Something fun planned for this summer?

Sunday21

Fun indeed. We've now finally got a reasonably specific date planned for our move from the UK to Florida - it'll be in the first week of September. My resignation notice has already been submitted at work, and things are moving along fairly smoothly with the visa application process. Should be a very interesting, albeit busy summer.

WE GOT A MONTH OF WORLD CUP!!!  So, every afternoon we're camping at my brother's to watch the tournaments...

There are 10 weeks of summer vacation for the kiddos...

The first week was spent in Scout Camp.

The week of July 4th we're spending touring the New Smyrna to Tampa corridor - lazing at the beach and riding roller coasters while still catching the World Cup tournaments.

July 13 - World Cup Finals - big party.

Last week of July through 1st week of August will be Lego Mindstorm Robotics and Lego Stop-Motion Animation camp.

2nd week of August is Birthday Week.

All the other weeks - that's 5 weeks total - is Home Economics Boot-Camp.  Both my 10-year-old and 12-year-old kids are going to learn to do everything Mom and Dad do in running the home.  That includes cleaning, laundry, cooking, shopping, budgeting, yard work, caring for pets, etc. etc.

I started a running program - running M, W, and F to prepare myself for a 5K race.  The kids ran with me today and they left me in the dust.

It's gonna be a busy, awesome summer!

All the other weeks - that's 5 weeks total - is Home Economics Boot-Camp.  Both my 10-year-old and 12-year-old kids are going to learn to do everything Mom and Dad do in running the home.  That includes cleaning, laundry, cooking, shopping, budgeting, yard work, caring for pets, etc. etc.

So doesn't that really mean you are going to teach your boys how to hire a maid?  :P

So doesn't that really mean you are going to teach your boys how to hire a maid?   :P

The phone number to the maid is on the fridge.  If they come up with their own money to pay the maid, they can hire them after they've mastered cleaning.  I actually told them that... lol...

So, my kid has a dust allergy... today, I taught the kids how to do proper dusting of furniture.  He is wearing a mask while dusting the shelves... He still ended up with the nebulizer!  So, I told him - you have 2 choices... work on your negotiation skills so you can trade work with your brother... or earn some money so you can hire your brother to do it for you... it's gonna be interesting to see what he comes up with.

what part of fla u moving to mahone?  I am going to Orlando fla for the 4th of july.

He's not gonna be in Fla until September.  But I'll be traipsing up and down I-4 around that time.

Almost everything I do is fun.  I am very lucky in that I get paid to have tons of fun with robots. I also consider a daily 20 mile bicycle ride great fun (except when there is a stiff headwind - :( )

Will be doing some camping, white water rafting, some cycle expeditions in different states and some travel.

Spend as much time at my summer home as possible. The whole family will be there the week of July 4th.

Fishing, BBQ, swimming, riding motorcycles, hiking, and participating in local 4th events.

My travel vacations are usually in the autumn or winter. Exception this year was visiting UK for Chelsea Flower and Garden show in London. Also did Portmeirion and Scotland.