LDS Church's New Managing Director for Church Communication

old

13 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Not even our sister forum MormonDialogue.org, where they literally talk every topic like this to death, are talking about this guy. 

Discussions on the OP-linked news article include the same stuff - whether started by the same person, heaven knows.  Even the SL Tribulation don't appear to have a discussion about him.  (But apparently there's a dude with the same last name in some band - or was in 2011.)

9 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Not even our sister forum MormonDialogue.org, where they literally talk every topic like this to death, are talking about this guy.   

It makes me wonder - @old, your opening post was a thoroughly researched and documented post.  Did you get this stuff from somewhere, or did you get it yourself?  I'm not demanding answers, but I would be interested if the work is yours or someone else's.

Oh no, I didn't get it myself.  I don't have that kind of time. But I do have places I go that provide me feeds (primarily twitter) that are highly reliable.

I don't follow Cwic Media on twitter or youtube . . . but that guys sources end up being the same sources I get access to.  He has tens of thousands of views, his two videos on this topic have ~75k views . . .that's not tiny. 

ExMoCringe on twitter also has SOME sources I use.  I am never the guy that goes and finds the original information...maybe once in a purple moon I'll find something no one else has somehow.

In general, I have access to the places where the LGBTQ+ wokites hang out...what they say, what they do when they think they are among friends.

I am slowly extracting myself from the LDS world; but I still deeply care about it, the people, etc.  It is/was my first religious love. And frankly, even if I am moving away from it, I do not want it to fall prey to this evil-because each Christian religion/denomination that does fall prey to it, causes the society and Christians in general to weaken.

I can tell you from all the sources I've got, including where many of the individuals that have been paraded out by the Church as the "model" LGBTQ+ latter-day saint (ensign articles written by them, given stage time at large-scale LDS events, etc.), WHEN they are with their friends and their allies they sing a completely different tune. 

They are very much into pushing the church, advocacy, etc. for full member privileges.  They are the very definition of snakes in the grass.

As one of them has said before, as long as they don't scare people-they wear a nice suit, tie, don't act too crazy, they "look" the part, then they are able to spread their ideology far and wide.  And they know that once they get the levers of power, they can use that to their advantage.  No one will dare oppose a LGBTQ+ affirming Bishop or Stake President, YW President . . . their eternal salvation would be at stake for doing so. 

How dare you oppose the openly queer YW President? She is Temple Worthy-so says the Bishop and Stake President.  Therefore, you are the one who is in need of repenting.

I give credit where credit is do.  The have been extremely patient and cunning.

14 minutes ago, zil2 said:

Discussions on the OP-linked news article include the same stuff - whether started by the same person, heaven knows.  Even the SL Tribulation don't appear to have a discussion about him.  (But apparently there's a dude with the same last name in some band - or was in 2011.)

Oh, don't worry...it will probably be mentioned.  However, one thing I've noticed on in wokite, rainbow land.

They very rarely celebrate their victories. Even when the DC Gay Men's Choir sings at the Temple Visitor Center in DC, 2019, 2022, (last year??), you generally won't hear a pip about it on their sites. Maybe one or two . . .but it's not enough.

They have a singular goal and singular complaint. They will never be satisfied until they get the whole enchilada. And everything is geared towards that singular goal.

10 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

We made it on Reddit through an Exmo.  Was that you, @old?

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/195bhm0/oh_no_new_lds_communications_director_supports/

Apparently we're the the only public site that qualifies as TBM.  And we're "losing it" over this appointment.  Hmm...  Interesting.

LOL . . .no reddit is a cesspool.  I never go there.

20 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

We made it on Reddit through an Exmo.  Was that you, @old?

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/195bhm0/oh_no_new_lds_communications_director_supports/

Apparently we're the the only public site that qualifies as TBM.  And we're "losing it" over this appointment.  Hmm...  Interesting.

But that is interesting.  The reddit exmo post was made 5 days ago, which was when the thread was created.  I had no clue about the video when I posted . . or I probably would have posted the video too!  I only found out about the video a day ago.

So that's interesting . . . someone is definitely watching this forum (insider or lurker . . who knows)!

addendum:  I don't astroturf.  That to me is dishonest.

Edited by old

10 minutes ago, old said:

The reddit exmo post was made 5 days ago, which was when the thread was created.

That is even more interesting.  I read all the posts from Friday.  We were all just trying to verify things.  Few comments were made at all.  I believe the only thing that could be taken negatively was my comment about having misgivings about him being given the new position in the Church.

To the lurker exmormon, if that's what you consider "losing it" I now understand why people call Reddit a cesspool.  I guess you've got to hype it up as much as you can.

But on the bright side, it was your thread that satisfied those concerns.  One of the responders posted:

he is very much a progressive TBM. He also has a child who is a LGBTQ+ person. I don’t pretend to understand how he walks this line but he does.

If true, that is certainly a rare unicorn.

I don't care what his political leanings.  But if he stays true to his covenants (my definition of TBMs) then I don't have a problem with him.

Again, I'm trusting the words of a complete stranger until I have reason to believe otherwise.

Edited by Carborendum

Exmo lurker( if you exist)-if you want to talk with us, feel free to start. We won’t bite. And if you are nervous, I totally get it. 99.9% of people here, even those I don’t get along with, are wonderful people. So if you are out there, wade into the pool.  

You just might be surprised. 

Edited by LDSGator

Yep, anyone is welcome to come here and post, as long as you follow the site rules.   We are not a place to voice criticisms of the church or debate the pros and cons of LDS doctrine or theology, but if ya wanna come talk or ask questions, we're it.

Mormondialogue.org lets folks debate and criticize their little hearts out, so that's always an option too.

7 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yep, anyone is welcome to come here and post, as long as you follow the site rules.   We are not a place to voice criticisms of the church or debate the pros and cons of LDS doctrine or theology, but if ya wanna come talk or ask questions, we're it.

Mormondialogue.org lets folks debate and criticize their little hearts out, so that's always an option too.

The biggest danger an exmo has here is that @NeuroTypical might turn them into a brony. 

😉

IMG_4928.pngI’m stunned they have a picture of this, but here it is. 

Nothing but love NT. 

Edited by LDSGator

5 hours ago, old said:

This is all stylish, academic and whatnot . . . .until it becomes real. When your kids start becoming indoctrinated at Church to love all things LGBTQ+. When transgender cabins at youth camps are a thing, when same-sex pick-ups occur at youth dances, etc. etc. etc.

When it doesn't affect you or the kids you are raising, what you say is all wonderful.  But then it does affect your kids, your ward is infected, the ward next to you is infected, this stake, that stake . . . at some point . . .the theoretical "trust God and STAY IN THE CHURCH" becomes "trust God and flee the Church to a place where your children will be raised to be Christian".

The hardest things for traditionalist in the Church is to accept and recognize that many people leaving are not the people where left of yesterday.  Many who previously left no longer believed in God, Christ, any Christian values.

Many today are leaving precisely BECAUSE of Christian values, BECAUSE they believe in God, Christ, traditional values and see it is not being taught, preached or practiced in the Church and they are leaving for other locations that do teach it.

The only thing left individuals have to say "you MUST STAY", why? "because the Church is true".  Okay, sure, but why when my kids are being indoctrinated into all manner of false idols and false gods and perversion? "it doesn't matter, you must stay!".

Okay, I hear you.  Appreciate the input-walk a mile in my shoes before requiring me to sacrifice my children upon the alter of the LGBTQ+ woke god infecting the LDS church.

I remained active in the church because in my mid teens I prayed for and received a spiritual assurance that the church was true. I like to think that it would take a similar experience for me to leave the church - not a change in teaching or doctrine or leadership or communications directors - but a spiritual experience, as clear and as reliable as the experience that first led me to continue coming to church.  Anything less would be open to questioning and doubt.

4 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

I remained active in the church because in my mid teens I prayed for and received a spiritual assurance that the church was true. I like to think that it would take a similar experience for me to leave the church - not a change in teaching or doctrine or leadership or communications directors - but a spiritual experience, as clear and as reliable as the experience that first led me to continue coming to church.  Anything less would be open to questioning and doubt.

I like that attitude.  I think I agree. 

But when the question is shoved up in my face:

What would you do id the 1P+Q12 produced a statement accepting gay marriage in the temple and allowing trans men (women pretending to be men) to hold the priesthood?

Then you really have to ask yourself some tough questions.  At this point, I don't seriously consider this happening.  But as a thought experiment or Socratic discussion...

2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I like that attitude.  I think I agree. 

But when the question is shoved up in my face:

Then you really have to ask yourself some tough questions.  At this point, I don't seriously consider this happening.  But as a thought experiment or Socratic discussion...

I've posted before something along the lines that if the prophet says the moon is blue on Tuesday, but to me it looks green, then it is obviously blue no matter what I see. And if on Wednesday the prophet says the moon is orange and it has always been orange but to me it still looks green, then that one goes in the too hard for now basket and I need to start thinking about getting my eyes checked. Almost any other attitude creates risks.

Just now, askandanswer said:

I've posted before something along the lines that if the prophet says the moon is blue on Tuesday, but to me it looks green, then it is obviously blue no matter what I see. And if on Wednesday the prophet says the moon is orange and it has always been orange but to me it still looks green, then that one goes in the too hard for now basket and I need to start thinking about getting my eyes checked. Almost any other attitude creates risks.

It is NOT made of green cheese!!!  Don't let your eyes fool you.  It's just an old wives' tale.

:D 

1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

It is NOT made of green cheese!!!  Don't let your eyes fool you.  It's just an old wives' tale.

:D 

Well I think the latest data from the James Webb telescope is that every 487 years, on Thursdays, there is a brief moment of transubstantiation when the moon actually turns into cheese, although the coloUr is still a bit uncertain. And interestingly, the person who made this discovery, actually was a wife in her early 60's.