BSA troop leaders facing felony charges for vandalization

Swiper

... and these guys are supposed to be role models for the church's young men? :mad:

I haven't read anything that said they were from our church. I just googled a bunch of articles and nothing mentions the LDS church.

I haven't read anything that said they were from our church. I just googled a bunch of articles and nothing mentions the LDS church.

"According to Taylor, he and Hall are leaders for a local troop of the Boy Scouts of America. Hall added that the men also were acting as Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints youth leaders."

Source: Men may face felony charges after toppling Goblin Valley formation | The Salt Lake Tribune

It is based on what is determined the value is. Yes some say it's just a rock. But it's a formation that can never be replaced.

What's the sense in preserving nature if people can just go in and destroy it and be given a slap on the wrist?

Especially formations that are dated a million years old.

After reading more about this it appears he will only be facing misdemeanor charges for this act of vandalism. Who knows what will become of the trumped up insurance claim.

Reference?

After reading more about this it appears he will only be facing misdemeanor charges for this act of vandalism. Who knows what will become of the trumped up insurance claim.

Misdemeanor charges are still plenty serious.

Huh - I wonder who copyrighted it? I thought dudes uploading videos onto YouTube stuck stuff effectively sticks it in the public domain, or maybe owned by YouTube?

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Dave Hall." I guess he and the rest of the three stooges got tired of being mocked by the world. They never posted it on YouTube themselves. Hall posted in on his Facebook account and later on SL Tribune uploaded it to YouTube.

Edited by Swiper