LDS dating app, "Mutual"

This isn't really about relationships but my friend and I got this app for fun. I've matched with a lot of guys but me being the shy girl around guys, I am SO nervous to say yes if they ask me on a date or to hang out. I am a super outgoing person, like really, but I've only been on one 1-on-1 date and it was horrible. Anyways, I just need advice on not being shy around guys. Thats the only thing holding me back. I am chill around my guy friends, but if it is an attractive guy, I flip. I'm not sure why I am posting this on here but I need some sort of advice. Help? I am not necessarily looking for a serious relationship but more of dates because I am new to Utah. Thanks y'all! <3

14 hours ago, alilc said:

This isn't really about relationships but my friend and I got this app for fun. I've matched with a lot of guys but me being the shy girl around guys, I am SO nervous to say yes if they ask me on a date or to hang out. I am a super outgoing person, like really, but I've only been on one 1-on-1 date and it was horrible. Anyways, I just need advice on not being shy around guys. Thats the only thing holding me back. I am chill around my guy friends, but if it is an attractive guy, I flip. I'm not sure why I am posting this on here but I need some sort of advice. Help? I am not necessarily looking for a serious relationship but more of dates because I am new to Utah. Thanks y'all! <3

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Don't tell @LadyGator or @zil if you see the profile of an attractive guy with long blonde hair, blue eyes and a wonderful smile from the Gainesville area. :P

And try to ignore those "guys" who have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, they're nothing but trouble. :) 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, askandanswer said:

And try to ignore those "guys" who have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, they're nothing but trouble. :) 

It's hard to be humble when you are as good looking and wonderful as I am. It's okay to be envious @askandanswer. Frankly if I wasn't me, I'd be envious too. 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, askandanswer said:

I'm amazed that your standards of what constitutes good looking and wonderful are so low but I'm happy for you that you have this belief if it gives you comfort.

You know what they call a good looking person in Australia right? A tourist. 

On 2017-07-06 at 0:01 AM, alilc said:

I bet there is online advice for online dating. If you go to eharmony, they have advice like: only meet in a public places, have your own transportation.

i once had a hysterical double semi blind date. I met a bloke at an lds dance. He asked me out and asked me to fix up his friend for a double date with us. So...many, many  phone calls from bloke, Was the girl that I was setting his friend up with pretty? He was really concerned! His friend was very concerned! (I guess not being Hot is contagious! And fatal!). So the day arrived, my female friend and his male friend looked each other over and were mutually very impressed. Mutual hotness! They got on very well. Both had good manners and good banter.

But my guy! I picked badly. He, at an lds dance, kept telling us dirty jokes........ with hand symbols! To illustrate his points.

He was also rude and grabby! Oh well, you met a lot of frogs! So always meet and ...stay ....in public places! In Canada, Tim Hortons! In the US, the mall?

On 7/5/2017 at 10:01 PM, alilc said:

I believe most normal people, even the good looking ones, have a little anxiety about dating. Back when I was younger and in the dating pool, I found that just being friendly and nice was the best way to be. Don't try to impress the guys. Just be your friendly self. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be.