New here...

EternalWife09

Hello, I'm Dee. I was baptized in'95,endowed &sealed to my former husband in 96. Unfortunately he decided drinking and smoking were more important than his Faith and family. We divorced in 05. In 09 I remarried my HS Sweetheart,he converted,and we were Sealed this year! Now I have a husband who loves me and my children AND who truly honors his Priesthood,and is teaching our 18 yr old son to honor his. My children adore him as much as I do, and we've had the pleasure of enjoying 3 Grandbabies together! Our pride and Joy of our hearts!

I have a Firm testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and know this is His true church,restored on our Earth today.

I have had personal struggles recently with a person spreading false ,elaborate stories about my health ( which is just fine! Lol) and got me a release as RS 1 st Counselor ( without anyone,including Bishop, speaking with me,or hubby,to verify the issues were true.

So I am quite discouraged at the moment at how something like this could happen to me, after all I've done in service to the church,without questions made certain. Certainly wasn't an inspired Bishop to go solely in the word of another. I know this has happened to many,and I'm not allowing it to keep me from Sacrament. But I don't believe I can ,or will, completely trust anyone on a friendship level again in the church.

Make sense?.

My hubby and I attend the Temple often,and love Geneology.

So, that's my intro lol

Any insights would be great!

Guest loveswillow

Gosh, that must have hurt. Could you go to your bishop and ask him why he released you without talking to you, or would that be insubordination? I'm a "speak up for your rights" kind of person and it's always served me well. I don't sass, but I get to the point. What does your husband say about this? :0(

Well, the church would be perfect if it didn't have all those people in it. :)

Seriously, it's hurtful when people do thoughtless and arbitrary things. Why not go and talk it out? Find out what actually when down. Maybe that would offer some insight/closure on the thing.

I've always been a lover of family history. I'm such a fan of those "Who Do You Think You Are" tv shows.

Anyway, welcome to LDS.net! See you around.

I think you are reading too much into it. Don't talk to your bishop about it, he's a busy guy. People are people, and the church is the church. One does not always fully represent the other. Some of the most righteous, upstanding, and Christ like people I know are not members of the LDS faith. Some of my biggest let downs have been by members of the LDS faith. That doesn't mean the church isn't true, or correct it just means people misbehave in all walks of life.

I know it was " health issues" because that is what said he " heard" and that he thought I needed to be released because of it. Yes, I have back problems, but he ,and the RS pres knew this when they called me to the position. It's been ongoing for 16 years,so certainly not a secret by any means and it doesn't stop me from fulfilling my callings EVER! If anything ,service helps take my mind off the pain. And it's not everyday.

This person severely exaggerated my issue and he went with it,without as much as even a meeting with me first. Showed up at our door 20 minutes before church began. Found out later he had already called someone else! This was entirely done without my,nor my husbands knowledge,behind my back.

This was 5weeks ago and still no explanation or apology from bishop or anyone.

This is why people become inactive. He is a good man, good bishop, so I'm totally floored,as is hubby. Being a recent convert, this is not sitting well with him at all.

What is one to do when things like this happen? I'll speak with bishop,with my husband present , but he needs to explain a whole lot,and so far No One has reached out to me.

Very discouraging,to say the least! Hubby was just endowed 5 months ago & we were Sealed. He is ready to attend another Ward, which we have, but we just moved in March and looked for a house within our current ward boundaries because we Loved the people!

And now they.pull this...

I've observed that it would seem that one of the 'test' that some people will get in this life is how they respond to an offense (or presumed offense) given by a church leader..

Many choose to accuse and blame and point out the failings of the church leader in question. As if the Leaders aren't allowed to have human failing and not allowed need work just like everyone else. This position, uncorrected, leads to the accuser cutting themselves off and doing more damage to themselves then the leader ever did.

Very few seem to realize that such occasions are prime time to develop Christ like attributes of compassion, understanding, and forgiveness. These two paths will lead a person to very different ends, but the choice ultimately is theirs.

Edited by estradling75

I think you are reading too much into it. Don't talk to your bishop about it, he's a busy guy.

And what is it that is keeping the bishop so busy, other than serving those with needs and supporting those who have been hurt, binding up the wounds of those who have been hurt and helping to keep people close to the Gospel?

What is one to do when things like this happen? I'll speak with bishop,with my husband present , but he needs to explain a whole lot,and so far No One has reached out to me.

It sounds like all there is to explain is, "Sorry, it sounds like I misunderstood your health situation." You seem to be reacting as if the calling is somehow due you and it's not. You can be released and another called simply because the Bishop feels like it's time for another to have the opportunity (or the relevant president when you're a counselor). Which also ties back into you seeming to be taking it as some sort of personal attack that you were released, it isn't.

Step back a bit, you're getting all worked up because the Bishop was trying to be sensitive to your situation. It may be that he misunderstood your situation but his intentions certainly aren't out of place. Seems to me that you're ascribing malice when it's not necessary to explain his actions. By all means explain to him the actuality of your health considerations so he's better aware in what ways you can and can't serve as it pertains to your health, but it sounds like you're ready to go in there less to make sure he understands the reality of your health issues and more to accuse him and demand an apology. And most likely the reason nobody has reached out to you concerning your release is most people don't see being released as something that someone needs reached out to for.

And what is it that is keeping the bishop so busy, other than serving those with needs and supporting those who have been hurt, binding up the wounds of those who have been hurt and helping to keep people close to the Gospel?

While I'm not inclined to go with the, "He's busy, leave him alone." line of thought, Bishops do have families and jobs in addition to their calling.

Edited by Dravin

I'm sorry, I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding the problem.

How do you know you were released due to someone lying about your health issues? Why are you so hurt over being released from a calling? How do you know the Lord doesn't have your next calling lined up, or someone else that needed to be counselor in RS? I mean, you haven't actually talked to the bishop about any of this, right? Why jump to all these horrible negative assumptions about how your bishop is uninspired? Why are you characterizing the business of filling callings as "going behind your back"?

I guess I'm not understanding. Who showed up 20 minutes before church?

Yikes, you can't change churches if you want to when you're a Mormon? Whoa, I don't think I'd like that.

No, Mormons attend the congregation in the area they live in. The congregations (called "wards") are divided by geography. This is done for several reasons but two that I'm aware of is that means that popular people won't get a following (imagine if everyone attended the same ward as our president/prophet) and it allows the Lord to have his shepherds better care for His people on a more personal basis.

There are extenuating circumstances that may allow someone to attend a ward in a region that they don't live (things such as restraining orders, divorces, etc.). These exceptions must have approval by the appropriate authorities. But, typically, if you want to attend a particular ward, you will need to move to a house in the neighborhood that is in the geographical area for that particular ward.

Take the time you have between callings and give your back a bit of a vacation! Then go talk to the bishop about being ready for a new calling. Sounds to me that people might have been concerned out of love for you. Sometimes we overdo and they might have been concerned about that. Isnt it nice that people love you and care about your well being?

You are blessed to have a husband, family and ward members who care about you. Just think! You might luck out and get a calling in family history!

And you never know if God is releasing you for some purpose that will greatly benefit you. Even if others may have acted hastily towards you it does not mean that God's purposes are not being served. God uses flawed individuals to bring about his purposes. Have faith and continue doing what is right. What is true, is true and none of these circumstances change what the truth is.

Regards,

Finrock