Do you have any convert prospects?

LilyBelle00

Do you have people in your life that you secretly (or not so secretly) want to convert? I mean, I know that we should look at everyone as a possible convert and all that, but do you have any special people who you think would be just perfect?

Someone in my branch calls them "dry Mormons". :)

I have two.

One is a friend and coworker. She's the sweetest thing ever with the biggest smile. She's a genuinely good person and the first day I met her there was just something about her that made me think Mormon. I wasn't even active at the time so after a few days I casually brought up church because I half expected her to tell me she was LDS. She's a really active Baptist. We respectfully talk religion through email frequently. She's shown polite interest and curiosity about some things but I'm still hoping that one day she'll come around.... She's probably hoping the same thing about me! Lol.

The other is my sister's boyfriend. He's going to be easy, I think. They went to Nauvoo with us a few weeks ago and we thought that he would probably get annoyed with all the "churchy" stuff. Instead he was super respectful, he asked lots questions, he was interested in the history there, he seemed really touched during the Carthage jail tour. He came home and told my sister that he thinks he wants to be a Mormon. Lol.

The only hiccup is that him and my sister are living together. They are engaged and supposed to be getting married early next year.... We are hoping to talk them into sooner.

I have a friend who is what I call a "Mormon in waiting" she has seen more church history sites than most members (including Joseph smiths birthplace 3 times), dresses modestly, doesn't really swear or drink and is waiting for marriage! Not just that be she has told me she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and the Joseph smith is a prophet. What is really hard is that we live thousands of miles apart so it is hard for me to help her with the thing she is struggling with - going to a church where she doesn't know anyone.

I have hundreds. The biggest problem for me is getting fellow scientist past the idea that G-d is not the traditional "magical" being that operates completely contrary to anything scientifically (empirically) observable.

The Traveler

My brother-in-law and his wife. He is bouncing between Mormon and Catholic, but a few things are hindering them. First, he was introduced to the church in a singles ward, and his wife is still a bit leery of those Mormon women. Second, they had a very negative experience at a fireside for investigators where they were told to stop being fence sitters, not the best message for a general assembly. And third, they like their wine.

I have a couple. Both girls I brought from the drop-in center I attend. The first has come a couple of weeks now. She seems interested, until we start discussing different doctrine, Then she states that if she joins she won't be able to have any fun. I'm not sure what's going to happen with her.

The other is a sweet girl just a couple years older than me. She goes to another church, but came with me last week and seemed to enjoy it. She isn't coming this week because the lady who brought her has an early morning meeting. She wants to come again next week.

They both came to the Relief Society activity last week(even tho I didn't go) and they both said they enjoyed it. They're working out times to meet with the missionaries. So I'm hopeful.

Do you have people in your life that secretly (or not so secretly) want you to convert? I mean, I know that true believers of any faith should view you as a possible convert and all that, but do you have any special people who actually see you that way?

I've started an interfaith dialogue with a Muslim co-worker and although I've been upfront with him on where I stand, I can't help but suspect he has some lingering hope there.