Dear Eric Swalwell (D)

mirkwood

56 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I believe most would refuse to follow unlawful orders.

As a matter of human psychology, I think it’s possible to get decent, peace-loving people to turn against their countrymen in relatively short order.  The American Civil War and the rise of the Third Reich demonstrate that.  But to make that work, as the song says, “you have to be carefully taught”; and the radical left hasn’t put a lot of thought into the fact that the people whose brute force they will need the most are also the people who trust them the least.

I would also add that government functionaries deeply fear the idea of “another Waco” playing out before the national press.  That played to the advantage of—e.g.—the FLDS during the 2008 YFZ raid; and the Bundy family’s ongoing antics.  If a nominal democracy like ours has to bring out the guns, then from a PR standpoint, in a very significant way, the government has already lost. 

It's easy.

You never ever mention the guns as the point of it.

The average citizen commits three felonies a day.

Prosecute.

Now you're a felon and can't have guns.

Repeat.

The government has no need to take the guns en masse. Not when it can imprison you essentially on demand because living is casually felonious.

Look  the government can just file suit and bankrupt the average citizen without ever having to lock you up or prove the case to its conclusion.

And to do so it never once needs to be about taking your guns or eradicating the second amendment. The back door is simply wide open to exploitation in the modern world.

Guest MormonGator
13 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Who do you think makes up the bulk of the militia?

Like I said-I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong. And to repeat myself, I am a firm believer the right to own a gun. 

Unfortunately though, I think I'm right. A "well trained" militia might put up a fight, but the US Military is the greatest fighting force alive. Given the resources of the government against the resources of the local militia, I still think the US military will win. 

It gives me great comfort to know that guys like @mirkwood think that the military/police officers would ignore illegal commands. I hope and pray that they do. 

28 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Like I said-I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong. And to repeat myself, I am a firm believer the right to own a gun. 

Unfortunately though, I think I'm right. A "well trained" militia might put up a fight, but the US Military is the greatest fighting force alive. Given the resources of the government against the resources of the local militia, I still think the US military will win. 

It gives me great comfort to know that guys like @mirkwood think that the military/police officers would ignore illegal commands. I hope and pray that they do. 

Secretly, Gator is digging an underground bunker in his Florida compound.  This is particularly challenging given the shallow water table found in the peninsular state.

I've seen his arsenal.  He has a rocket launcher in each corner of the compound.  And he just refuses to share with me.  Sure he's protected against government tyranny.  But what about his buddy Carb? Huh?

Fine friend he is.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Let's just make sure we're all on the same page about what happened.  It's a story about three twitter loudmouths off doing their thing.  

image.png.23cdea05d51f963e106c0a9915a1f525.png

So John and Joe are doing what your average 2nd amendment enthusiast twitter people like to do - be yellin' about how da gubment is out to come take their guns, and how that'll never happen because we gonna fight back.  And then the clueless guy from California shows up and does what they like to do - chimes in to talk about how the military has nukes and is stronger and better than a bunch of toothless hillbilly hicks and they'd win quickly.   I've seen this discussion a million times.  I've participated in various forms of it hundreds of times over the decades. 

The difference here, is the clueless guy from California is actually the Democratic U.S. Representative from California's 15th congressional district.  Usually the clueless liberal is just some random clueless liberal, but in this case, he's actually part of the government, which makes his clueless claim, well, a threat that the government will nuke it's own citizens if they resist liberal efforts to seize guns.  

Dood went on to clarify he was only joking/using sarcasm.  But he's doubled/tripled/quadrupled-down on his statement that, the USA won't lose to it's citizens:

image.png.42387bd991943b06669af2c380c67a2c.png

Swalwell is pretty dang scary.  One would think he's just sort of the laughing stock of the house, but one would think wrong.  He's actually in the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence committee, and is the ranking freaking member of the Subcommittee on the CIA.   So yeah, he shouldn't be.  Not with that level of cluelessness about the purpose and composition of the US government. 

If Mr. Swalwell genuinely thinks that's truly the case, then defenders of the second amendment will have to counter by licensing nukes to civilians. Surely he's not proposing an arms race?

Not as much concerned about Mr. Swalwell. He's just an idiot. Not even the Soviet Union or China nuked it's own citizens, and if those tyrannical regimes didn't do it, no one will. You don't win anything by destroying your own infrastructure. I'm actually not concerned about a confrontation with our military because they take their oaths seriously as a whole. A minor shooting incident in a riot that gets out of control like at Kent State? Sure. A massed assault on normal American citizens? I don't believe it. I've known a lot of servicemen and they just wouldn't do it. I believe a government order of that magnitude would instigate, best case scenario, an almost complete stand down of our own forces as they get rid of the leaders ordering that, or worst case a Civil War as the majority of our armed forces refuse the order and fight back against those who won't. Either would be a tragedy, but I trust our boys and girls in uniform a lot so I feel like the first scenario is far more likely.

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

Like I asked before:  Who do you think make up the bulk of the militia?

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Like I asked before:  Who do you think make up the bulk of the militia?

Probably ex-military men. But it doesn't matter.  Like I've said before, any militia against the United States Air Force/Marine Core/Army will lose unless there are multiple mutinies. 

Edited by MormonGator

19 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Probably ex-military men. But it doesn't matter.  Like I've said before, any militia against the United States Air Force/Marine Core/Army will lose unless there are multiple mutinies. 

When it comes to 2A... that would be active military including Mattis himself.

26 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Some.  You forget that USAF, USMC, USA, etc are citizens too. Additionally, each state has a militia that answers to the Governor.

Edited by Grunt

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Secretly, Gator is digging an underground bunker in his Florida compound.  This is particularly challenging given the shallow water table found in the peninsular state.

Actually, this is our fourth attempt. :(  We almost lost the south wall in the first attempt.  But don't worry, there are larger pumps on order.

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Grunt said:

Some.  You forget that USAF, USMC, USA, etc are citizens too. Additionally, each state has a militia that answers to the Governor.

They are citizens, and hopefully like @mirkwood said, they'd disobey an illegal order. 

However, it gets sort of gray when you can't determine what is and what isn't an illegal order. 

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd trample your rights in a heartbeat.  Everyone else is safe, though.

Thank God I have the Supreme Court on my side. On most days.