When did you realize your getting old?

hordak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the airmen guarding the nearby Air Force base stopped being ooh la la cute and became awww cute.

When I couldn't read the size on a sewing machine needle...I thought I was bleary-eyed (it was late!) and then it hit me. I took off my glasses and could read it. Sigh.

When I lost the ability to lose five pounds by thinking about it.

When I started working alongside the kids I used to teach Sunday School, rather than with them.

I thought "This must be how ABC and XYZ must have felt when I started working with them"... I've been calling ABC and XYZ's age group the "Old folks" for years and years now.

I'm only 22!

But through every stage of my life, I've enjoyed how I've matured to that point. I don't think I've really ever felt old, but I've always felt as though I were at the best point in my life.

When I realized that I am now only 4 years away from 40. That's right! 40!

My oldest is graduating highschool and the youngest is graduating junior high...

I was wearing 3 inch heals yesterday and my son's a good 3 inches taller than me still...

ummm... what else? when I realized I can't add in my head any more..that was a sad sad day!

the list could go on and on... oh! and I've got eye crinkles when I smile! eye crinkles! can you believe it???

The older you get the older, "old" becomes. The other day i saw 90210 on tv and thought man those kids look young. Then i remembered when it was first on tv and how old the actors looked.

Then i realized.I'm getting old:(

Or maybe they hired younger actors this time :)

So when did you realize you were getting old?

were not getting older "they" are just getting younger.:)

When I started working alongside the kids I used to teach Sunday School, rather than with them.

I thought "This must be how ABC and XYZ must have felt when I started working with them"... I've been calling ABC and XYZ's age group the "Old folks" for years and years now.

I'm only 22!

But through every stage of my life, I've enjoyed how I've matured to that point. I don't think I've really ever felt old, but I've always felt as though I were at the best point in my life.

You're only 22. No wonder you've never felt old. :P

Guest GhostRider

My old moments..I started to say dad phrases " Darn brain damaged teenagers!!!"

recently it was when I started to bull ride. I am 37 now andIts funny when the "kids" find out I am almost half thier age well...I get a lot of "WOW! I hope I age as gracefully as you!"

Geeeesh

My old moments..I started to say dad phrases " Darn brain damaged teenagers!!!"

recently it was when I started to bull ride. I am 37 now andIts funny when the "kids" find out I am almost half thier age well...I get a lot of "WOW! I hope I age as gracefully as you!"

Geeeesh

I had a moment like that. I saw some teens and knew they were up to no good.

Guest SisterofJared

I'm vacationing right now. Saturday night we had a get-together with my cousins. My 'best' cousin that I partied with as a teenager was there.... and we looked around the room and realized that we are now the older generation. Out of the parents, only my mother is left, and today we are the grandparents, and in fact, some of us are great-grandparents, and it is WIERD! Because we still feel like we did at 18. Only none of us smoke any illegal substances now. LOL.

SoJ

The pain in my lower back, the stiffness in my joints and the longer recovery periods after muscle soreness that come from a long day of work or intense workout. Oh, did I mention, how it hurts sitting or kneeling in one position for too long and my ankles and knees get stiff, making it hard to stand up again? :D