Blast from the past! Remember when..

Bini

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old man used to bring these home for us kids to play with...

Posted Image

My mom used to make Christmas wreaths out of these every year when I was growing up. Then she would spray paint them gold.

I remember when my old man came home with one of these:

Posted Image

My poor, poor dad. Stood there and tried and tried to tell me that I don't need to punch in =6 after I punched in 3+3. I couldn't get it through my 8 year old mind that it figured it out for me. But I do remember using this when I was quite young:

Posted Image

Continuing...

But I learned to ride a bike on one of these (Mine was green):

Posted Image

My mom drove us around in this (hers was white):

Posted Image

And when I got older, I learned to shave with this:

Posted Image

And this was my first computer:

Posted Image

But I got the computer and programming bug with one of these:

Posted Image

Using this as data and software storage:

Posted Image

It took what seemed like forever for a couple hundred lines of code to load up. But hey, it was a start.

As my old man would say, "Those were the day's."

Pam -

I once worked for a company that had the rights to the Norman Rockwell art used for Top Value Stamp catalog covers. We licensed the art for calendar and figurine makers, etc. I got to work with Rockwell's son on the licenses, which was kinda cool to have that connection.

I remember using punch cards, riding a schwinn style bike with banana seat and sissy bar, and several other things mentioned. I also remember Breakfast Squares. They were our family's staple food on long road trips. I actually liked them a lot and wish they were still made. (what they were made of though is probably a greater mystery than the age the of the universe ^_^ )

Posted Image

1970's GENERAL MILLS BREAKFAST SQUARES by poptartsbox, on Flickr

Believe it or not but I went to a local store 3 weeks ago and their computers were down, they pulled out the old fashioned credit card machine and did it just like in the old days.

Talk about a blast from the past -- haven't seen that done in 25 years at least.

Edited by mnn727

Posted Image

The hot stays hot, and the cool stays cool...

Is the point that McDonald's used to use styrofoam? If it is.. I REMEMBER THAT! At least, that's what the Big Macs used to be in.. If you're referring to something else, then it went swoosh over my head.

Is the point that McDonald's used to use styrofoam? If it is.. I REMEMBER THAT! At least, that's what the Big Macs used to be in.. If you're referring to something else, then it went swoosh over my head.

Again... Youngsters, they're so silly sometimes ^_^