What Animal Would You Be

prisonchaplain

If I could be any animal, I'd probably be an animal. All they do is sit around, ask the same question over and over again, and yet everyone thinks they are so smart.

When I was much younger I would have liked to be a cat.

In particular my own cat.

My cat was really well cared for and had a pretty easy life.

Nowadays I would like to be a bird.

Not a caged bird...a free bird.

Mainly because I would love to be able to fly.

(from http://www.gomilpitas.com/humor/153.htm: I am not the author, don't know who is. )

In My Next Life I Want To Be A Bear

If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that, too.

If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat. He KNOWS not to get between you and the food.

Yup..... Gonna be a bear.

If I could be any animal, I'd probably be an animal. All they do is sit around, ask the same question over and over again, and yet everyone thinks they are so smart.

Oops! I meant "OWL"

<div class='quotemain'>

:dontknow:

Sorry...I meant "owl"

Oops! I meant "OWL"

OH! :P I get it now. Who? WHO? WHO? is the question! :D I was sitting here thinking, now what smart animal sits around and says "WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?" :sparklygrin:

:hmmm: Dog, no, too domesticated, Cat, no, too demanding, Bird, no, too much travel, Whale, no, too much study, Horse, no, too much gambling, Monkey, no, too many clothes, Goat, no, too many kids, :hmmm: Just let me get back to you. ((I'm just mailing off my application to get an extension on my reincarnation)) Wouldn't want to screw that up. Wolf, no, to many masks, Sheep, no, too much wool over the eyes.

A polar bear, just because I think they're great. :) Or a pampered house cat.

Sadly you would be fighting to stay alive. :( I have to say that as much as I love polar bears, I wouldn't want to be one. They are having a really hard time surviving bc of the ice thawing, and subsequently not being able to fish for seals. Don't know if you guys watch Planet Earth (we bought the whole series and I HIGHLY recommend it), but they had a segment about polar bears. There is no food for them and they showed one who swam a distance of 60 miles looking for food (seal pups who live on the ice). Once they swim to exhaustion like that, they just die bc there's no way they can make it back. It was SO sad! Even if they don't die of starvation, when they're hungry, they don't have the energy to reproduce.

Sorry to bring this thread down! :blush:

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

I'd be a horny-toad.

Wait...that's not an animal. B)

Jason when I saw that you had commented from the portal I thought that you might have said that! :lol:

Berry....you know me best! :wub:

Yeah? I wonder why that is... :lol:

Maybe I'd be a liger

Posted Image

Cute. :)

I loved that movie, watched it many times. :D

<div class='quotemain'>

A polar bear, just because I think they're great. :) Or a pampered house cat.

Sadly you would be fighting to stay alive. :( I have to say that as much as I love polar bears, I wouldn't want to be one. They are having a really hard time surviving bc of the ice thawing, and subsequently not being able to fish for seals. Don't know if you guys watch Planet Earth (we bought the whole series and I HIGHLY recommend it), but they had a segment about polar bears. There is no food for them and they showed one who swam a distance of 60 miles looking for food (seal pups who live on the ice). Once they swim to exhaustion like that, they just die bc there's no way they can make it back. It was SO sad! Even if they don't die of starvation, when they're hungry, they don't have the energy to reproduce.

Sorry to bring this thread down! :blush:

Yeah, I've heard about the polar bears' struggle. :( Do you know what people can do to help save them? Our local zoo is building a new arctic exhibit that will include polar bears (which we haven't had for decades). I look forward to being able to see them, but I hope they can survive in the wild, too. It's really sad when a species survives only in captivity, but I suppose that's better than not at all.

In any case, I greatly admire polar bears! :)