Illegals at a military base in Virginia

Recently in the news two Illegals from Jordon attempted to get on a military base in Virginia.  There are several things that bother me about this news story.  First – as I understand the release was a bit of a mistake because a local reporter got the story out.  It was not discovered by national news outlets or released by our government.  Because the illegals involved had no weapons or means to threaten anyone on the base – we are being told that there is nothing to be concerned about.  I do not believe this for a second.

When I was in the army, the enlisted stationed at the bases withing country were not allowed to have weapons except for designated training or assignments (like the rifle range training or qualification).  This means that other than MP's – no one is armed.  None MP gate guards are not armed.  This is different than what takes place in a war time theater zone.

It is my impression that our current presidential leadership (president being directly over the military) is somewhat asleep at the wheel.  What I believe is taking place is intelligence gathering to determine protocols at military entry gates for possible intrusions.  Granted it has been a while since I was in the military and back then the concentration was combat centered rather the DEI.  I was trained that gathered intelligence has a short shelf life.  Thus, the primary reason to gather intelligence is most likely for an eminent plan of action.

I am pondering that the security of the average citizen of this nation is currently at greater risk than ever before in our nation’s history.  It may be possible that correcting the threat we are now experiencing will be problematic if corrective actions are not taken before our next election.  All because we are too politically divided and the politics, especially of one particular party, seems to be supportive of insurgent elements imbedded in our society – from our borders to our educational institutions. 

The Traveler

7 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I am pondering that the security of the average citizen of this nation is currently at greater risk than ever before in our nation’s history.  It may be possible that correcting the threat we are now experiencing will be problematic if corrective actions are not taken before our next election.  All because we are too politically divided and the politics, especially of one particular party, seems to be supportive of insurgent elements imbedded in our society – from our borders to our educational institutions. 

There is another angle to this that has seemed to fly right over people's heads.

A great majority of the Pro-Palestine campus protesters are Palestinian illegal immigrants.  They came here under the guise of asylum to create all these protests.  The actual naturalized citizen population + Palestinian ethnic decent is not enough to count for the number of protesters at these events.  The balance must come from a combination of illegal immigrants and non-Palestinians.  But from the videos and photos I've seen so far, the vast majority appear to be ethnically Palestinian.

Let's be clear about what happened. Two Jordanian immigrants, one of whom was apparently on a watch list, attempted to enter Quantico base. They failed. They didn't have the proper credentials to enter, and barriers at the checkpoint were sufficient to stop them when they tried to proceed without authorization. Both men are now in ICE custody. Looks like the base security worked exactly how it was supposed to. 

Link

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

A great majority of the Pro-Palestine campus protesters are Palestinian illegal immigrants. They came here under the guise of asylum to create all these protests. 

So, are they illegal immigrants or are they asylum-seekers? Which is it? Because it can't be both. Exploiting the asylum program can be argued as morally unethical, but that's not the same as illegal. IIRC, the 9/11 hijackers were here legally. 

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

They came here under the guise of asylum to create all these protests. The actual naturalized citizen population + Palestinian ethnic decent is not enough to count for the number of protesters at these events. The balance must come from a combination of illegal immigrants and non-Palestinians.  But from the videos and photos I've seen so far, the vast majority appear to be ethnically Palestinian.

How do you differentiate Palestinians from other Arab immigrants/citizens? It's naive to assume that other Arab Americans won't stand in solidarity with Palestinians, and there are 10x more Arab Americans living legally in the US than there are known* Palestinians.

*Palestinians are a stateless people, so their numbers in the US, even prior to the current genocide, are likely underreported. Those who immigrated here had their origin documented, but most of those immigrated over 40 years ago. So, quite a few of today's census-documented Arab Americans are conceivably second generation Palestinian citizens who check the "Arabic" box on the census. 

Edited by Phoenix_person

19 minutes ago, Phoenix_person said:

*Palestinians are a stateless people

Sincere question. I do not understand this statement. The State of Palestine is recognized by the UN, and has at least functionally been recognized even by Israel since at least 1994, arguably earlier. It comprises the West Bank (northwest shore of the Dead Sea and the land adjacent to it, including half of Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip (on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea, between Israel and Egypt). How, then, are Palestinians stateless?

33 minutes ago, Vort said:

Sincere question. I do not understand this statement. The State of Palestine is recognized by the UN, and has at least functionally been recognized even by Israel since at least 1994, arguably earlier. It comprises the West Bank (northwest shore of the Dead Sea and the land adjacent to it, including half of Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip (on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea, between Israel and Egypt). How, then, are Palestinians stateless?

I don’t really understand either, but here’s what I found.

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/04/1196979690/why-millions-of-palestinians-living-in-arab-countries-are-stateless

1 hour ago, Phoenix_person said:

So, are they illegal immigrants or are they asylum-seekers? Which is it? Because it can't be both.

I can't argue with that.  You know exactly what I mean by it, though.

Exploiting the asylum program can be argued as morally unethical, but that's not the same as illegal. IIRC, the 9/11 hijackers were here legally. 

Thank you for making my point.

When I got my green card and was later sworn in to become an American Citizen, I absolutely wanted to be part of America and adopt its culture.  While I still have interest in Korean culture as a matter of study and heritage, my identity is that of an American.

How do you differentiate Palestinians from other Arab immigrants/citizens? It's naive to assume that other Arab Americans won't stand in solidarity with Palestinians, and there are 10x more Arab Americans living legally in the US than there are known* Palestinians.

Pretty good point.  I don't know if I can differentiate. 

I just looked at a whole bunch of statistics on Palestinan Americans vs the numbers of people at campus protests and how many campuses... A whole bunch of math later... it didn't seem to fit.

Then I considered how so many border crossings were clearly organized.  They had people with specifically prepared backpacks that all seemed uniform in their contents with paperwork "from the UN" telling these people what words to say and what to put in their backpacks, etc.  This was orchestrated.  So, I have to ask: By whom?

To your point that they have been backed by a bunch of non-Palestinian Muslims?  Possibly, even probably.  I guess we'll never know the percentages because no one has really looked into it.

Edited by Carborendum

1 hour ago, Vort said:

Palestine's statehood is complicated, to say the least. For starters, over 6 million Palestinians are living outside of the borders of Israel and Palestine, most of them in neighboring countries. Palestinian right of return is an issue that, as I understand it, is still unresolved and contentious. Palestinian refugees have a country, but are unable to return there. And it's not like they could all return if they wanted to. Not when Israel's population is growing to a point that Israeli settlements are testing the integrity of Palestine's sovereignty (which, to be clear, doesn't exist; Palestine is an occupied state).

As for the UN, they recognize Palestine as a non-member observer state. This puts them in the same category as the Holy See, though I'm sure the Pope is able to move freely within the Vatican City without encountering Italian roadblocks and checkpoints. 

Anyone who says things are going okay in this nation is not paying attention to this:

Stifle oil/gas production
Open the border
Embrace trans insanity and Mutilating children
Spend tens of billions on a war with Russia
Support the Chinese Communists

Support Black Lives Matter & ANTIFA
Defund the cops
Degrade the military
Print endless $$
Sanctify homeless drug addicts
Encourage street crime
Attack agriculture
Celebrate perversion
Lock people down for months and damage your economy severely from an artificial plague
Attack the Bill of Rights

15 hours ago, Phoenix_person said:

...though I'm sure the Pope is able to move freely within the Vatican City without encountering Italian roadblocks and checkpoints. 

And I'm sure that the Pope is not calling for the extermination of the entire nation of people right next door.

22 hours ago, Phoenix_person said:

Palestine's statehood is complicated, to say the least. For starters, over 6 million Palestinians are living outside of the borders of Israel and Palestine, most of them in neighboring countries. Palestinian right of return is an issue that, as I understand it, is still unresolved and contentious. Palestinian refugees have a country, but are unable to return there. And it's not like they could all return if they wanted to. Not when Israel's population is growing to a point that Israeli settlements are testing the integrity of Palestine's sovereignty (which, to be clear, doesn't exist; Palestine is an occupied state).

As for the UN, they recognize Palestine as a non-member observer state. This puts them in the same category as the Holy See, though I'm sure the Pope is able to move freely within the Vatican City without encountering Italian roadblocks and checkpoints. 

There has never been a Palestinian State.  The Middle East has always been multicultural.  One would think that those trying to live there would figure out how to get along with other cultures.  Having visited Israel – I was amazed with how many religions are tied to the area.  The only place I discovered would not allow an established secondary religious worship facility was anywhere under Palestinian authority.

I have also visited Vatican City and I experienced that no one enters that city without permission and crossing a check point – It is was not easier than passing check points in Isarel.

The Traveler