Coming to a school near you - Satan Worship Club

pam

49 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I sometimes think we should change "like" to "agree"--but I guess we like when people post something we find correct.  :-)

'Cept I like stuff all the time I don't necessarily agree with. If you make a fabulous point that gets me thinking, I'll probably like it. It won't necessarily change my mind--hence, making me "agree" with you.

From what I understand of the doctrine of agency - I realize that there must be opposition in all things.  If parents (even if it is just 2) want their children to have a Satan club at school - I actually think that the greater problem will be from the parents that do not want any opposition to their thinking and what they will teach their children to do the the children in the Satan club.  The other problem is if the persons desiring to introduce a Satan club at a school are them self without any children attending the school.  One last thing - could someone explain to me the logic of believing that there is a Satan but not a G-d??????  It seems like someone believes the logic of getting to the truth is to tell more lies?

The Traveler

13 hours ago, Godless said:

Correct. From what I understand, Satanists don't actually worship Satan, or even believe that he exists for that matter. They worship the things that he represents: materialism, self-indulgence, and open rebellion against the religious majority.

If our "worship" of God (pure and undefiled) is simply defined as helping the widows and the fatherless, and serving mankind... then it is reasonable to extrapolate that to Satanists "worship" Satan by encouraging open rebellion against religion, living a life of self-indulgence and materialism.

There has never been a lack of clubs, gangs, groups, or associations which get together to solve the world's ills from the position of an athiest or luciferian worldview.  Why get so uppity just because one is finally truthfully named?

The thing is likely hosted by folks with an axe to grind against Christians, and it will attract kids from all walks of life.  What fertile ground for missionary opportunities!  I'd be pleased if one of my kids joined.  I'd tell them to make friends and bring 'em home for dinner.  Again, if you think the only place your kid is in danger of these sorts of views or influences, is the satan club, well, I got a bridge to sell you.

(Yes, I also get kicks out of going to countercult evangelical reachout forums and trying to make friends there too, why do you ask?)

The premise of Satanism is that we are no different then animals. It's Satan's greatest and most destructive idea. However, they are far far less effective at ministering this lie then the Democratic party, Hollywood and other card carrying members of the Great and Spacious building. I doubt these guys would even be allowed past the front door, they are a joke.

But if you consider the great lie, then you will see it's been part of school curriculum for hundreds of years. The best way to combat this is teaching in the home. "I am a Child of God, and he has sent me Here".   

18 hours ago, Carborendum said:

It would not be fighting against religious liberty to ban atheists from having a Satan's club.  Atheism is no more of a religion than bald is a hair color.

Yes, it is what happened with gay marriage and transgenders.  Do you not know of the indoctrination into homosexuality and the GLBT agenda into public schools?

I think you underestimate never Trumpers.  The Supreme Court nomination is the ONLY thing that would tempt us into voting for him.  We're very MUCH aware of that fact.

It doesn't matter if you believe atheism is a religion or not.  It only matters that they say it is.  It is still protected by free speech in the same manner that a group of bald people's belief that bald is a hair color is protected by free speech.  The day they decide to use the club to plan how to burn pastors at the stake is the time they lose their rights to it.

I know of northern states' indoctrination but not in southern states.  Parents have a lot of say in the schools if they ever decide to pay attention to their kids' schooling.  Those schools indoctrinating LGBT teachings have parents who believe such things are vital to society.  Our county didn't hold such view until SCOTUS forced it down our throats.

Edited by anatess2

There are a number of various groups and adherents who adopt the name, but they are not cohesive.  There are intellectual/scholarly satanists, and supernatural demonic-forces-summoning satanists.  Some look like Ayn Rand-ish libertarians, some look like they want to defeat the Catholic church even though they believe everything Catholics believe.  Probably most of them are just kids ticked off because mom makes them go to church, so they become satanist to get even.  Or they want to get closer to that hot girl around an ouija board or something.  Or they were abused by someone claiming to be a good christian.  There's lots of that.

Edited by NeuroTypical

4 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

The day they decide to use the club to plan how to burn pastors at the stake is the time they lose their rights to it.

And who will tell them to stop when they, instead of burning pastors, decide that religious people shouldn't have the same rights that atheists have?

4 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You do.  In your Mormon club.

My point is that, the current political arena doesn't allow for that.  Equal rights is being interpreted as equal rights only for non-traditionalists.  If you believe in old-fashioned values, then you don't have the same rights as others.

This is a sociological war of politics and words and beliefs.  In a regular war, we don't worry about the truly important commandment "thou shalt not kill".  We simply kill the enemy.  Here we shouldn't be worried about protecting the enemy's rights because they sure don't care about protecting ours.

If they truly just wanted equal freedoms for all, I'd be all for it.  But when they undertake to use their Constitutionally protected freedoms specifically with an agenda to deny others the same freedoms, I call that sedition.  Unfortunately, my opinion doesn't mean as much as it used to since... birth.

7 hours ago, Carborendum said:

My point is that, the current political arena doesn't allow for that.  Equal rights is being interpreted as equal rights only for non-traditionalists.  If you believe in old-fashioned values, then you don't have the same rights as others.

This is a sociological war of politics and words and beliefs.  In a regular war, we don't worry about the truly important commandment "thou shalt not kill".  We simply kill the enemy.  Here we shouldn't be worried about protecting the enemy's rights because they sure don't care about protecting ours.

If they truly just wanted equal freedoms for all, I'd be all for it.  But when they undertake to use their Constitutionally protected freedoms specifically with an agenda to deny others the same freedoms, I call that sedition.  Unfortunately, my opinion doesn't mean as much as it used to since... birth.

I say this and I say this over and over again.

You do not fight RACISM by RACIST METHODS.

You do not fight INJUSTICE by UNJUST METHODS.

You do not fight UNCONSTITUTIONALITY BY UNCONSTITUTIONAL METHODS.

The minute you do, you are no better than whatever it is you are fighting against.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
57 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

The minute you do, you are no better than whatever it is you are fighting against.

You say it over and over again like you are the sole fountainhead of wit and wisdom.  Like this world would fall apart if it wasn't for the great and mighty Anatess. Thank goodness you are here to show us the way. This isn't really the first time, either. 

This may be a shock to you, but you are not the first one to say this, we already know, and perhaps you are the one in error. 

Edited by MormonGator

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

You say it over and over again like you are the sole fountainhead of wit and wisdom.  Like this world would fall apart if it wasn't for the great and mighty Anatess. Thank goodness you are here to show us the way. This isn't really the first time, either. 

This may be a shock to you, but you are not the first one to say this, we already know, and perhaps you are the one in error. 

I say it over and over because it bears repeating.

Point out the error so it can be discussed.

Edited by anatess2

These "satanists" are just a bunch of atheists trying to point out that we (collectively) aren't really for freedom of religion when we disagree with the religion. I'm not sure what's more annoying and childish, these guys or the pastafarians.

12 hours ago, anatess2 said:

You do not fight those who wage war by waging a war... Oh, wait.  You do.

On 8/2/2016 at 10:52 AM, NeuroTypical said:

There are a number of various groups and adherents who adopt the name, but they are not cohesive.  There are intellectual/scholarly satanists, and supernatural demonic-forces-summoning satanists.  Some look like Ayn Rand-ish libertarians, some look like they want to defeat the Catholic church even though they believe everything Catholics believe.  Probably most of them are just kids ticked off because mom makes them go to church, so they become satanist to get even.  Or they want to get closer to that hot girl around an ouija board or something.  Or they were abused by someone claiming to be a good christian.  There's lots of that.

So, do different groups of Satanists get together and declare that another group aren't real Satanists?

I wonder what their equivalent of Westboro Baptist would be...

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

This Westboro behaviour is illegal in Canada, just saying, you cannot disseminate hatred here..even if you really dislike figs which have those nasty little seeds that get stuck in your teeth.

It's tough for a Canadian to understand American free speech laws-just like it's tough for an American to understand Canadian laws period. I say that as someone who truly loves Canada, has been there many times, and has family from Quebec. It's just been my observation, nothing more. The two countries seem to have some things in common-and they do-but in reality a great deal separates us.