You have GOT to see this!

Sunday21

What are your picks for Movies & Tv that everyone should see?

I'll start.

Movies: Stranger than fiction - fictional character comes to life

Source Code - science fiction drama

My super ex-girlfriend

GroundHog Day 

Tv - Buffy the vampire slayer, Poirot (Belgian dectective in the U.K.)

Edited by Sunday21

35 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

My super ex-girlfriend

GroundHog Day 

I love Stranger than Fiction, my favorite Will Ferrell movie. One of the non-HD channels is airing Buffy episodes, it's been fun watching them again. I like Miss Marple but I've never been a Poirot fan.

There are certain movies I can watch multiple times, usually because I can have them in the background, still enjoy them without having to pay serious attention. I like The Intern (Robert Deniro, Anne Hathaway), The Martian (Chiwetel Ejiofor, Donald Glover), Limitless (Bradley Cooper), Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson).

For TV, PBS is now airing the newest episodes of Endeavor and in October they will air Season 3 of Poldark, but I must confess that I've already seen it since my daughter has a Smart TV Box and while I was kitty sitting I treated myself to Season 3. ? But I will be watching it again come October.

M.

Guest Godless
12 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I am getting more enjoyment out of Parks and Recreation than I thought possible.  Ron Swanson is my hero!

I recently started binge-watching that as well and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I agree with Stranger Than Fiction. I love seeing Will Ferrell in a serious role. Dan in Real Life helped me appreciate Steve Carrell in the same way.

Mona Lisa Smile has a good bit to say about feminism. (Liberal art history teacher at Wellesley women's college in the 1950s)

Corrina, Corrina manages to address grief and racial tensions using cuteness. 

Leverage and Firefly are TV series that explore various relationships (platonic, familial, and romantic), similar to Parks & Rec.

American Pickers is edutainment at its finest. Their passion for antiques is contagious.

If you want to fully appreciate a conversation with me in person, I recommend being very familiar with The Princess Bride, Psych, and Firefly (and it's accompanying movie Serenity).

12 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

What are your picks for Movies & Tv that everyone should see?

I'll start.

My super ex-girlfriend

GroundHog Day 

Leverage is fantastic!

i-zombie

White Collar

Revolution 

TV:  Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Alias, Magnum PI, Black Adder, Red Dwarf

Movies: Band of Brothers, Blackhawk Down, American Sniper, Alien, Aliens, 13 Hours, It's A Wonderful Life, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Outlaw Josey Wales...pretty much all the Clint Eastwood westerns.

I'm sure I watch Stranger Than Fiction monthly.

Lars and the Real Girl is another keeper. Ryan Gosling sinking deeper and deeper into himself to the concern of family and community... only to order a, ahem, sex doll off the internet and introduce her around town as his missionary girlfriend. It's an incredibly sweet movie.

Monk and Psych are two of the funniest shows I've ever seen. And if you haven't binge watched Stranger Things on Netflix, you need to get on that.

Edited by Backroads

Movies: "An Unfinished Life". "Jeremiah Johnson", ".The Milagro Beandfield War", "Slumdog Millionaire", "Captain Fantastic", "Mud", "Robot and Frank", "Chinatown", "L.A. Confidential", "L.A. Story","The Devil Wears Prada", "Holes"  ...I could go on  

TV: "Longmire", "The Sopranos", "The X-Files", "True Detective"

Short films: