High/low

Dr T

Low: Found out one of my children tied a string around Sassy's neck and then buried her under a ton of blankets. He told my wife, "Mom I want to show you something." He said, "here, pull thing string." She did and pulled the cat out from under all the blankets. She was shaken up. :(

High: Fulfilling and very fun day at the clinic today. New patience, positive feedback, and growth.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My high to day was knowing my husband is there for me no matter what. :wub:

My Low :annoyed: point was waking up during my day surgery, :jawdrop: then the doctor and nurses I was upsetting the other people on the wing.

I looked at them both with a face said Do I care? :gnash::rant:

they have not hurd the last of me :twocents::boxing:

The high......reading our missionary son's e mail....and knowing he will be calling home on sunday......the low....once again....driving home and getting stuck in the fast lane behind someone driving slow and talking on their cell phone............. :deadhorse:

Where is your son, Pale? I know you guys will be so glad to talk to him.

High: Going out with my hubby after completing the tile work in our master bath remodel and getting icecream. Sitting in the drive-up line and watching my stuffed shirt of a husband 'sing' (mouth the words with emotion) to a song from our youth. I just couldn't stop smiling at him as I watched him crank up the music and say "oh what a great Bi-stake song". :D (Bi-stakes... oh how I remember him with his long flowing blond hair) :lol:

Low: Being up at 2:45 am due to heartburn from the late icecream. :wow:

Yesterday's High: Having a member of Lets turn up, unexpectedly, to trim my garden hedges, then saying he'd return in a couple of weeks to trim them again and cut the grass!

Low: My back has gone into a spasm since Friday morning, meaning I couldn't go out walking on Saturday morning, had to cancel a visit to friends houses and couldn't help the chap who was tending my garden, making me feel very embarrassed! :(

Okay my high and low for today.

Going to visit my parents for Mother's Day. Always wonderful to spend time with them. That was my high.

My low....we took my dog on the 2 hour drive and she threw up in the backseat of the car. :angry2:

:yuck: in the back seat

My high/low for mothers day

Low: Took the family to lunch today and it was not good.

High: Working with the family preparing and planting a garden of flowers for my wife. We prepared a lot of big flat rocks with various words that my wife arranged in the garden we made. :)

That sounds very friendly of him. Good on him.

How long has you back spasm issue been happening Push?

I really appreciate the help with the garden...that's what Lets is all about, doing favours for each other and swapping/supplying goods to each other without payment. It's more of a 'goodwill gestures' scheme.

My back has been going into spasms for many years now, since I injured/pulled all the muscles, tendons, ligaments etc in my right leg when I slipped on ice and prevented myself from falling by kicking my leg forward and backward very quickly.

I've just been told recently that I have osteoarthritis in my right hip and that is the cause of the hip and back pain/spasms I believe.

The most frustrating thing about it, is that it tends to play up once I've got myself into a good exercise routine, as in lately I've been doing lots of walking and dancing...it's just not fair! :angry:

I am really glad you started this thread Dr. T. Even when I don't post the answer here, I find myself asking myself about the previous day's highs/lows, and I feel very blessed by the highs!

For Mother's Day:

High: Going to a family ward and seeing the primary kids sing. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes as the Sunbeams waved at their moms, blew them kisses, picked their noses, sang the words they knew very LOUDLY, and mimicked the primary chorister. But the best part was the rambunctious 3 year old that while being led out of sacrament meeting by dad, started screaming, "NO DAD, PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME OUT TO THE HALL!!" this of course while his mother is giving a talk at the pulpit!

Low: Wishing my mother was alive to celebrate Mother's Day mixed with wishing I was a mother.

<div class='quotemain'>

The high......reading our missionary son's e mail....and knowing he will be calling home on sunday......the low....once again....driving home and getting stuck in the fast lane behind someone driving slow and talking on their cell phone............. :deadhorse:

Where is your son, Pale? I know you guys will be so glad to talk to him.

He is serving in Panama.....he will be home in July. It was great talking with him on Mothers Day.....even if he was having a tough time of remembering how to speak in English......LOL!!!!!!

Guest MrsS

My High: Yesterday I made it through my Chem induced stress test. I was/am terrrified of needles and they had toput in an I.V. - they guy who did it, was so good - he numbed my arm first, then talked me through it. I never felt a thing!!!

My Low: Even after fasting, going through the stress test, and not overindulging at Golden Corral, then just having a super light meal in the evening my blood sugar was still high! DANG NAB IT ANYWAY!!! BUMMER!! Plus I have marks on my chest from those snap thingies they stick on you. Looks like the monster from Star Trek (the original) sucked salt out of my body!

Hehehe..sorry to scare ya Doc.!!

If ya wanna see a slightly prettier (I think!) piccy, take a look at my profile, I've finally managed to upload a picture...please let me know if it isn't showing, I've had problems before...probs broke the monitor screens, lol. :)

Guest MrsS

Posted Image

Saltsucker: ain't she sweet? LOL :)

Yep, that's her, she left marks on my chest the rotten beasty. Thanks Push for finding that pic and for her "official title".

Thanks Dr T - you want to know how good the guy was who did the sticking was/is?? Not even a bruise!!!! He is young enough to be my son - so I just may leave him something in my will.

Actually - on Saturday (my day off) I am going to hunt down a nice Thank You card and send it to Jim (the needle man) and Kazz(the man who ran the machine that monitored my heart) and the gal (I'll have to call and ask her name) who did the heart ultrasound on me. They were all great - and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and at ease.