*****Challenge*****

Palerider

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And unfortunately, the other manager where I worked chose to go to Vegas for Nascar so I am forced to work. But I have been invited to a Single Adult fireside so I may go to that.

I just found out today they have these the first of every month very close to where I live. I had no idea. All for singles 30+. Sounds fun. I'm also looking into taking an Institute class.

it's still snowing so... i think i read they thought it might be a couple of inches..... and before anyone laughs at me you must consider location. we don't get snow... ok so we got some last yr but that was the first since 2000. ppl here don't know how to handle it and many ppl in our branch travel up to 30 min to get to church... that's just not safe. so yes we canceled church over snow.... our 2 elders (both from UT) laughed at me when i called to tell them church was canceled this morning. lol

it's still snowing so... i think i read they thought it might be a couple of inches..... and before anyone laughs at me you must consider location. we don't get snow... ok so we got some last yr but that was the first since 2000. ppl here don't know how to handle it and many ppl in our branch travel up to 30 min to get to church... that's just not safe. so yes we canceled church over snow.... our 2 elders (both from UT) laughed at me when i called to tell them church was canceled this morning. lol

I understand that in areas that don't get snow often, no one is truly prepared or even knows how to drive in snow. I'm sorry it happened today. I'm glad you'll be safe.

The only time we've canceled church ever, was last year. We were in the middle of the worst storm series we'd seen in decades. We were getting 1-2 feet of new snow every other day or so for 2 weeks. So the bishop cancelled church and asked every able bodied person to help dig everyone in the area out. :)

I was surprised because even when the power went out during a snow storm once, we still held Sacrament Meeting.

applepansy

P.S. How come the weeks we make plans to all go the same day, or other special events, always seem harder than regular Sundays?

Sorry Gwen... I cant help it... I am NOT laughing because you did not get in the church... but it just sounds so funny for me if ANYTHING is closed because of swnow or cold... I know I am bad ... SLAP ME! 20 lashes with a wet... no two wet spagethies!!!

Shame on me really! :lol:

I was in the church I even bore my testimony! And last Sunday I hold a speach... yheah you guessed it... I am one of those terrible oldies, that get up every Sunday possible to testify... :P Well mostly I do not bore people with my family business, but with the golden corns I have found during the week today it was this:

Dont let what you dont know destroy what you already know!

Then I had a feeling I should also say: That ... uh not sure now which words was used in english in teh original... Visdom is in our heads. Trueth is in our heats.... if we want to know the truth we first need to soften our hearts and this is done by repending and forgiving. (back Yard Professor 3 videoes something about critics...)

Forgot to say that Gwen I reallyn hope you get in the church next time !

Pmom!! Way to go girl! And if someone says someethign about yopur slippers tell them to say it to me so I will.....

Everybody... there is an other Sunday in a week!!

Edited by Maya

Sorry, Gwen, about the snow. It did kind of surprised me because I have never seen that happen and I live in an area where it dosen't snow but every 20 years or so. We did get snow this year but they never cancelled anything.

I went today and boy am I glad I did. We got a new relief society president, a new yw president and of course councilors oh I forget what all but just think of what I would have missed. We also had a great testimony meeting. Love those testimonys. Have a great day everyone and God Bless

I went but my body kept wanting to go to sleep, yea I have the 9AM schedule. I still managed to keep awake.

But it was a lot better than the week before when I didn't go. I ended up missing church due to a BYU vs. UNLV basketball game. I was pretty keyed up afterwards on a Saturday night and didn't get much sleep that night.

Today was the day from hell for me (pardon the expression, please). I don't think I would have made it through the day if I had not gone to Church. I strongly considered skipping it this morning, because I just couldn't deal with some things, but I'm glad I went. I needed the hug I got from my friend when she saw what kind of day I was having. If for no other reason than that, I'm really glad I went today.