Christmas music...

Maureen

Okay, so I just snagged a whole bunch of new (to me) Christmas music, for free but still legal!

If you haven't heard of Noisetrade, you're missing out. They give away free music in exchange for your email address and zip code. With your email, they send weekly (or semi-weekly) emails with new albums available. They also share the email address with the artist you've downloaded -- I usually unsubscribe to that once it ends up in my Inbox. But I've gotten a bunch of free music from this site, and I love it. It tends to be lesser-known artists/bands, though there are a few on there that are more widely recognizable.

In any case, I just downloaded 2 albums and 3 EPs of Christmas music from their site. They let you sample the music first, so you know if you'll like it or not (there were a lot more Christmas albums/EPs/singles that I didn't like), and also tell you that the artist you're viewing is "for fans of..." and lists 3-5 other bands/artists with similar sounds.

Hindu mantras are "Chrismas music from other countries"? How does that work, exactly?

Today we heard that "There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas/Do they know it's Christmastime", and thought, there won't be snow in Australia, either. . . and probably no, since they're mostly Muslim.

Today we heard that "There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas/Do they know it's Christmastime", and thought, there won't be snow in Australia, either. . . and probably no, since they're mostly Muslim.

I always got a smile on my face when that line is sung in the Band Aid song, of course there will be no snow in Arica at Christmas, its summer there!

In my experience of Africa, there are a great deal of Christians there too, possibly even more so than any Islamic religion.

I really like Faith Hill's Where Are You Christmas because my daughter knows it's from The Grinch, and we'll blare it out at the top of our lungs around the house. I also like Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside, Drummer Boy, Somewhere In My Memory (it was in a lot of the Home Alone movies), Polar Express and.. there's more but I'm also singing those or listening to them around our house.

Some friends of mine came up with a spoof of that song: "Do they know it's Rhamadan?" (now *there's* a Muslim holiday that focuses on food!)

The MoTab version of "What Child is This?" is a Christmas song I could (and do!) listen to year round:

Fun fun, silly, goofy Christmas music my whole family enjoys the Pheneas and Ferb Holiday album. "Let It Snow" sung by Isabella, and Christmas Song sung by Vanessa are beautiful! :)

And for silly: Good King Winceslas

Edited by Jenamarie