High/low

Dr T

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low today... encountering rain on my 1 hour, 10 minute commute to work on my bike. Yes, I had dry clothes to change into, but no shower at my office. I had bits of mud on my face and arms. Oh, and my chain also came off and I had to call my husband to talk me through putting it back on bc I couldn't fix it. So now my hands are all black like I've been working on a car. I'm not feeling very 'pretty' today. :blink:

Plus, high school kids at the bus stop are mean. "Nice bike, Holmes!" <laughter>

"Hey punks, my bike will kick your bike's @#$!" (No, I didn't say that.) I thought my bike was cool. I did smile and tell them maybe they should ride their bikes to school (which is 1 mile away!). I'll probably get shot on the ride through there on Friday. Further down the route, two girls were taking up the entire sidewalk and would NOT move over at all, forcing me into the mud. Yes, I ride on the sidewalk which is not what you're really supposed to do, but I'm very courteous and go all the way off when passing someone if possible. Anybody else think that kids are totally losing respect for anyone? Or maybe I'm just getting old! I guess old people have said that since the dawn of time.

The high is that I'm healthy and am blessed to be able to ride a bike, and have a bike, and live in a place that is conducive to riding a bike. :) And I no longer have to pay $50 per month for a gym membership.

Yesterday's High: Finding that I'd lost another 2lbs in weight..I've lost 11lbs since Mid March now!!

Yesterday's Low: Feeling sick all day and in the evening thinking I was gonna throw up in the bath!!! Not nice... :(

Awesome, Push, about the weight loss! You're not pregnant, are you? I guess you wouldn't be losing weight if you were. Probably just a bug... hope you feel better soon.

Lol @ being pregnant Shan..I was sterilised many years ago, but now and again I get freaked out thinking maybe it's reversed itself!!

Thanks for the comment about the weight loss...I'm pretty pleased with it, and still manage to eat a little junk food once a week. How are you doing?

For yesterday:

High: I had a mother's day out and stopped at a little shack in my town and dared to get a vanilla shake. It simply ruled the earth as we know it.

Low: I took my dog on a walk last night and forgot a bag (Like I remember every single time and I do!!!) and of course, my dog had to poop and I had nothing to clean it up with... I felt really bad.

High/Low for 5/9/07

High: Making it in time to watch my son's practice pay off by making a great hitting during his baseball game.

Low: Eating fast food-Taco Bell that was cold, old, and should not have been sold. :yuck:

High: The Jazz won their game tonight. :D I also was able to accomplish a lot through out my day.

LOW: My darling husband dropped a large pair of channel locks on my bare foot and now it's hard to walk... He made my laugh when he said that he wouldn't mention it at work. When I broke my wrist that news traveled fast. :lol:

i've avoided this topic due to the fact that i've not had a high recently. over all in life but day to day i've been depressed lately. so that would be my low.

but i did have a high today. i went to the dr to discuss this depression and the details of it, to find out what my options are. he gave me several options after a leangthly discussion on it. this is the first time i've seen this dr, i had met him socially some time ago and knew he was a good christian man, and had many small children so i thought maybe he'd take me more seriously than other dr's i've been to. he commented on letting god help me, that is where the real healing is. he knew i was very religious from our previous meeting. i said i'd like to take the plan we discussed and share it with my husband and pray about it, before making a decision. he said great, shook my hand and then stopped, holding my hand he asked if he could pray with me, if he could offer it. i said yes. in his prayer he asked that i would have guidence in making a decision, thanked the lord for the blessings in my life and my wonderful family, and that i would be able to find the answers and peace that i needed to enjoy those blessings. brought tears to my eyes. though i understand the spirit compleatly, i felt a little dumb, but i feel better now. i think i will stick with this dr, it was defiantly more than just medicine.

What happened to your lip Vanilla?

It seems that a staph infection decided to take up residence in my lip!

For yesterday:

High: Getting silly with some co-workers and laughing until our sides ached and we were crying.

Low: Realizing that one of my very first childhood friends will be burying his Mother the day before Mother's Day.

i've avoided this topic due to the fact that i've not had a high recently. over all in life but day to day i've been depressed lately. so that would be my low.

but i did have a high today. i went to the dr to discuss this depression and the details of it, to find out what my options are. he gave me several options after a leangthly discussion on it. this is the first time i've seen this dr, i had met him socially some time ago and knew he was a good christian man, and had many small children so i thought maybe he'd take me more seriously than other dr's i've been to. he commented on letting god help me, that is where the real healing is. he knew i was very religious from our previous meeting. i said i'd like to take the plan we discussed and share it with my husband and pray about it, before making a decision. he said great, shook my hand and then stopped, holding my hand he asked if he could pray with me, if he could offer it. i said yes. in his prayer he asked that i would have guidence in making a decision, thanked the lord for the blessings in my life and my wonderful family, and that i would be able to find the answers and peace that i needed to enjoy those blessings. brought tears to my eyes. though i understand the spirit compleatly, i felt a little dumb, but i feel better now. i think i will stick with this dr, it was defiantly more than just medicine.

It's great that you've found a doctor like that, ALMom. I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. I've been there so I'm with you.