Report bad member?

starlight012

And THAT is what I miss most when SlamJet is absent. Your word is sorely needed in many a thread. There is simply no replacement.

:) Why thank you, happy to oblige.

I had to smile because my first thought was "you ought to join me in a 12-step group." Once time on a first visit to a group, I introduced myself and as customary, everyone in the room said "Hello <insert first name>" And I actually said out loud "Whatever!" Lack of mental filters wasn't conducive to making many friends and by golly, no one wanted to, then and now, sponsor me. Gee, I wonder?

Hi, I am new to the forum. I want help. There is a member who is posting anti-mormon information and claiming to be a member in good standing. I know him, his name and want his leaders to encourage him to stop.

What do I do?

it's an article at that mormon think website.

(link to political candidate discussion removed by moderator)

I hope it isn't inappropriate to post and ask this here, but I don't know where else to do it.

Let the bishop know. Other than that, ignore him unless he approaches you with it, in which case you can tell him that youre not interested in that info, or you can direct him to fairlds.net.

Other than that show love and try not to be judgemental.

• 4 weeks later...

The person who started this IS the person who writes the blog, whose deception here will tell you all you need to know about his sense of ethics.

Edited by Eowyn

I'm not saying he isn't an anti-mormon, just that the information he's provided is accurate. The fact that it's out of context just makes it difficult to understand. It also highlights the differences between LDS theology and more traditional Christian theology. Someone who was brought up under traditional theology would probably find some of our beliefs fairly heretical. But that has been the case since the church was founded.

I just don't see what we can hope to do to counter this. If it's a truly anti-Mormon site, any defense we try to post will be deleted. Besides, people are free to post what they wish on their websites. The best thing you could do is post your views on your own blog or website and share it with the people you know. People are much more likely to accept the views of someone they know personally than some random person on the internet. (and quite possibly, the majority of people who visit anti-Mormon sites are not looking for information, but for validation).

I'm not sayin this is the case here, I'm not indicating a belief either way regarding if the individual is or is not intending things in an anti-mormon way; however, it is very possible to take total & absolute truths & use them to defeat the cause itself.

I have to agree most of what is said is accurate. That said, it could be possible to use those very things to go against mormonism if one decided to.

My experience is that if someone, a member "in good standing" is openily posting trueths & accurate information in a manner that presents badly on the church, he will in time be identifed & "spoken" with. If he is no longer "in good standing" & not a member anymore, then there is little the church do.

In my experience, things like this challenge, perhaps even weakens, our own faith as we struggle to understand or comprehend. That is frequently a tool of satan in an attempt to destroy us one-by-one.