New temple video

mikbone

We took our first missionary for his live endowment yesterday in Sacramento. And we were able to see the brand new movie.

It is 12 minutes longer so the temple workers were getting quite strict on the sessions starting on time.

Be advised.

I'm guessing that some languages take longer to express something than expressing the same thing in English (I've heard this said about some African languages). Perhaps the translations were a bit rushed (to follow the cues and flow of the English version, since they share the same video) and a bit distracting because of it.

Edited by LittleWyvern

I had no idea that a new film came out this week. I usually attend the temple Tues at 6:00 am but I was attending a genealogy conference T-F so I couldn't get there until Sat morning. I had to wait 1.5 hrs at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple to get into a session. We were standing in the hall waiting to get in the chapel to even be in a session. This is when I learned of the new film and why so many were there. I also found out that the Provo and Draper Temples were closed for cleaning. So our temple was just being over-whelmed.

I usually sit in the front row during the endowments and this time I was in the back. So I got to see a lot of people going through the session that looked like they hadn't been there since the last film was brand new. If it takes the Church putting out a new temple film to get members to go to the temple then lets put out a new film every 5 years instead of 20.

I really appreciated this new version. I looked at several things in a different light just because of the presentation, acting, music and emphasis on it. I can't say I agree that the film is longer to help with possible translation. I just think it was longer due to good acting and the taking of time to set up the visuals. The dialog appears exactly the same.

What struck me is how the emphasis of teaching in their new presentation really fits with the issues and needs of members today. The loving, peaceful and beautiful way things are presented will really speak to the media savvy adults now receiving their endowments for the first time. It's just exciting to me to see how inspired our leaders are. The Church continues to grow and adapt to fit the needs of the saints, even though the message doesn't change.

The Church has done an excellent job. I have a feeling after the initial curiosity fact wears off we will still have a greater number of members going to the temple to do endowments. There is just so much peace and love in this new version and who wouldn't want to come out of the world and be enveloped in that. I'm going to have to get used to long waiting lines.

Guest Doctrine

I dub this year the year of change after the world did not end on dec 21 2012, and so far it is true. New scriptures, new temple video, new Sunday school manuals ( youth manuals so far), age of missionary's changed, new gospel principles manual, new missions, I know the last few where done last year, but can you feel the change, what's next, I can't wait, I hope they up date the adult Sunday school manuals.

The Church has done an excellent job. I have a feeling after the initial curiosity fact wears off we will still have a greater number of members going to the temple to do endowments. There is just so much peace and love in this new version and who wouldn't want to come out of the world and be enveloped in that. I'm going to have to get used to long waiting lines.

Excellent review, I can't wait to see it.

Guest Doctrine

So I saw the new video and I must say the cgi is great, the acting is pretty good from the last one I could feel the emotions, and the spoiler is who plays satan, I almost choked because at first I thought it was Kirby heyborn, but no it's corban Allred who is in the saints and solders movies and others.

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad it's not up on IMDB.

A lot of movies I watch aren't on IMDB either...

I always, and I do mean always talk during movies.

During some video's at church I struggled so hard not to say something, even if I like the movies/video's I still have to add my comments...

Or if I have seen it before there is my commentary in my head, so you have a very nice story of some boy's unknowingly give a poor man money instead of playing a prank and I am giggling about some joke I made up months before.

I'm nuts.

I actually looked for this thread after I saw the new video. I do like it. Special effects, acting, scenery and so forth.

Some thing I'm not sure about. Mostly about why Eve was crying. Crying would suggest she knew what taking the fruit would do. Crying would mean she knew what Love was. (Which I don't completely disagree with).

A guy in my ward said the reason its longer is for translating it into some African Languages. I still have a hard time believing that (Not knowing my languages) . I could see 5-maybe 8 mins longer. But I think 12-15 mins longer is more by design.