover up" because the skirt is too short, it's all apart of that bohemian look.

Forgot to add. I still think those kids or that one kid was just being mean. I remember back in high school witnessing a group of girls praising this one girl for her awesome sense of fashion (she was a train wreck!) but they were just picking on her. Poor girl didn't even get it.

I, too, thought it was a cute outfit. Very pretty and feminine. I suppose the neckline might be cutting it close, but I wear that neckline all the time without a problem after I adjust it right.

I agree with Snow. I don't know if I would all anyone a repressed fruitcake because that ain't my style, but you get students at BYU who become obsessed with the honor and dress code. I attended BYU-Idaho. The shortest pants we can wear can come to the ankle area. So I wore some pants that came to the ankle area. In a class, I gave a presentation while my fellow students critiqued my presentation. I received quite a few mentions of my perfectly acceptable pants and how they were immodest (the ankle? We live in a fairly non-abnormal American culture where no one puts much sexuality on the ankle).

The neckline of that dress WOULD most definitely cover a Temple garment!!!

Having been Endowed now just over a month I can safely say that.

Really? It would? Woah...

Well... it wouldn't cover MY garment that's for sure... I wasn't aware that they were so different.

Your news was surprising!