Animals in heaven

georgia2

We have been promised that man can't even imagine how great and wonderful the things are that our Heavenly Father has prepared for us. So I can imagine our pets through the years that have passed on will be with us after the reserection. I have even heard people say that this is true.

What I think will be cool is when they can tell us how they felt, where the heck they were that weekend they didn't come home and what they saw that I didn't get to! I think it would be GREAT to be able to communicate with our past pets to understand all we couldn't here on earth.:tongueflower:

I agree, I wonder what our pets experienced as they lived with us here on earth. They certainly have light and needed our love....and gave love to us. I remember our family pets vividly while growing up, the good and the bad (like the rabbit that bit me out of it's cage, LOL...) It will be interesting to know more about them.

One of our kittens died a few months ago. My kids asked whether we would see her again. I told them that I thought that we would get to see her, but I kinda think that she will scamper off to her own little bit of kitty heaven (mmm...that big bowl of heavy cream) after we see that she is okay. Just my thoughts.

I would imagine some animals may not want to be with their owners, but I have had pets that loved me as much as I loved them. I had a kitty that lived 23 years and she was with me EVERY NIGHT and every time I moved she moved to so she could get as close to me as possible. I really do think we will have all of our loved ones in heaven!

The question is, resurrected to what? Would you be disappointed if animals are not with you but seeking their own progression?

Something to think about....but if you feel I am wrong, then look at any visions or dreams and you will find something missing in the picture. :)

Yes is the answer to your question I would be bitterly disappointed. Like the Friend article which said it wouldn't be heaven without them, and the idea for me with some of my pets is as sad as not having any other member of the family

-Charley

We have been promised that man can't even imagine how great and wonderful the things are that our Heavenly Father has prepared for us. So I can imagine our pets through the years that have passed on will be with us after the reserection. I have even heard people say that this is true.

What I think will be cool is when they can tell us how they felt, where the heck they were that weekend they didn't come home and what they saw that I didn't get to! I think it would be GREAT to be able to communicate with our past pets to understand all we couldn't here on earth.:tongueflower:

It is not my intent to burst anyone bubble concerning their pets. Although there will be animals in “heaven” the concepts of being sealed to them is not part of our mission on earth. (see D&C 132:7). I am sure that we should love the animals in our care – but this is not to be confused with or in any way to replace our love of G-d and our neighbor. I personally believe that thinking of our pets in terms similar to our relationship with G-d’s children (our human family and neighbors) is not a wise distraction.

The Traveler

It is not my intent to burst anyone bubble concerning their pets. Although there will be animals in “heaven” the concepts of being sealed to them is not part of our mission on earth. (see D&C 132:7). I am sure that we should love the animals in our care – but this is not to be confused with or in any way to replace our love of G-d and our neighbor. I personally believe that thinking of our pets in terms similar to our relationship with G-d’s children (our human family and neighbors) is not a wise distraction.

The Traveler

If I welcome any of God's creatures into my home whether they be hairless, or have 4 paws and a tail they become part of my family. My cat is glaring at your post as we speak lol - My pets are very important to me and are cared for just like anyone else would be.,

-Charley

Yes is the answer to your question I would be bitterly disappointed. Like the Friend article which said it wouldn't be heaven without them, and the idea for me with some of my pets is as sad as not having any other member of the family

-Charley

The problem leads to another open end question - what is heaven? :D What are we expecting it to be like?

I do see lesser intelligence progressing and I would not want to stop that progression for them, with achieving the pinnacle of what we desired prior to our intelligence. What was our form prior to inhabitation of our spirit body? Another open end question....but we are told, we were fashioned after our Heavenly parent. Right?

The problem leads to another open end question - what is heaven? :D What are we expecting it to be like?

I do see lesser intelligence progressing and I would not want to stop that progression for them, with achieving the pinnacle of what we desired prior to our intelligence. What was our form prior to inhabitation of our spirit body? Another open end question....but we are told, we were fashioned after our Heavenly parent. Right?

You didn't ask if I would accept it - you asked if I would be disappointed and yes I would.

-Charley

What would be wrong with being with our pets in Heaven?! Why wouldn't we be able to do that?! Would there be some law against that? I doubt it! Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in the details of what we think Heaven will look like that we make it overly complex. If the animal and the owner loved each other (as much as the animal and owner were able to) and want to be together again, what would keep them from getting together again in Heaven?! I don't know. I remember as a little girl, being reassured by my mother that I would be together again with my lost and dead pets, they meant so much to me. I don't doubt that I will be reunited with them at some point again, if that is what they want too....

Traveler, your post to this is a prime example of why I have you on Ignore. You add words, phrases, meanings where non were put, meant or even hinted at. Plus you flat will not respond when challanged.

Where in Georgia's post, or any one else's post does she/they state that we will be SEALED to our pets??? Where is it even hinted at?

I hope that our pets will be reunited with us in the eternities. I loved all of my pets and I mourned them when they passed.

I too, hope that we will be able to communicate easily with them so that I can find out if I was a good care giver to them. I also want to know if my cats communicated telepathically with each other, or if that was just my vivid imagination.

Originally Posted by Traveler Posted Image

It is not my intent to burst anyone bubble concerning their pets.(then why bring it up at all, yes you do want to burst bubbles) Although there will be animals in “heaven” the concepts of being sealed to them is not part of our mission on earth. (see D&C 132:7). I am sure that we should love the animals in our care – but this is not to be confused with or in any way to replace our love of G-d and our neighbor.(where did you get this from?? In whose post?? I personally believe that thinking of our pets in terms similar to our relationship with G-d’s children (our human family and neighbors) is not a wise distraction. Again, where in all of the posts before yours did you read that?? I never got that from any of the posts. I loved my pets- Animals- just as much as I do God. Isn't loving ALL of God's creatures and creations the same as loving God? There is absolutely nothing wrong with loving pets, animals, trees, plants, etc. with the same fierce love that we have for God and His son, Jesus Christ. After all, was it not Christ that made everything, repeat EVERYTHING, on Earth?!

The Traveler

What would be wrong with being with our pets in Heaven?! Why wouldn't we be able to do that?! Would there be some law against that? I doubt it! Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in the details of what we think Heaven will look like that we make it overly complex. If the animal and the owner loved each other (as much as the animal and owner were able to) and want to be together again, what would keep them from getting together again in Heaven?! I don't know. I remember as a little girl, being reassured by my mother that I would be together again with my lost and dead pets, they meant so much to me. I don't doubt that I will be reunited with them at some point again, if that is what they want too....

Thanks for being candor. :)

Heaven is not overly complex...and I do see many do get wrapped around mortal life and expect everything will remain as it is in the next versus what GOD has plans for. This is an issue. Nor do I want to prevent any lesser intelligence from progression.

Yes! I do BELIEVE we will have that opportunity to communicate with them but still, having them be at our whims because we want it, I don't get it. :confused:

Thanks for being candor. :)

Heaven is not overly complex...and I do see many do get wrapped around mortal life and expect everything will remain as it is in the next versus what GOD has plans for. This is an issue. Nor do I want to prevent any lesser intelligence from progression.

Yes! I do BELIEVE we will have that opportunity to communicate with them but still, having them be at our whims because we want it, I don't get it. :confused:

I guess you have never owned a cat or a small terrier - they are never at our whims, quite the reverse:)

-Charley

Hemi, I do not think anyone said they wished their beloved pets to be at their "whims"...and I think we (pet lovers) feel that they may WANT to see/interact with us.

Charley, I have animals as FRIENDS, including a cat and dog that died last year to pet poisoning and died in my arms. Now what was you point? :lol:

TG, they will have opporunity to interact with those considered celestial beings as they progress but nothing less.

I am sorry to hear of your loss, my point being that my pets have always had me more at their whim than the reverse, I doubt that would change if anything it would be less so

-Charley

No animals aren't sealed to us, but then again, they are sinless so would by nature inherit the highest realm. Then, if so, those who lived with us on earth, loved us genuinely like we loved them, then OF course they would want to be with our family just like here.

Home can be a heaven on earth ............ my heaven includes my cats, dogs, and even birds.

When our Siamese fighting fish died, my 5 year old grand daughter said we will see him again in heaven. NOw, she is 10 and whenever that subject arises she reminds me not to forget "Reddy".

I am not sure how it will work and when I think of all the pets I have had (wow). But i have thought a lot about where the scriptures say not even a sparrow falls from the sky without the heavens taking notice (sorry if that isn't worded exactly right). But my point is that heavenly father has it all worked out and we know that anything he has created here on earth was created spiritually in heaven first. When my kids were little, I used to tell them that when we go to heaven they will be able to pet the lions and tigers, because they would only eat grass. (I hope I was right) I think of the role that animals played in my young life, they gave me unconditional love and compassion, when no humans did. I can't imagine that they won't be in heaven where we hopefully are someday.:)

Traveler, your post to this is a prime example of why I have you on Ignore. You add words, phrases, meanings where non were put, meant or even hinted at. Plus you flat will not respond when challanged.

Where in Georgia's post, or any one else's post does she/they state that we will be SEALED to our pets??? Where is it even hinted at?

I hope that our pets will be reunited with us in the eternities. I loved all of my pets and I mourned them when they passed.

I too, hope that we will be able to communicate easily with them so that I can find out if I was a good care giver to them. I also want to know if my cats communicated telepathically with each other, or if that was just my vivid imagination.

Thank you Iggy for considering my post. If I am on ignore, I understand. My youth is closely associated with a dog I cared for from the time she was 2 days old. We enjoyed many great adventures - in her old age (a few months after I returned from my mission) she was poisoned by a peeping Tom that felt she interfered with his "innocent" efforts.

Because of the bond I had with my pet I would not allow the vet to put her down – I felt that was something I had to do. I am not sure that anyone is closer to their pet that I was to mine. It is interesting to me that “animal lovers” have now made laws which will not allow owners to put down their own pets, thinking their love of animals is greater than those like me. Perhaps your love of animals is greater than mine.

As much as we love animals and wish to be with them, I do think such love pails compared to a covenant of love we make with our spouse and G-d in Holy Matrimony. The covenant I have made to my wife and family does not include pets. Those that, in their minds, have included pets as part of their family – I believe dilute their sacred covenants. If this defines heaven then I believe there is a heaven you will find suiting. I will not fault you for your choice and wish you every happiness in it. It is just that I believe the most important focus and greatest good comes from insuring and doing all that is possible to be sealed to our human family because as wonderful as pet are they will not in eternity make up the joy of a lost human soul.

I do not see wisdom is seeking covenants that G-d does not offer.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Thank you Iggy for considering my post. If I am on ignore, I understand. My youth is closely associated with a dog I cared for from the time she was 2 days old. We enjoyed many great adventures - in her old age (a few months after I returned from my mission) she was poisoned by a peeping Tom that felt she interfered with his "innocent" efforts.

Because of the bond I had with my pet I would not allow the vet to put her down – I felt that was something I had to do. I am not sure that anyone is closer to their pet that I was to mine. It is interesting to me that “animal lovers” have now made laws which will not allow owners to put down their own pets, thinking their love of animals is greater than those like me. Perhaps your love of animals is greater than mine.

As much as we love animals and wish to be with them, I do think such love pails compared to a covenant of love we make with our spouse and G-d in Holy Matrimony. The covenant I have made to my wife and family does not include pets. Those that, in their minds, have included pets as part of their family – I believe dilute their sacred covenants. If this defines heaven then I believe there is a heaven you will find suiting. I will not fault you for your choice and wish you every happiness in it. It is just that I believe the most important focus and greatest good comes from insuring and doing all that is possible to be sealed to our human family because as wonderful as pet are they will not in eternity make up the joy of a lost human soul.

I do not see wisdom is seeking covenants that G-d does not offer.

The Traveler

Thanks for taking the time to explain your thoughts on the matter in a non-hostile manner!:)