Henry Vacuum Cleaner

Jamie123

3 hours ago, zil2 said:

I'd be perfectly happy if @Traveler wanted to drop by once a week and demonstrate the finer techniques of carpet and hard floor cleaning.  I think after a hundred or so lessons I might be ready to try it myself. :P

You greatly underestimate either my teaching abilities or your learning abilities. -- but then you have cats -- it may take more than once or twice.  😉

The Traveler

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

You greatly underestimate either my teaching abilities or your learning abilities. -- but then you have cats -- it may take more than once or twice.  😉

You greatly underestimate my ability to feign stupidity while letting you vacuum my carpet. ;)  And I only have one cat, with short hair. :D  But I do have 6 vacuum cleaners, so it may take you several visits to demonstrate their various technical advantages.

Edited by zil2

17 hours ago, zil2 said:

You greatly underestimate my ability to feign stupidity while letting you vacuum my carpet. ;)  And I only have one cat, with short hair. :D  But I do have 6 vacuum cleaners, so it may take you several visits to demonstrate their various technical advantages.

Hummmmmm -- maybe I whould have better luck training your cat.

The Traveler

17 hours ago, zil2 said:

Hmm.  Henry Hoover is a good name for a vacuum. :D  Looking forward to tomorrow's installment. :)

The American equivalent is "Herbert Hoover", that hit the scene in 1929. Not very popular, though performed better than expected given the circumstances. "Herbert Hoover" did not suck nearly as much as popular media of the time claimed.

Edited by Vort
Duuuuuuuuuuuh

13 hours ago, Vort said:

The American equivalent is "Herbert Hoover", that hit the scene in 1929. Not very popular, though performed better than expected given the circumstances. "Herbert Hoover" did not suck nearly as much as popular media of the time claimed. Replaced by FuDaR, easily the most overrated American appliance of the 20th century. Someone should carve "Overrated" into the side of a mountain.

Wrong one.

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2023 at 6:26 AM, Jamie123 said:

image.thumb.png.d7141be33219a95285e66ef57734c428.png

Sometimes, I lie awake at night wondering about Henry and his 2000 stripling vacuum cleaners. 

It occurs to me that a crossover with Will Wight's Cradle series would have Henry trained by Eithan - it would be fabulous! If you've never read this series, it's well worth it. It's also tons of fun - I'm not used to funny fantasy, but this Wight pulls it off like a pro. The books are fairly short (especially for fantasy), the series is now complete, and they just get better as you go. (It took me until book 3 to be totally committed, but I'm really, really glad I didn't give up on the series - it's unending fantastic from then on. I'll likely read it a second time in a few years.) Oh, and if you read them, be sure to look past the end, he has "bloopers" (as if it were a film instead of a book - really hilarious).

Edited by zil2

10 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

That's a vacuum cleaner? It looks pretty awkward to use, no wonder it was so henryish!

It's a whole lot faster than using a vacuum that covers less width in one pass.  That one looks smaller than the one at our stake center, which I think covers 3 feet in one pass. :)

23 minutes ago, zil2 said:

It's a whole lot faster than using a vacuum that covers less width in one pass.  That one looks smaller than the one at our stake center, which I think covers 3 feet in one pass. :)

So people would end up with nicely vacuumed feet? Is that a modern version of washing the dust off their feet?

31 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

So people would end up with nicely vacuumed feet? Is that a modern version of washing the dust off their feet?

.9144 meters.  Otherwise known as 91.44cm.  Otherwise known as 914.4mm  Happy?