911 over McNuggets?

pam

yes i laughed....

and after wondered (given her age) if she thought 911 was just an easy way to call the cops cause she was robbed. she should have been given a refund (the cashier that refused should be fired or demoted to grill cleanup). if they had given her burnt nuggets and said "sorry all sales final" and refused to refund or exchange that's one thing. but to say we don't have the item you ordered and we won't give you your money back is not acceptable. my 7 yr old could explain that much to you.

though she was foolish and should have been sited for misuse of 911, that store should have received repercussions for inappropriate business practices. i hope this sparks an inspection from both corporate and the local food inspectors... if they will pull that kind of stunt openly what are they doing in secret?

I agree. McDonalds was being ridiculous. What happened to customer service and having the customer leave with warm fuzzies? But I found it humorous she chose to call 911. I bet the dispatcher on the other end had quite a few laughs.

It would be like me going into say Best Buy looking for Air Supply's greatest hits. Paying for it and then having them say...Hey I'm out of Air Supply but I've got Marilyn Manson. For sure not what I wanted...so just give me my money back.

i completely understand her being upset. i would have stayed calm though, after talking to the manager if he/she did not refund my money i would take further action. i would not have called 911 over it. lol that is where she messed up and lost her legit complaint and made herself look the fool.

*snickers*

I would have called 9-1-1 as well. McNuggets are my favorite food. But seriously if I was in her place I would have gone to Wendy's. They have the five peice chicken nuggets for 99 cents. And I doubt Wendy's runs short.

I love Wendy's for chili and their baked potato. :)

After having spent better than 25 years in serving the public in various ways I can say...

All she should have done, was ask for the manager, if that didn't satisfy her, she should have told them to get the district manager on the phone and then talked to the district manager herself.

Why they couldn't give a refund is beyond me, it is a simple register procedure as long as the cashier has that training.

Calling 911 was an immature move on her part, she deserves anything they hand her (911) for taking up their time for non-emergency matters and 3 times!

I've never worked for McDonalds, and never desired to do so.

I think McD's food taste nasty, I'd rather have BK if I have to eat fast burgers. But if we had a Wendy's I'd go for the salad bar with lots of mushrooms!

Once with my MIL, she stopped by McD's and ordered my 2 year old a happy meal.

Inside the bag was a red/black and white spider. Yes a spider!

I found this after my child had already been eating the contents.

Talk about getting me upset. (red on a spider is not a good thing at all!)

When I called them, they apologized and told me they would give her a free ice cream.

Ummm, I don't think so...

I told them as far as I was concerned, they owed her a birthday party if anything and to keep their ice cream we didn't want it. (I didn't really want a B-day party for her there either, I just wanted them to know that a spider lost them an unwilling customer anyway, but I was nice about it...)

I wasn't calling cause I wanted anything, I was calling because they were endangering a 2 year old.

My 2 year old!

And that my dears, was the end all of McD's for me and my family!

Moral of this story:

Parents, Always Check The Contents Of Your Children's Sack Meals, No Matter From Whence They Come!

Edited by GingerGolden

I read somewhere that McNuggets are made from 56% corn products, so I guess they aren't really "chicken" McNuggets after all. She should have got a refund for sure, but someone really should call 911 about the false advertising. My husband and I watched a really interesting video last week "King Corn" you can see a preview of it on the PBS Independent Lens website: Independent Lens . KING CORN | PBS

It was fascinating to see how corn and our consumption of it has grown over the last 50 years. It follows an acre of corn from planting to final products, and shows how agricultural and governmental practices have changed over the years. Check it out if you get a chance.