Soon...

mirkwood

Mathematically I can prove that Christmas and Halloween are the same day.  Follow if you can:

Christmas is Dec 25

Halloween is Oct 31

According to simple number theory of base 10 and base 8 numbers it is obvious that a decimal 25 written Dec 25 equals an octal 31 written Oct 31.  Thus Dec 25 = Oct 31

As a side note to all this - I am wondering if anyone can explain the official Latin names of the month --- Why is the 9th month named the 7th month, the 10th month named the 8th month, the 11th month named the 9th month and the 12th month named the tenth month?  How dumb are we????

The Traveler 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, Traveler said:

As a side note to all this - I am wondering if anyone can explain the official Latin names of the month --- Why is the 9th month named the 7th month, the 10th month named the 8th month, the 11th month named the 9th month and the 12th month named the tenth month?  How dumb are we????

The Traveler 

The months were named by the Romans, who originally had a 10 month calendar beginning in March. January and February were added later. They were initially placed at the end of the year, then moved to the beginning when the Gregorian calendar was established. 

"The Names of the Months" https://www.infoplease.com/calendars/months-seasons/names-months

Edited by Godless