High/low

Dr T

My family, during family dinner every night, plays "High/Low." Many of you have probably heard of this game. We review our day and list the "high" and "low" from our day. Besides the high of a new day with air in my lungs and the blessing of my family and being loved by God, etc (which I can use every day of my life so far) we list the high points such as:

"Today my high was playing baseball with my oldest son. His hitting, running, catching, and overall athleticism was SO GREAT to watch and take part in."

"My low was seeing my family's cat skittish today after she spent some "quality time" with my seventeen month old daughter (she was too rough with Sassy and it shook her up)

What was your "high/low" for the day?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My high today was getting a text message from my son that he got a 95% on his biology test. He was so nervous and stressed and apprehensive about taking it. I was excited for him.

Not really sure what my low was today. Oh maybe realizing that I need to get my car's registration done. That always puts me in a low. :P

My high today was.... hanging with my son and hubby as we work on various projects around our home. :D Feels so good to get this stuff done at last!

My low had to be the night mare that kept me away almost paralyzed with fear from 3:45- 5 am. I hate dreaming about war. :(

My low was last night when my son was going to bed and I was lying down with him. He said, "You know that skull that's on my GraveDigger monster truck toy? I always lay facing this way so that he doesn't kill me when I'm sleeping." :( He was talking about putting his back to the wall. The strange thing is I did exactly the same thing when I was a kid bc I was scared of something grabbing me if my back was to the vast room. But who knew his monster truck was scaring him? Sometimes it's the things we don't even think about. I think I'll 'lose' the GraveDigger truck and let him play with the not-so-scary ones from now on.

My high was when he said, "At church yesterday we wrote down our fears and threw them away after giving them to God. I threw away my fear of tornadoes and now I'll throw away this one after I give it to God." :)

High: Having time sporadically to play a sweet new PS3 game I bought a few days ago (Genji: Days of the Blade). The graphics, textures, lighting and music in the game produce what I'll call a game-gasm. Yeah. It's that good. B)

Low: Not having more time to play said game. Hahahah, lame, I know, but I take any break I can get around here. ;)

Low: dealing with all the preparation to leave home. It's everywhere, it seems.

High: took the family to the Biltmore Estate to see the mansion. We entered this huge marble bathroom with a fountain in the middle of it. Everyone was being so quiet and respectful and my son yells out "Riiiiiii-colaaaaa!" and it echoed like crazy. I laughed for like 20 minutes, and my wife kept saying "The kids are just like you; I can't take 'em anywhere!" :lol:

Low: dealing with all the preparation to leave home. It's everywhere, it seems.

High: took the family to the Biltmore Estate to see the mansion. We entered this huge marble bathroom with a fountain in the middle of it. Everyone was being so quiet and respectful and my son yells out "Riiiiiii-colaaaaa!" and it echoed like crazy. I laughed for like 20 minutes, and my wife kept saying "The kids are just like you; I can't take 'em anywhere!" :lol:

When are you leaving? We'll all be praying for you!

Your son sounds cool. :)

When are you leaving? We'll all be praying for you!

Your son sounds cool. :)

We now have a solid report date of June 25th (it changed about 20 times). I'm taking the last couple of weeks off work to hang out with the family and have some fun with them. We're going to the Anbar province, just outside Fallujah.

Yeah, my son is a blast. I at least got to ordain him and see him pass Sacrament for the first time.

My high and low for 5/8/07 was:

LOW: being extremely busy at work today without the opportunity to complete everything I have to do in a 10 hour period.

HIGH: being extremely busy at work today without the opportunity to complete everything I have to do in a 10 hour period.

Double edged sword. :)

The low for me was spinning my wheels thinking I was getting something done, then getting a phone call from my MIL come we need you, dad my need to go to the ER.

The high was the problem could be taken care of in the office in the morning. We went to visit and took them dinner anyway. The high that capped off the evening was watching the birds in the backyard, a blue jay and a quail. :)

Search within these results

type in a single word (or portion of a word) you know is in the meaning

rank Acronym Meaning

****** MIL Military

****** MIL Mother-In-Law

****** MIL One Thousandth of An Inch

****** MIL Maui Interscholastic League (Hawaii)

****** MIL Merritt Island, Florida (STDN station)

****** MIL Matrox Imaging Library

****** MIL Man-in-the-Loop

****** MIL Malfunction Indicator Light

***** mil Milli-Inch

***** MIL Machine Intelligence Laboratory

**** MIL Machine Interface Layer

**** MIL Module Interconnection Language

**** MIL Media Integration Layer

**** MIL Marine Industries Ltd.

**** MIL Master Inventory List

*** MIL Member of the Institute of Linguists

*** MIL Meat Import Law

*** MIL Management Information Library

*** MIL Magnetic Indicator Loop

*** MIL Multipoint Indication - Loop

*** MIL Main Incidents List

Note: We have 105 other definitions for mil in our Acronym Attic

From acronymfinder.com

Search within these results

type in a single word (or portion of a word) you know is in the meaning

rank Acronym Meaning

****** MIL Military

****** MIL Mother-In-Law

****** MIL One Thousandth of An Inch

****** MIL Maui Interscholastic League (Hawaii)

****** MIL Merritt Island, Florida (STDN station)

****** MIL Matrox Imaging Library

****** MIL Man-in-the-Loop

****** MIL Malfunction Indicator Light

***** mil Milli-Inch

***** MIL Machine Intelligence Laboratory

**** MIL Machine Interface Layer

**** MIL Module Interconnection Language

**** MIL Media Integration Layer

**** MIL Marine Industries Ltd.

**** MIL Master Inventory List

*** MIL Member of the Institute of Linguists

*** MIL Meat Import Law