fighting between members

roger

I have a good friend that is highly allergic to some types of foods. Another friend sometimes brings these types of foods for her children as snacks but tries to stay away from the allergic one. Now the allergic friend called the other friends workplace to try to get her in trouble with her boss. I am stuck in the middle and wondered if any have words of advice. 

Guest MormonGator

Old politicians saying-Never get involved in a dispute between two constituents. You lose two votes that way. 

I'm a very petty and shallow person, but even I wouldn't go so far to call someones boss to get them in trouble over something like this. There is probably more to the story than what you know .Rise above it my friend. Just don't get involved. 

Edited by MormonGator

Welcome, @roger!  I'm not going to offer advice because I stink at dealing with humans, but I will say that I've rarely regretted holding my tongue.  Perhaps let these two solve their own problems?  Unless you have priesthood stewardship over one or both, I'd do nothing more than perhaps ponder and pray.

I'm gonna just disagree with the advice already given only because you said "Good Friend".  Washing your hands like Pilate are not for good friends.  Good friends go and carry their friends' crosses.  

So yes, if this was my good friend I'd do something about it and try to bring these two to righteousness.  But before I even attempt at doing anything, I first have to make sure I know exactly what is going on and that I have prayed and pondered about how you can bring them closer to God.  Yep, I've had to figuratively bop a friend upside the head for doing something ridiculously moronic... that's what friends are for.

On February 26, 2018 at 8:40 PM, roger said:

I have a good friend that is highly allergic to some types of foods. Another friend sometimes brings these types of foods for her children as snacks but tries to stay away from the allergic one. Now the allergic friend called the other friends workplace to try to get her in trouble with her boss. I am stuck in the middle and wondered if any have words of advice. 

Not enough details for me to give specific advice. Who told you allergy friend tattled on good friend? Could that person have had ulterior motives? I have had tons of friends who haven't gotten along with each other for one reason or another, and I've found it's best to stay as neutral as possible. 

However, if good friend's livelihood is threatened (i.e., this dispute has put her in hot water at work and in danger of being fired) I recommend talking to allergic friend about the situation. Call them to repent and confess to good friend's boss (assuming whatever claims made were exaggerated or false) and also see if there's more going on that you aren't aware of between the two that could have caused the retaliation. It could be that both friends need a solid reminder about turning the other cheek.

On 27/02/2018 at 12:40 PM, roger said:

Stay out of it and don't get involved in any gossipy conversations, if one of them starts gossiping to you simply ask 'why are you telling me this'. Stops gossip in its tracks