Hello!

SeekingAnswers

I was born LDS and have grown up in a very active LDS family. Recently I have lost faith in the church. This came after realizing I didn't know for my self whether the LDS church was of god, and that I hardly knew anything about the church in general. I won't talk much about it in this post, but all I have to say is that I have some issues with inconsistencies in the church and it's origin and hope that I can use these forums as a way to clarify those concerns and make a decision as to whether or not I believe in the mormon religion. :)

Welcome.

Study is useful and even necessary, but deciding "whether or not [you] believe in the mormon religion" must be determined by personal revelation to your heart and to your mind, and not by convincing you in an intellectual way or reaching a consensus of opinion.

Vort,

Thank you for your reply. I perhaps worded my post poorly as it is difficult to describe exactly what I am going through. I am simply seeking to deepen my understanding of the LDS church, it's teachings, it's origins, as well as its current practices, the book of mormon, and the BoM's connection with the bible, and so on. I can't simply brush aside the concerns I currently have. Thank you for your advice.

Welcome

Study is good... but it is only half the equation...  You need to also pray and ask God.

Also remember that we learn and the Lord teaches line upon line here a little there a little.  Waiting until you can accept it all before you act on any is kind of like saying you will only eat an elephant when you can do it in one bite.  Rather then realizing you have to take it one small bite at a time.  Finish that bite and then go on to the next one.

Commonly the church encourages the first small bite to be the Book of Mormon.  One can and is encouraged to study it by reading it and then pray and ask God if the Book of Mormon is what it claims to be.  Once you get something you know God has told you to be true then you hold on to it and use it to move forward.

I was born LDS and have grown up in a very active LDS family. Recently I have lost faith in the church. This came after realizing I didn't know for my self whether the LDS church was of god, and that I hardly knew anything about the church in general. I won't talk much about it in this post, but all I have to say is that I have some issues with inconsistencies in the church and it's origin and hope that I can use these forums as a way to clarify those concerns and make a decision as to whether or not I believe in the mormon religion. :)

Greetings! well i'll be happy to answer what I can.