Headache

StrawberryFields

Guest Yediyd

Smash your toe...you will forget about the headacke!!

Sorry...just a stupid thing my dad used to always say!!!

I pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes...try to rest...turn down noise...these things work better than pills for me.

Also, hot bathes...with aroma theropy help me.

This is something that happens to many of us.... Headaches

What do you do to cure your headache and how effective is it.

You have so much going on in your life right now it would give anyone headaches. :(

This is something that happens to many of us.... Headaches

What do you do to cure your headache and how effective is it.

Ginger and Meditation both are fantastic - I can give you some basic meditation techniques if you like. Ginger helps with pain and blood flow

Charley

I try to drink more water and take Advil. If someone is available and willing, brain rubs are great.

M.

Hey Maureen,

How exactly do you rub a brain?? :dontknow:

For me, it is load up on ibuprofen, acetametaphine (sp??), whatever, and a quiet room where I can rest. I think I get a tad of the migraine, so noise is a bother as well.

Glad I don't get them very often, but if I catch it quick enough it isn't so bad.

Hey Maureen,

How exactly do you rub a brain?? :dontknow:...

In all honesty you can't actually rub the brain because the skull's in the way, but if you massage deep enough, your brain can really feel it. :closedeyes:

One way to get a brain rub is at the hair salon when they shampoo. :idea:

M.

Maureen, I love having my head massaged at the hairdressers when they are shampooing. Recently I had a deep, conditioning treatment at the hairdressers, they had to massage it into my scalp until I seemed sleepy!! It was lovely, and very soothing.

SF, I find that reading for too long gives me a headache...usually because I haven't worn reading glasses. I get migraines as well. I usually find that if I put down the book I'm reading, close my eyes and try to sleep, my headache lessens...oh and I do rely on paracetamol too. :)

Really depends on the kind of headache - tension, migraine, or sinus.

Now, The_Jason has a great remedy for the tension headache (see post #12 . (Or do whatever you can to reduce your stress level. Take aspirin, ibuprofen, whatever, and shut down for a few quiet minutes with your eyes closed and restful deep breathing.)

For migraines, take your pain reliever as soon as you are aware it's on its way, rest in a dark quiet room with cold pack on back of neck and warm pack on forehead.

For sinus, hot shower or a sterile saline wash, and a decongestant tablet with pain reliever.

But, if you get a sudden onset very strong headache that feels very strange or different from any you have had before, call for help - it could be a stroke!

Aside from the others who have mentioned that meds work, drink a pop with lots of caffeine. Something like Mt. Dew, Coke, Dr. Pepper... the caffeine dilates your blood vessels in the brain and allows them to accept a better blood flow. That is how Excedrin can call themselves the migraine medicine, they use caffeine as an ingredient to help get rid of your headache. Best of luck, I know how debilitating they can be.