water into wine

jewels8

4 hours ago, Traveler said:

Not to start an argument - I do not drink soda or alcohol - but it is my impression that sodas (especially caffeinated soda) are more detrimental to the long term health than the same amounts of alcohol (not hard liquor) - especially with children.

I'd give my children soda pop before I'd give them any alcoholic drink. That seems obvious.

As for sugar content: The typical can of soda pop has 150-170 calories. The typical can of beer has about 150 calories, almost the same as the soda pop. There's a reason it's called a "beer belly". So even from the standpoint of caloric intake, I don't see that beer has any real advantage. And of course, there's the matter of, you know, alcohol.

9 hours ago, mordorbund said:

I only drink pure distilled water. Take THAT commies.

I'm sorry.  PURE distilled water is water with absolutely nothing in it. No needed minerals, elements:

From ~ www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap4.pdf

Once the pdf file is opened, scroll to III  ~

Calcium, Na, K, CI, Mg, Fe, Zu, Cu, Cr, I, Co, Mo, and Se are unequivocally essential for human health; although not commonly realised drinking water provides some of these elements. A second group of elements that have some beneficial health effects, include F in the prevention of dental caries and B, Mn, Ni, Si and Va, that may be considered essential for humans based on emerging information.

Na = Sodium; K = Potassium; Ci = Chlorine; Mg = Magnesium; Fe = Iron; Zu = ?; Cu = Copper; Cr = Chromium; I = Iodine; Co = Cobalt; Mo = Molybdenum; Se = Selenium. F = Fluorine, B = Boron, Mn = Manganese, Ni = Nickel, Si = Silicon, Va = ?

Fluoridation in the water in Seattle, where I grew up, helped to prevent cavities. It was also given in pill form to my little brother from the time he was 18 months old to prevent the hemorrhages in his nose & sinus's. Where my mother grew up in Faith, SD there was an over abundance of F (Fluoride) in their well water - everyone in her family had the most beautiful teeth!

I started filtering water when I lived in Casa Grande, AZ in 2004. our tap water was the most horrible tasting & smelling water I had ever come across that hadn't come from sulpha springs or wells. I filtered out the stink and bad taste but didn't use the *Remove everything but the Wet* filter. Now that I am back to the Central Oregon Coast and on city water, I only filter out the excessive chlorine. Hubby thinks our city water is sweet and refreshing. But, remember, he has been drinking/using that horrible Casa Grande/Phoenix/Tempe AZ water since 1952!

@Vort you said:

There's a reason it's called a "beer belly".

It is not just from the sugar content, if it was the entire body would be big-fat. That beer belly or beer gut is from an enlarged liver due to the damaging effect of ethyl alcohol.

To prove that most bottled waters, but most especially Distilled water wasn't good for you, I challenged my neighbors teen son to take two identical plants, purchased at the same time from the local plant stand in town. Water one with tap water, the other with his preferred brand of Distilled water. After asking the owners of the plant stand how often to water the plants, he proceeded with the test. In 4 months the plant watered only with distilled water was well on it's way to dying. The other plant was flourishing and in need of being re-potted. He didn't like the taste of the tap water - well neither did I, so as a gift to him, I gave him a Brita refrigerator dispenser and two three packs of filters. He was also drinking Mt. Dew. Check out the ingredients why don't you. After googling all of the ingredients, he found that BVO is also the chemical in fire retardant clothes!

Edited by Iggy

On 9/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, jewels8 said:

We know that Jesus was and is without sin.  But why then, would he use the priesthood to turn water into an alcoholic beverage?  Or was the wine just grape juice?  I would definitely feel it would be sinful today if someone turned water into wine.  Has anyone else ever been bothered by this or puzzled by it as a child growing up or as an adult?  I would not feel right drinking wine, having it around, or if I were a goddess I would not feel comfortable performing a miracle like that

I only read the first post and no responses, but this is a joke right?  Are you serious about this @jewels8?