*****Challenge*****

Palerider

I have been thinking about this for a little while now and .....I will see how it goes....here is the deal...

Sunday March 1, 2009.....I challenge all forum members to attend Church on this day. Please attend the Church of your choice...I do understand not all here are members of the same faith. I would like to encourage all of you to go on this day. For those of you who are non believers...worship in your own way...:):)

Anyone up for this???????

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden

I have been thinking about this for a little while now and .....I will see how it goes....here is the deal...

Sunday March 1, 2009.....I challenge all forum members to attend Church on this day. Please attend the Church of your choice...I do understand not all here are members of the same faith. I would like to encourage all of you to go on this day. For those of you who are non believers...worship in your own way...:):)

Anyone up for this???????

Why?

hmmmm assuming nothing goes horribly wrong and i end up stuck in the middle of the ocean travelling home from vacation, i do what i can to go to church on march 1st since i am one of those who has been saying "i want to start going to church again, i just never have the day off"

if you are in the middle of the ocean....looks like you will have a church of 1.....:)......I hope you can attend also....

Pale, once we get there on Challenge Day, do we need to do anything different? I know that the boys at BYU are allowed to wear crazy ties to express their individuality (provided it still conforms and complies with Church standards). Do you wish to add something of this magnitude to your challenge?

Pale, once we get there on Challenge Day, do we need to do anything different? I know that the boys at BYU are allowed to wear crazy ties to express their individuality (provided it still conforms and complies with Church standards). Do you wish to add something of this magnitude to your challenge?

yes.....don't do anything stupid......and enjoy the service....:D

Pale, I agree that there are some, I have a child with this problem, it is not a matter of disbelief it is a matter of habit. Once you get out of the habit of going the you can find 100 things to do on Sunday instead of attending church.

Great idea.

Ben Raines

One of my former councilors does not attend. He started coming back just recently. He has made it for 2 sundays now. He kept telling me he was going to come and never did. This went on for a long time. I even asked him if we needed to send the Mormon mafia over to pick him up on sunday mornings....:D:D

Pale, I agree that there are some, I have a child with this problem, it is not a matter of disbelief it is a matter of habit. Once you get out of the habit of going the you can find 100 things to do on Sunday instead of attending church.

Great idea.

Ben Raines

i find myself in that situation exactly. i got out of the habit of going, but have never disbelieved. and now that i WANT to go back, everything is getting in the way. once i get back from holidays i'm going to talk to my manager about either having at least 2 sundays off a month, or working the afternoon shift on sundays. since it's a church thing, she can't really do anything legally about it. i feel good about the decision.