Convert a famous person???

Lost_one

He's taking more of a shot at Jesus than he is at the LDS Church, really. The Captain's not the type to just go and ruffle your feathers, hes just kidding around like everyone else on the thread. I once had a history teacher that said that in today's world, Jesus would look like a mob boss... he hangs around with cheaters and prostitutes, and has a band of 12 guys around him at all times, the 'good guys' are all trying to catch him but can't, and has all sorts of people always asking him for mercy...

Edit: PS, I'd like to note in the Captains defense that he went to BYU...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I agree that Captain's post was meant to be humorous, and was more a commentary on conservative Christianity in general. It's a common joke that, "Jesus couldn't join our church because he drank." It's also not uncommon for people to wonder aloud whether members could get away with doing today what Jesus did in his day (eating with sinners, etc.).

He's taking more of a shot at Jesus than he is at the LDS Church, really.

Oh, well that makes it all okay, I guess. It was just Jesus he took a cheap shot at.:blink:

Edit: PS, I'd like to note in the Captains defense that he went to BYU...

Yeah, think of the TBM who had missed out on an excellent educational opportunity because of that, too. :huh:

Woah woah woah...there is a serious lack of chicks on this thread. In no particular order:

• Natalie Portman
  • Emily Deschanel
  • Jennifer Morrison
  • Edyta Slavinska
  • Julia Stiles
  • Gillian Anderson
  • Claire Danes
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Keira Knightley (if you don't know who she is, she's a slightly more manish version of Orlando Bloom...see AskaNinja.com)
  • Lacey Schwimmer
  • Shannon Elizabeth
  • Drew Barrymore
  • Whoever that woman is in Victoria Secret's Biofit commercial.
  • Jessica Biel
  • Amanda Peet
  • Janel Maloney
  • Amelia Heinle (The woman in Uncorked who looks like Denise Richards, but hotter)
  • Mary Louise-Parker
  • Diane Kruger
  • Emily Procter

Then again, maybe I don't want these women converted, as it might put an end to some of my secret joys. I saw a picture of Jennifer Aniston at the supermarket last month...She was in a red dress that was very, shall we say, uplifting.

Edited by MarginOfError
My wife keeps on reminding me of hot women I like to watch

PJ Proby is a singer who was famous here in the 1960s and has also been infamous for various reason. He's still performing, still has an amazing voice and incredible stamina and does believe in God and Jesus Christ but I would love him to become LDS. He has battled against alcoholism and won't even enter a bar these days to avoid the temptation.

He is American but I don't think he was ever well known over there. Some of the older Brits will remember him.

Oh, Ms. Mendez, you bring me joy.

If I were to pick a group of women to bring in, it would be these:

Christina Aguilera - Not just hot, but her parents went to Brigham Young! Time to bring her back to the fold.

Jewel - Raised LDS, also super talented and hot.

Anne Hathaway - Not LDS, unless you count in my mind.

EDIT: Forgot Katherine Heigl - Actually, she's LDS, but she claims she's a Jack Mormon, so I guess that doesn't count. She's still awesome.

And whiskey without the alcohol may as well not be whiskey.

There are basically two types of Jack Mormons: The angry types and the types that make me smile.

I knew one Jack Mormon who, when I was at dinner with him, raised a snifter of Scotch and said "I may be a Mormon, but darned if I'm not a bad one. To being a Jack Mormon!" and drained the glass. He always made me smile and often reminded me of Saint Augustine who said "Make me chaste, O' Lord. But not yet."