Green Tea HP

skalenfehl

Can you imagine? "Thus saith the Lord, thou shall not stain thine hands with the fruit of the sneakers, or the fruit of the twix or any fruit of any cocoa fruit or the candy thereof from hence forth..."

News brief: Widespread panic and upheaval in the church, a breakaway faction in Idaho declares they will continue to eat chocolate no matter what...hehehehe, too much fun.

And in other news, the Relief Society and Young Women programs have ceased to function as their members struggle to cope with the loss of a crucial nutrient for women.

;)

Edited by Seanette
fixing typo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dairy Queen fry sauce is awesome. I guess you mix ketchup and mayo (or salad dressing) together, add a bit of mustard or pixie dust and *poof* the equal partner to the glorious french fry. I guess it's a regional thing cause my fiance says the Dairy Queen in Philly doesn't have it :(

Dairy Queen fry sauce is awesome. I guess you mix ketchup and mayo (or salad dressing) together, add a bit of mustard or pixie dust and *poof* the equal partner to the glorious french fry. I guess it's a regional thing cause my fiance says the Dairy Queen in Philly doesn't have it :(

It's regional. Never heard of it in Alaska, had to move to Utah to be introduced to it. Its a glorious unless you are trying to watch what you eat, essentially pouring corn syrup and soybean (or other oil) onto your deep fried potatoes doesn't make them any healthier, I will concede it makes them tastier though.

Edited by Dravin

It's regional. Never heard of it in Alaska, had to move to Utah to be introduced to it. Its a glorious unless you are trying to watch what you eat, essentially pouring corn syrup and soybean (or other oil) onto of your deep fried potatoes doesn't make them any healthier, I will concede it makes them tastier though.

Truly, those of us in the Mountain West are blessed indeed :cool:

When we recently went to San Diego, one of my teenage sons asked for fry sauce...they looked at him like What??? He didn't realize it was pretty much a Utah thing.

When we recently went to San Diego, one of my teenage sons asked for fry sauce...they looked at him like What??? He didn't realize it was pretty much a Utah thing.

That's always fun when the Fast Food Guy looks at you like you're on crack. Doesn't even have to be something they don't carry, they just call it something else. I grew up with deep fried and spiced potato wedges (like these) being called Jo Jos, when my Mom asked for some in Utah the person behind the counter looked at her like she'd just ordered a bottle of dehydrated water or something.

What???? Places don't carry dehydrated water? It's funny...when I was in high school I worked for a freeze dried and dehydrated food store...We actually, as a joke, sold the #10 cans with the label "dehydrated water." Add one gallon of water to produce one gallon of water.

What???? Places don't carry dehydrated water? It's funny...when I was in high school I worked for a freeze dried and dehydrated food store...We actually, as a joke, sold the #10 cans with the label "dehydrated water." Add one gallon of water to produce one gallon of water.

In the Airforce we had the newbies to go to CTK (The place they store parts for the planes) and pick up some Flight line.:D

From the Wikipedia:

In Iceland, a condiment similar to fry sauce called Kokkteilsósa ("cocktail sauce") is popular.[2] Originally, the sauce was used with prawn cocktails—hence the name—but in course of time, it became indispensable with French fried potatoes. However, Icelanders use the sauce with more or less all food, including hamburgers, hotdogs, and fried fish. Most Icelanders claim that this condiment was invented in Iceland in the 1950s.[citation needed]

In France, many Turkish restaurants and other fast-food establishments serve fry sauce and call it sauce américaine; it is also common for customers to request "ketchup-mayo"--a dab of mayonnaise and a dab of ketchup--alongside their french fries at such places. Both American sauce and the more thousand-island like sauce cocktail (somewhat similar to that of Iceland) can often be found in supermarkets, and occasionally also premixed "ketchup-mayo."[3][4]

In Argentina, a similar condiment known as salsa golf, or "golf sauce," is a popular dressing for fries, burgers, and steak sandwiches. According to tradition, the sauce was invented by Nobel laureate and restaurant patron Luis Federico Leloir at the "Golf Club" in Mar del Plata, Argentina. [5]

In Germany, a popular product called 'Rot Weiss', meaning 'red white' is sold in toothpaste-style tubes, and consists of ketchup and mayonnaise.

In the United Kingdom, fry sauce is commonly known as burger sauce. Often with added mustard.[6]

In Ireland the sauce is commonly known as "special sauce" due to its specialness and is enjoyed as an accompaniment to chicken goujons.

In Macedonia, liberal amounts of ketchup and mayonnaise are often served with grilled sandwiches, French fries, and the ubiquitous Balkan hamburger-like pleskavica.

In Puerto Rico, the sauce is commonly known "mayoketchup" and is prepared with ketchup, mayonnaise, garlic and a hint of lemon. The sauce is often used as a dip for sorullos and other fried dishes as part of the traditional cuisine of Puerto Rico.

In Brazil, many fast food restaurants provide "rosé sauce" (equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup, sometimes with hot sauce added) alongside the traditional ketchup and mustard with fries and onion rings.

Our missionaries have left their mark on the international community.

:)

This is not "religious" related, but my DH is an MD, and Green Tea is actually not that great for you. It can really mess with your heart.

Just an FYI.

You usually hear about it being so great from homeopathic avenues... MD's really don't like the effects of it on the human body.

Agreed. It can certainly aggravate an irregular heartbeat. I learned from personal experience. Now it's just chamomile and the herby stuff.^_^

The words of wisdom are defiantly . . . wise.